Go your own way

Go your own way

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

Go your own way

 

 

 

 

pliant pen

strokes the pages

in benevolent wish

 

hot topics, cold love

the banshees are screaming

for gregarious graffiti 

 

on the walls of recklessness

catastrophic poetry

only

 

accepted at the turnstile

where heart meets purpose

it's a slam dunk

 

the only basket that counts 

is CNN in nature

write of the fire not the blue

 

we fight our own little wars

with emotion usually winning

and us left to skirmish with the muse.

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

3/1/22

© 2022 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It reminded my about a piece of music by Max Richter - November, that I love, so : thank you!

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Florin,
j.
Go Your Own Way, love that song, and when it comes to writing, we all go our own way. Some far more successful than others. Writing doesn't come easy to me, I have a mean muse. Or maybe my concentration is rubbish these days. You are consistently prolific J.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Chris...not so much lately....
j.
advise from the Professor says i! ... instant connection with the song for me ;) from a poet through and through sir! well done ... another keeper in my opinion ... vivid social commentary boiled down to one's voice and wrestle always with the muse ... thanks for sharing jacob! i like this one a lot
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, E.
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Fleetwood Mac sang a song with the same title :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Yes, and thank God there are no copyrights on titles....
but it did fit with the idea...
read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I go through phases where I'll write a bunch of stuff then not post for ages, this not bothering me though as for me sticking a few words together is a pastime rather than a passion that has to be fulfilled.
Can't imagine you ever struggling to write Jacob :))
Good morning :))

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Oh, I do, more often than you might think...
I am streaky...but I have no choice but to write.. read more
We are at the will of our muse and we write what is important to us in the moment, it comes naturally or not at all. I love all the references in this and you are definitely saying more beneath the obvious;)

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, Patricia,
j.
I enjoyed your write and the observations you communicate through it. I don't have time for drama in my life. I've had plenty enough as I'm sure you have too. I don't have patience for pontificating asses and struggling teenage emoets either. The mundane bores me and boredom is something I shun as much and often as possible. I'd rather be creating, cooking, playing guitar, drawing, painting, writing poetry, playing with my kid, reading a book or washing dishes. At least I'm accomplishing something rather than suffering those proverbial slings and arrows. But I WAS young once, in another world and life. I write what I write because it's who I am, it's what I do. I just keep adding to my oeuvre while I'm able. Maybe someone, someday will think my scribblings worth reading but if not, my kids might enjoy them to remember me by. I'm very richly blessed and I spend a great deal of my time giving thanks and counting those blessings. It's so much better than counting chickens that never seem to hatch. I'm off to finish reading WICKED...the life and times of the wicked witch of the west. My oldest daughter liked it and we have similar tastes so I thought I'd give it a read. Plus, my AWESOME wife just bought me every single episode of the TV series MASH on DVD. 32 discs with about 8 episodes per DVD. I just casually mentioned I missed the show on TV and she did that for me. As I said, I'm a very blessed man. Bless you, my friend, and keep writing your wonderful poetry and brilliant metaphor and I'll keep reading.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

You are blessed....the entire series of MASH...I just finished the seventh and final season of Hill .. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

2 Years Ago

Loved HSB. Especially Animal.
The catastrophic poetry stanza grabbed me. Recklessly writing and throwing it at the wall. And we are all up against that wall. You write of the struggle writing can be but don't seem to struggle at it. Or maybe these poems you write are your screams?

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Thank you for your words, Bill,
j.
My all time favorite graffito is "Support mental health or I'll kill you." Something about the unmitigated sweetness of it moved me deeply. Yes, our poetic efforts do often end in skirmishes with the muse. Mine isn't speaking to me now. Might have to b***h slap her.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

Ha ha...yes, those b***h slaps...
thank you, John,
j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2022
Last Updated on March 1, 2022

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing