Our History.

Our History.

A Chapter by Viola
"

Violet and Jazz learn the history of the keepers.

"

The drive to Castian always seemed long to Jazz. It had only been six months since the keepers found him, and since then he had been on the run. He looked over at Violet and frowned. He knew this would be hard, but he couldn't even imagine what she was going to go through. With all these thoughts whirling in his head he almost missed the turn. He sharply made the turn and sighed. Just twenty more minutes and they would both find out everything about who they were.

They pulled up to a small building; that on the outside seemed to an old outhouse. Violet had awoken about 5 minutes before they pulled up. They got out of the car and headed to the small building. Violet looked over at Jazz and said, "You can't be serious." He laughed softly and kept walking. They walked into the small building and there was nothing there but a few buttons. Jazz pushed in something and the building started to vibrate softly. Suddenly the floor started to go down. "It's an elevator!" Violet excliamed in amazement. Jazz smiled at her and said, "Yeah. The government doesn't seem to think an old outhouse is suspicous at all." They went down and down, for what seemed to be hours to Violet. Finally the elevator stopped and door opened. Violet gasped in amazement. It was an entire city underground! She could harldly put her mind around it. She had seen pictures of cities this large. Cities like New York and Los Angeles; back six hundred years ago or so. Jazz started laughing and grabbed her by the hand and pulled her. "What are you doing? I want to see the city," Violet complained. Jazz replied, "We will later, but first you need to see Mezz." Violet moaned in frustration, but she followed him anyways. They reached a small building, and Jazz had to show two body guards out front something before they went in. They entered and Violet was lead down and extremely long hallway. Finally they reached a room at the end and went in. There was an elderly man sitting in a desk. He seemed so sad and distracted, but he also had a look of wisdom. He was a leader; Violet could tell it by just looking at him. After a minute of awkward silence, Jazz spoke. "Mezz, I have brought Violet here." Mezz looked up from his desk and smiled warmly. He got up and walked over to them, giving both of them a fatherly type hug. He backed up and spoke, "So my child you have come. Now I must tell you the history of our kind before you could even grasp what is to come. Please, both of you sit down." He walked around to the back of his desk and sat down. Jazz and Violet followed suit by sitting in the seats in front of his desk. Mezz inhaled deeply, and then lit up a cigar. He looked up at them and began, "Our kind has been around for hundreds of years. We have no idea how we came into existance and if our powers were natural or created. Back when people just started noticing us, they began hunting us. They feared our powers; feared what we were capable of. I do not blame them for this, because there are those of us out there who are abusing their power. It all started when a man by the name of Ezra Stiltz, one of our kind, started a war with Jeska Orak; another like us. Ezra was an extremist, he wanted war with the humans. Jeska sought for a more peaceful solution, and in the end they ended up fighting eachother. This is the war that was fought 500 hundred years ago. The government covered it up to protect their image of control by saying they fought and exterminated our kind. After that, the keepers were never spoken of again in their society. We are only a myth to them now. This is all I can tell you on our history, its all that we have been able to find." Violet looked at Mezz and then over at Jazz. Is any of this for real? A war between keepers, government cover ups, and secret wars now. It was all just a bit much to handle. Before she could ask any questions, Mezz stood up and said, "Alright now we're going to show the both of you what all we are capable of. Believe me there is no going back now."



© 2008 Viola


Author's Note

Viola
ignore grammar if you can =). Also in the next chapter when you learn the abilities I plan to add more than just time manipulation so look forward to that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah cool. It's very interesting.

Maybe you could start some new paragraphs every here and there?

The man's speech sounded like something that might be a little awkward coming out of the mouth. But it really depends on the character and where they're from, etc.
:D S.D.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Exceptional write, lots of intrigue and suspense in this story. keepers and coverups, wow a great story.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2008
Last Updated on October 12, 2008


Author

Viola
Viola

Sheffield, AL



About
what can i say, i love to write. i really want to write professionally. i love just about any kind of writing, but mostly i like fiction. i really want to live in england, somewhere in the country pre.. more..

Writing
The Beginning. The Beginning.

A Chapter by Viola


Keepers. Keepers.

A Chapter by Viola



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..