Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by estellenorean

Maid Heiress

Chapter 4

“Miss Hailey, straighten your back and walk in a straight line,” Miss Grace said.

“San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica. Miss Hailey, please get it right,” Miss Dolly said.

“Miss Hailey, that is not how you serve the guests coffee,” Miss Amy said.

My first two weeks in Ariana’s Mansion were torture. I was miserable. I spent every day trying to get things right and ended up getting everything wrong. It was hard enough trying to learn the basics. What could possibly happen to me when I really start working? I sighed. This isn’t how I planned things would go. Every day I had 3 classes with three different teachers. I had Ms. Grace as my manners teacher; Ms Amy as my household trainer; Ms. Dolly as my Academics teacher. These three classes are always alternating every hour during weekdays starting at 8 am until 8 pm. On weekends however, I only have one hour for each of them.

Today was a weekday; Friday to be specific. Today was also different. Instead of having classes, I was going to stay with Ariana. We were going to look for my first job, and that was to be personal maid of a close family friend.

Ariana introduced me to Clause, one of our drivers. From now on he was assigned to me. If I wanted to go anywhere, I just have to tell him and he’ll take me there. “Pleased to make your acquaintance Ms. Evanson,” he said.

“Please just call me Hailey,” I told him. I looked at Ariana and received a death glare from her. “I mean, call me Angela.”

“Pleased to make your acquaintance Ms. Angela.” He bowed.

“Clause, Please bring us to the Crystalle Residence,” Ariana ordered. Clause bowed and opened the door for us. The car was different that I expected. I thought it would be grander since this was Ariana’s car. I was simple but elegant. It was sleek black on the outside and leathery black on the inside.

“Here.” Ariana handed me something. “It’s a wig. You’ll need it. We don’t want anyone to know your real identity.” It was a wig that had dark brown hair. It was my old hair color. If anyone caught me with her, people would just assume it was like that because I was their scholar. Nobody is supposed to know me as Angela Evanson yet, but as Hailey Summers. I wore the wig.

“The Crystalles are one of our family friends. For now you will be meeting them as Hailey Summers. You will be applying for the personal maid of Kathie Crystalle. She’s a kind girl. If you grew up here, she would’ve been your best friend,” Ariana said.

“Kathie Crystalle? How old is she?” I asked.

“She’s about your age. I think she’s older by a few months or so.” She thought for a moment. “Did Ms. Grace teach you everything? You need your manners for today. The Crystalle household is strict when it comes to these kinds of matters. You better not fail,” she said sinisterly. She released a really dark aura.

“I… I’ll do my best,” I said.

We entered the gates to the Crystalle mansion. Their place wasn’t as big as Ariana’s but it was more stunning. There were numerous pools; pools for swimming and recreation or even just for display. On the garden, there were about 8 pools with various designs. Clause dropped us off at the main door. “I will be waiting here, Ms. Evanson,” Clause said. Ariana nodded.The door opened without any warning and I leaped up in surprise. “Who are you? State your business.” It was a maid. Her tone made you want to leave.

“I’m Ariana Evanson. I assume I don’t need to explain any further. I’m here to present an applicant to your masters,” Ariana demanded. She was in business mode.

“Very well.” The maid opened the door widely. “I am Lily Ann, the new head maid of this household. If you would, please follow me.” Lily Ann turned around and started walking. She walked with grace and with a great amount of pride. It seems like Ms. Amy was serious. I did lack those traits.

Inside the mansion there were also pools though they were smaller. There were about 4 of them. They had fishes; some were rare and they had vivid colors. Their house seems to have a theme. That theme was water. The walls had a light blue color and so were the surroundings. The floor was polished well and you can assume you are standing on ice.  There were also the pools. Aside from those, there were aquariums and even an indoor river.

“Please stay here. I will call Mr. Eldor.” Lily Ann brought us to a room and made us

“Mr. Eldor? Who’s he?” I asked.

“He is the owner of this place. He’s also the father of Kathie. And he’s one of my best clients.” She smiled. I felt a sudden pressure, but somehow it was nothing compared to the dark intent that Ariana had behind her smile. It was scaring me. She sure is deep. Very deep.

A door opened and a man entered. He had a black business suit on. Behind him was a girl. She had a slim figure. She was also kind of pretty. She wore a blue shirt and jeans. Her copper red hair was tied in ponytail. Her face clearly said these words: I’m bored; can I go now?

“Eldor, it’s great to see you after locking yourself in your room for about a couple of weeks,” Ariana said.

“Well I just finally finished the design for Evanson Companies’ new project. Of course, I wouldn’t want to disappoint you especially because your family has helped us a lot,” he said. Then he cleared his throat. “So what exactly did you come here for?”

