question to other writers at WC

question to other writers at WC

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

I am curious----the past week since the "new feature" was added onto the site, are others having problems with
the screen starting to bounce as they reply to comments or try to review poems.
It is getting very frustrating...it will be okay for a few minutes and then it starts, I am trying to respond to all of the kind
folks reading my work, and trying to continue to reciprocate with reviews...but sometimes i have to just give up because the images on the screen will keep bouncing and the boxes to put comments and reviews won't stay still or on the screen at all.

this has been my favorite poetry site---i have emailed Charlie and written the problem to the "contact us"
but it persists, and if it continues, I will give up...

A couple others have spoken to me of similar problems, any others?

This is not just happening on my home computer; it has also been happening when I get on WC from our computers at the college.

I have also tried firefox, google and other search engines.

thanks,
jacob

© 2017 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Use the Opera browser to resolve :)

http://www.opera.com/

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

Will try it, thanks.
Jacob,

If you do leave tell me where I can find you.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

sure will, Al...thanks...
Yes, Jacob. I have suffered the same problems too. It’s been so bad that I’ve had to reboot my computer on numerous occasions. I thought it was just me. In fact, in order to type this response, I had to do so in Word and then copy and paste it here. It’s a veritable impossibility to leave a review. I type but nothing shows up in the box. I click and try to redo and it is so incredibly slow. It’s infuriating. Personally, I think the new “feature” is stupid. I keep clicking to close it but didn’t realize it was the culprit. It’s a nuisance when you come here, with limited time, only to waste more time than not because of this issue. It also gives the appearance that one might be neglecting others, when it’s not their fault or intention at all.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

yes, it won't close...and yes, limited time...
I tried to post and got Error 003. Changed the audience and genre, no help. Also can't access another writer's edited version of a story. What's up?

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

the new feature, since it came on the site, several people having problems.
Yes i have noticed ticed some diturbance here and there but nothing serious. .what troubled me here is some good members here wants to leave..and that makes me sad..some even I have not reviewed I consider some of the best here,it would be a big loss to a site that has been deserted by some great friends I used to know here..it's really sad when a good writer shuts down...ohh the worst when I click on someone it tells the owner of the page closed account..
I don't think it's a big thing just a strange behaviour here and there..that's how I see it..I use my tab phone since I am away from home and lost all my computers and all means of contacts..maybe it's what you are using that's causing the problem to some and not the others,that's how tech problems..shows different on different platforms..I think.



Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

bouncy bouncy screen and other problems....

i hope it gets fixed...this has been my f.. read more
bluessadmood

6 Years Ago

Exactly bouncy bouncy ,ha ha,I get this too,but very few times..I ve been here for 10 years now..let.. read more
bluessadmood

6 Years Ago

Ha ha,it's kind of intriguing, this site even when I leave it just know I will be back,ha ha,
.. read more
Happened a little a week ago, also had coloured 'frames' around my and others' avatars but that's stopped. I often add videos and am wondering if i should stop doing so, maybe that's overloading something (techno is beyond me, turning on a light is a miracle for em! )

Continuing with that, jacob.. have you noticed if your problem occurs when in touch with someone who uses videos or an excessive amount of artwork? Just a thought.

I'd far rather omit the vids etc.. than lose one of the finest writers and friends in the Cafe.

PS Truly wish the moderators would respond to questions, they so rarely have in the 8/9 years i've been here.. so sad.

Posted 6 Years Ago


thank you folks....i know others are experiencing similar problems...Don't want to leave WC but unless the problem is fixed, I am pretty much unable to post, comment, review or respond to reviews...the box to respond just keeps bouncing all over the place...so can't type more than a few words and it is gone...not sure why the site monitors aren't responding...several different people have written to them about the problem.
Hoping to stay here...but can't post until the problem is resolved...

Posted 6 Years Ago


I did have a few problems Jacob. Not the one's you mention however. Messages lost and a blue screen around things.
It would be awful if one of my favourite friends and poets left here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Have not experienced such a disturbance, Jacob.
Fervently hope not to.
Please don't leave WC; your exceptional work stimulates a great deal of excellent activity, here.




Posted 6 Years Ago


I thought it was my old computer but yes it does bounce even before the new additions which I have not opened

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2017
Last Updated on June 17, 2017

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing