The Benefits of Installing a Swimming Pool

The Benefits of Installing a Swimming Pool

A Story by Arnold Kotak
"

To many, a swimming pool is something of a pipe dream. Not only is it seen as the epitome of luxury, it is also sadly an installation few of us have the budget for.

"

To many, a swimming pool is something of a pipe dream. Not only is it seen as the epitome of luxury, it is also sadly an installation few of us have the budget for. However, more and more people are finding that swimming pool builders are more affordable than they might think, and that having their very own pool provides them with a wealth of advantages:

Exercise

The world, it often seems, has gone exercise mad. There are apps, websites and social media pages dedicated to fitness, as well as the various gyms and classes which have long since been a favourite. The problem with many of these is the lengths that people have to go to get some exercise. For many, the prospect of an evening drive, followed by a class and another substantial drive or walk after that is enough to put them off altogether. Imagine then, having all of the calorie burning benefits of swimming in your own garden!

Fun

Although there are many fitness benefits to swimming, there are also many reasons why children take so well to the water �" because it’s fun for them! From splashing to playing on inflatable’s, there’s just so much fun to be had in the water, it’s a wonder we can ever get them out. 

Stress relief

There’s something very calming about water. Whether you’re watching it, or floating in it, you can literally wash your cares away. Many people find that a daily swim, be it morning or evening, is all the meditation they need to calm themselves and face the challenges ahead with a clear perspective. 

Aesthetics

Because swimming pools are still seen as the be all and end all of domestic luxury, they’re highly coveted. That means you can enjoy the prospect of admiring glances from all visitors. Imagine saying “come and look at our pool” at the coffee morning you host and it’s easy to see why thousands of other people have already invested in a pool.

Adding value

The cost of installing a swimming pool is often the deciding factor. However, a recent survey by the National Association of Realtors (in the US) estimated that a pool can increase the value of a home by up to 5%. Of course, in the US many properties have swimming pools due to the sunnier climate.  Therefore, it is easy to argue that having a pool is not unusual.  Here in the UK a pool is definitely not the norm, so this figure could be significantly higher.  Having an unusual feature such as swimming facilities will also help to generate interest in your property should you decide to sell at some point in the future.

© 2015 Arnold Kotak


Author's Note

Arnold Kotak
The author has a keen interest in pools and hot tubs. His articles on the subject inform readers about all aspects of pool care and what to consider when it comes to finding swimming pool builders.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015
Tags: installation, Swimming Pool, UK

Author

Arnold Kotak
Arnold Kotak

New York, NY



About
The gastric juices of young children contain, in addition to those just mentioned, the enzyme rennin, which acts on milk. Some foods, including simple sugars and alcohol, are absorbed directly through.. more..

Writing