Midsummer Nights~ Ch. 1 Seeing the Family

Midsummer Nights~ Ch. 1 Seeing the Family

A Chapter by evilbunnyfufu29
"

All Reena expected when the drive down to her aunts house ended was a peaceful summer of helping on the farm, riding horses, and relaxing with her cousin Gavin. She gets so much more with Gavin

"

“Almost there... just a few more hours.” This is all I can think about after the last eleven hours in this car. This ride has been hell on wheels. My name is Reena Onsworth. I’m 5’8” with a generous bosom, I’ve got sapphire blue eyes and midnight black hair that goes halfway down my back. The reason that I’ve been in this car for so long, is that I’m going to see some family of mine that live on a ranch in Texas.  They live just South of a little town named Rusk.


Now, I haven't seen my family since I was six, that was nine years ago. After all this time I am not so sure how I feel about seeing them again. I am rather happy about getting to see my cousin Gavin again, he was my best friend, we still talk after all this time but I am not sure what to expect. He said he had some things he just had to show me. After knowing this boy for fifteen years I know that he is as random as a jukebox in a Gordmans.

“Mom, please tell me how much longer I have to stay in this wretched car.” “Not much longer sweetheart, only twenty more minutes. You know how I’ve been texting your Aunt Marilyn. Well, she says that if you want to you can use that old summer house they got out back. Reena I have to warn you though its in a bit of disrepair, if you want it you can have it but you have to repair it.” Thats my mom Clarisse I love her to bits and pieces but she sometimes just doesn’t get me, I think its a normal parent thing. Next to her is my dad Ronald, now he is definitely gets me, were best friends. Now, my mom doesn’t know that my dad has been giving me music, carpentry, and art lessons since i was nine. “Thats alright, that would surely give me a summer project. If I find that there's nothing to do.” “Hun, you know that your Aunt has horses. I’m sure that there will be a horse that you will just fall in love with. Maybe you’ll even find a boy that you like.” There goes my mom again on the topic of boys, I think that she is rather embarrassed that her daughter hasn’t had a single boyfriend, yeah that's right not a one. “Mom its just something extra to do. I get bored easily, you know that, and you know how I get when you bring up boys!” “Okay! ladies settle down were here.” There goes my dad breakin’ up the argument again. It always seems to be his job when we start to fight, but I love him for it, it keeps me and my mom working together. “Hey there's Aunt Marilyn, Gavin, Uncle Gaius, and . . . wait who's that?” The last person whom I did not know was a guy, he had black hair that was wind-blown, piercing blue eyes and he was rather muscular.

While everyone was walking up to the car the mystery guy and I had our eyes locked on each other, neither one of us wavering. Then my mom called for me to get of the car. We were both shook out of our stupor. When I got out I wasn’t prepared for the being tackled into a hug by my Aunt Marilyn. “Well, hi Auntie. It’s good to see you too.” When we got up all of the adults walked up to the ranch house and started chatting like there was no tomorrow. Then it was just the three of us. “Hey I’m Callem.  It’s nice to meet you Reena. I work as a stable hand for your aunt and uncle.” I heard all of what he said but I was in amazement that he didn’t have a single lick of a drawl in his voice. “Hi to you too. Did you just get here?” I asked. “No, I got here a few months ago. Why do you ask?” he questioned right back. “Well, you have no hint of a southern drawl at all. It’s amazing” and just like that I remembered that Gavin was still with us and hadn’t gone up to the house with the adults. “Oh, Gavin I am so sorry. We just totally left you out of the conversation.” I hurriedly said and embraced him like I would to a lifetime friend, of which he was. “Now why don’t you two show me to the summer house like proper southern gentlemen” I teased. “Of course My Lady.” and with a sweep of both of their arms and a bow in sequence, we all walked arm in arm to the old summer house out back.

“Oh, it truly has fallen into disrepair. Hasn’t it. . .” I couldn’t help but let the sorrow saturate my voice I truly was sad. “Yes, it has. We were going to try to get it slightly fixed up before you came.” “We?” I questioned. “Yes, Callem and I.” He slowly explained. “Oh. . . well no matter if it was then or now, we need to start so I have somewhere somewhat decent to sleep.” And with that we started onto the back breaking task.


© 2013 evilbunnyfufu29


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on November 18, 2013
Last Updated on November 18, 2013
Tags: stable hand, princess, love, unexpected, magical ?


Author

evilbunnyfufu29
evilbunnyfufu29

Jesup, IA



About
I come from a small town where there's no where to go, nothing to do, and no opportunities. So, I hoped to put my work here and have it read by more than just the locals. more..

Writing