“I came to present a maid, for your daughter. Her name is Hailey Summers. She is an amateur but she is responsible enough to do simple jobs without fail. I greatly recommend her, but currently she is still in training. If it’s not much for you, I’d like to give her this as a training experience since I heard that you were looking for a personal maid for your daughter.” Ariana spoke confidently. With those words I felt another huge amount of weight on my shoulders. She really wanted me to feel pressured. Lily Ann entered the room and brought tea. She then stood near the door.

“My daughter doesn’t exactly have any standards to begin with so we’ll accept her for now. Given your recommendation, she could already be an official maid here in this mansion. Thank you for giving us your time and for your effort,” He said to Ariana. “Miss Hailey, you should be aware of your responsibilities once you will join the staff here. Lily Ann will give you an introduction when you start working here,” he told me. “This is my daughter, Kathie. You’ll be working for her. Though, I’m not sure if you have to continue your job when school comes around. But if you will, please take care of her.”

“S…s…school?” I suddenly blurted out. I looked at Ariana. She was whistling. How…how could she!!!

“Oh yes. You will accompany her there, at Simone Clarenze University.” Mr. Eldor said.

“What a coincidence. Hailey is also the lucky student that received a full scholarship to the university,” Ariana smiled. She…she…she did this on purpose!!! How can it be a coincidence?

“Really? You must be very studious student,” he said.

Kathie then came towards me. She looked at me from top to bottom. She looked at me seriously and said, “What do you think of the color blue?”

“It’s very refreshing,” I said.

 “I think so too.” She smiled. “I think we’re going to get along just fine. So, Hailey, you’ll start next week. Don’t be late. I have a lot of things planned.” She looked at her father. “I’ll be going now.”

“Bye, dear! We’ll be expecting you next week Saturday. So please come. Thank you,” he told me.

“My father would also like to ask you a favor. It is kind of private so please, if we can have time alone…” Ariana begged him.

“Lily Ann, you may leave. Miss Hailey if-” he was interrupted.

“No. She stays,” Ariana said defensively.

“Very well.”

“Our father would like you to keep it shut about my sister. If the Simones found out about this, you will be affected.”

“I understand. I assure you they won’t hear a word. What about your sister? How is she? Is she Ms. Hailey here?”

“Yes. Only you should know. Your daughter on the other hand, if she does make friends with Hailey, I think it wouldn’t be so hard to trust her.” Ariana said. “We trust you Eldor. That’s all.” Ariana stood up. She told me to go and thanked Mr. Eldor.

“You will go back here next week and you will do your job.” Ariana told me. “Let’s just hope nothing goes wrong.  From now on you will be studying twice as hard! We have to beat the Simones!!!”

“What!!!???” I yelled at her.


Xxx One week later xxX

“What in the world are you wearing?” Lily Ann yelled at me as soon as I stepped on their front door. That day I was wearing a green shirt and shorts. I was also wearing a sling bag. Lily Ann held me in one arm and dragged me inside, past the kitchen and into the maid chambers. “You should wear this. Every maid here works while wearing it. You should be no different.” She gave it to me. It looked exactly like the one she was wearing. It was blue and white and frilly. I hated the frilly part.

I changed into it. it was very uncomfortable. Ms. Amy made me wear another maid uniform but it was black and white and less frilly. That one was the Evanson uniform.

“Miss Kathie is in her room. Bring her this.” Lily Ann handed me a tray filled with food I’ve never seen before. “Go.” She pushed me causing the food to nearly spill. The other maids nearby tried to hide their laughter. To avoid the situation from getting worse, I left for Kathie’s room.

I knocked on her door. “Miss Kathie, your food is here,” I said.

“Oh. Bring it in.” She opened the door. “Oh. It’s you. Why are you wearing that?” she pointed at the uniform. “It doesn’t suit you.”

I went inside her room. It was as big as my room in Ariana’s mansion. It was like you were underwater. The two sides of the room were aquariums with fishes swimming in them. The other sides were painted with ocean shades. Her bed was a nice blue shade with white sheets. Her things were neatly arranged on the side and there was a bookshelf with various books. I nearly dropped the tray from awe. The place was beyond amazing. I placed the tray of food on one of her tables.

“Your clothes are with Lily Ann right?” she asked. I nodded. “Come with me.” She grabbed my arm just like Lily Ann did earlier and went with me downstairs. She went into the hall where Lily Ann brought me.

“Lily Ann?” Kathie called.

“Yes, Miss Kathie? Is there anything wrong with the food I prepared?” Lily Ann asked.

“I’d like you to return her clothes,” she directed to me. “She will be needing them.”

