chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by levi marken

I spun in a full circle trying to see what it was, talking about but I didn't see it till I had finishing my spin. By then it was too late to run. Right where I started was the biggest dog I had ever seen. The dog stood about eight feet tall and looked like a Rottweiler except it was pure black. It had the aroma of death coming off its body. Its mouth had blood stains on its teeth and looked like it had just killed something and was back for more. 

My shield spun out of my watch. Just as the thing that wrote the note saying my shield would pop out of the watch when I needed it. Even though it was a big shield it felt like it was weightless. I drew my sword in my left hand and felt a throbbing pain in my right hand and I noticed that my shield and arm were sparking. I held the power back for a little while till the dog made a lunge for me. Then I lifted my shield and focused on lightning and the dog. There was an ear piercing boom and a blinding flash of light. There was a yelp and when my shield shrank down to a watch there was a six foot deep crater in the ground and there was no more dog.

I sheathed my sword and looked at my arms and the burn marks in it were now blue. My fingers sparked with power. I looked around apparently no one was here but apparently this is what my life is going to be. I focused on my other arm and it turned red then my arm burst into flames. I screamed and tried to put it out. I couldn't put it out. Oddly it didn't actually hurt it just tingled. Then I thought that if I willed the fire to start maybe I could will it to stop. So I thought really hard about my arm not being on fire, slowly the tingling lessened. Finally I looked down at my arm and the fire was gone but my arm still had red lines in it. I needed help now I didn't know what was going on.

I grabbed my bag and tossed it in the passenger side of my truck. I drove to the campus store, stopped to get a notebook, pencils and toiletries. I walked into the store and picked up the items. Walked to the counter, right as I got there and the cashier ask will that be all sir… I realized my arms were still blue and red I thought to myself damn how I could forget about that. Then the questions came.

"That’s a cool tat you have there man looks like its really moving."

"Ya I know right."

"How much was that color tats cost a lot on my salary i couldn't afford one like that"

"Um I got it for free I know a guy that does stuff like this and friends and family get free ink."

"Nice can I get his number"

"No he isn't able to do tats right now"

"Why not"

"He got sick and is in the hospital actually I’m on my way to go see him so if you would just let me be on my way I can tell him you say hi."

"Thanks man."

He checked out my last item and I picked the stuff up and left. I thought to myself that was a close one I’ll have to be more careful from here on out. I didn't like having a shield so I took off my watch and the watch it turned into the shield. I held it in my hand closed my eyes and thought watch and I heard a clunk when I opened my eyes I was holding a watch in my hand. I put it in my pocket.



© 2013 levi marken


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on December 18, 2013


Author

levi marken
levi marken

MN



Writing
smith smith

A Story by levi marken


jason jason

A Book by levi marken