I'm tired

I'm tired

A Story by Esteban Morfín
"

of myself

"
I have many dreams and grandiose plans. The bad thing is that those plans change with the wind. I want to be the best soccer player, the best pianist, the best painter, the best singer, the best writer, the best businessman. Needless to say, I never get too far anywhere. I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing. 

I am one of those people who have interesting conversation topics but no real ability to work in the modern world. If only they paid to dream and plan. The reality is that the only thing I've been consistent with has been my inconsistency. 

I really don't understand this world and I'm not sure I want to understand it. I do not want to enter into the dynamics that society proposes. I don't want to work from eight to five for more than forty years just to be able to live with some ease in the last years of my life. I don't want to work to further inflate the pockets of I don't know what millionaire tycoon who no longer knows what to do with so much money. 

I do not want to live a comfortable and mediocre life, having beside me so many siblings who are much more unfortunate than me, who have no choice but to live a life of misery, subjected to the will of a system that leaves them so exhausted that they only have strength to survive and nothing more, condemned to a lower existence and with no possibility of escape. I'm sick of myself and my own mediocrity.

© 2022 Esteban Morfín


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

For many of us, life is very difficult to navigate and we venture out like a sheep among wolves. (Or so it might feel) I have learned that one can rise above mediocrity if one tries hard and long enough. Courage, my friend. You must have courage.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
start here ---> https://youtu.be/7cqHtGb9WYM
former young guy singing about being tired. Long story short... open the door and step outside then take it a day at a time you are good :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2022
Last Updated on June 2, 2022
Tags: monologue

Author

Esteban Morfín
Esteban Morfín

México, Estado de México, Mexico



About
Hello there! My name is Esteban. I am a Mexican young man with a passion for writing. In the long term, I want to dedicate full-time to writing. I've been writing short stories and novels pretty.. more..

Writing