“But young mistress your father clearly said-”

“Forget what he said. Hailey is my personal maid. I’m in charge of what she’s going to wear. If she goes to school, do you also expect her to wear this uniform?” Kathie asked Lily Ann.

Lily Ann lowered down her head. “I’m sorry young mistress. Here are her clothes.” She handed Kathie my clothes.

“Hailey we’re going upstairs. Please follow me.” Kathie turned around.

As we stepped into her room, Kathie ordered me to change into the clothes I came in with. “I’m going to leave the maid uniform outside my room. Be sure to get it, Josie,” Kathie spoke through a phone.

After Changing I felt much better. The uniform was too tight. The tray filled with Kathie’s food was nearly empty. Kathie must’ve started eating. She sat wherein she was facing my direction and was looking in a laptop. She raised her head. “You’re done.” She stood up.

“Let’s introduce ourselves again. I’m Kathie Crystalle, the Daughter of Eldor and Krista Crystalle. My favorite color is blue and I aim to be a marine biologist someday.” She offered her hand.

“I’m Hailey Summers. I come from Georgia. I come from a simple family. My favorite color is Lavender.” I shook her hand.

Kathie burst out laughing. “A great game this is. Ha-ha. I know your secret already. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” She stood up straight again. “Ok. Now tell me about yourself, Angela Evanson.” She sat on the bed.

“Um, I don’t really know much about myself either.” I gripped my sling bag.

“What are you standing there for? Sit down. And don’t act all humble. Didn’t I say we were friends? You don’t have to be scared of me. I don’t bite. Just call me Kathie.”

I sat down on one of her chairs. “Thank you. But how do you know about me being an Evanson?”

“Well, when I said I’ll leave yesterday, I didn’t go anywhere; I stayed by the door so of course I heard your conversation,” she smiled.

“Eh!!!” was all I said. I never really thought of that.

“After that I researched a lot. You were the rumored child of the Evansons. It was said that you were given away for safety during the great crisis of your company. But I researched more. Your 17 years old. You have a little sister. The father who took you in is a lawyer. You were also one of the honor students. You were ranked 3rd. You are also the chosen scholar of the Evanson Companies at Simone Clarenze University.”

My head was spinning after she gave all the information anyone can possibly know about me. “How did you find out all those things?”

“I know my way around the net and around Ariana’s assistant as well. It’s one of my specialties.” She smiled. “And I’m going to help you.”

“Huh?”

“You want to see your parents, right? I’ll help you improve. I’m also close friends with your sister so it won’t be hard for me.”

“But we just met. How can you trust me so easily?”

“I know people when I look them in the eye. You are one of those whom I can trust and count on. I know you won’t let people down.”

“Thank you.”

“I will also be your lookout.” She said. “I said earlier right? I know people when I look them in the eye; one of the people whom we aren’t likely to trust is Lily Ann, this mansion’s head maid. I can’t seem to find a record of her anywhere and she has that aura that just repels people. I’m also suspecting that she’s working for the Simones.”

“So you’re saying?”

“That we have to be careful. Lily Ann works here and can have access to the rooms. She might hear any conversation such as this one right now. All you have to do is trust me.”

“Ok I will.” I made that decision. And in the next few days, I knew I had made a great friend and a reliable ally. And this decision was something I didn’t regret.

Xxx End of Chapter 4 xxX


Xxx Extra xxX

“Yes, Miss. I have done my job. I have no leads so far but I won’t let you down.”

“Just make sure you do it! I have no time for disappointment. If she does exist, kill her. Immediately. If there’s going to be an heir, it’s going to be me. And I always get what I want.”

“Yes, Miss Kylie. I’ll do as you say. I won’t fail you.”

“I’m counting on that.”


Xxx Sneak Peek xxX

“You must be lost on your first day. As expected from a new student,” the boy said. I remember him. He’s Devon Kitsveere. He turned around and walked away from me.

“Aren’t you going to help me?” I asked.

“Should I? (Hailey: What!!!) Is there anything I can gain from you? I don’t think so. You’re just a waste of my time.” He smiled sinisterly. There was a hint of evil in his eyes. Then he just walked away.

“What… what kind of guy are you!!?” I said angrily. He probably didn’t hear me. He was just the worst. I won’t even try looking for that guy. That’s right. He was just a waste of my time.

AN: If anything confuses you, tell me. I’d be happy to answer. Please review!!! Thanks for reading!! JJJJ

 



© 2012 estellenorean


Author's Note

estellenorean
Just review. please and thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on February 26, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012


Author

estellenorean
estellenorean

Bacolod City, Region VI, Philippines



About
I'm imaginative, good natured, friendly, compassionate, gentle, easygoing, emotional, honest, and affectionate. In short... I'm a Pisces. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by estellenorean


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by estellenorean


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by estellenorean