Shadows of Ash: Chapter 4

Shadows of Ash: Chapter 4

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

   Long ago, all the clans lived together in peace. Until one day, restlessness and darkness crept into the heart of Ash Clan's leader, Jareth. He began to dream that all the other clans were conquered and slaves to him. He desired to be an emperor, with all the people bowing down to him.

   To make his dream into reality, he gathered his closest advisors, and began to plan. When the attack came upon Oak Clan, it was swift, and deadly. Two villages fell, and when the leader of Oak Clan, Kalisa, realized what happened, she was enraged. She ordered a retaliation at the betrayers, and soon both clans were locked in a deadly war, neither side gaining an upper hand.

   The smaller clans, like Birch, Cedar, Fir, and Maple, joined sides, or was conquered in Birch and Maple's case. Now neither clan is no more, lost in the darkness within Ash Clan. Fir and Cedar remain, joined with Oak.

   Amidst all the fighting in the land, one clan remained neutral. Cypress Clan, although the smallest, is also the most loyal and proud. We have developed a different kind of fighting, one that allows us to take out our enemies with using only our hands, as well as learning swordplay. Our leader at that time, Torin, was determined to remain neutral. And for hundreds of years, that was the case, until Ash Clan murdered our current leader. My father.

   And now, for the first time in hundreds of years since the war began, Cypress Clan shall choose a side that will tip the balance in Oak Clan's favor. For too long has blood of men, women, and children been spilled, and for too long has this blood feud lived. It was time for peace in the land, and us joining Oak Clan will make that image happen.

   At least, that is the hope.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
So now you have the background story on why all the clans are fighting. the next chapter shall take place in the presnt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 21, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing