How to decide if you need to have a tree removed

How to decide if you need to have a tree removed

A Story by Arnold Kotak
"

Few of us fail to see the beauty in a majestic tree. Not only are they great to look at but they provide shade when you need it...

"
Few of us fail to see the beauty in a majestic tree.  Not only are they great to look at but they provide shade when you need it, create living space for various animals, food for yet more and can even afford children a cheap and low maintenance climbing frame.

However, there are times when trees can cause problems, some of which can be quite severe.  This could certainly be the case if the tree is at risk of falling either on your property or yourself. When faced with such a situation then you may have to consider removing the offending tree, but how do you know when the time is right?


Tell-tell signs that you need to undertake tree work in Birmingham

If a tree is showing signs of being unhealthy then there is a good chance that it is going to pose a risk to you, your family, members of the public or your property.  In which case it is advisable to get it looked at and perhaps ultimately removed.  

Some of the easiest ways to see if a tree is healthy, or poses a risk include:

The roots �" if a trees roots are sticking out of the ground then they are likely to cause untold damage to the surrounding area.  If the tree is located near to a building then this can cause instability in the foundations, and all the complications that is likely to bring.  On top of this such protuberance can also cause damage to the roots themselves, making them inefficient at sustaining the health of the tree in question.  In turn, the tree could become diseased and start to die, resulting in it needing to be removed.

The branches �" if a tree becomes too big there is a chance that it will be unable to support the weight of its branches.  In such cases the branches can crack, split and fall away from the tree causing damage to anything that may be underneath.  In such a case the tree may not need to be removed directly, but an experience arborist could cut the branches back to minimise the risks.

Infections �" if a tree has become infected with a disease then it is essential that you seek professional advice.  Some diseases can be treated with specialist concoctions, while others are ultimately deadly.  In such cases the tree will need to be removed by an expert with experience in feeling or dismantling them.

If you are in any doubt about the best way to proceed with tree care then you should contact someone who has experience of tree work in Birmingham to provide you with advice.  They will be able to look at your specific situation and provide you with the relevant advice.

© 2015 Arnold Kotak


Author's Note

Arnold Kotak
The author has a keen interest in trees and their conservation. His articles on the subject inform readers about a variety of things to consider in relation to tree work in Birmingham.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015
Tags: tree remove

Author

Arnold Kotak
Arnold Kotak

New York, NY



About
The gastric juices of young children contain, in addition to those just mentioned, the enzyme rennin, which acts on milk. Some foods, including simple sugars and alcohol, are absorbed directly through.. more..

Writing