This Is The Rollorcoaster Ride of my Crazy, Strange, Rebellious and Totally Clichéd Life

This Is The Rollorcoaster Ride of my Crazy, Strange, Rebellious and Totally Clichéd Life

A Chapter by Faith Mairi
"

Living with two me-hating parents and a maggot for a little brother, its no surprise they drive me insane, thankfully I have a group of awesome freaky friends who have an act for crazy life styles.

"

"Billy Jane Black, get your a*s down these stairs right now!"


You know there is nothing like waking up in the morning by the sound of your darling father screaming at the top of his lungs. Yep, that was just a little bit of sarcasm right there, because when my dad calls me down to breakfast it has something to do with my brother, and if it has something to do with my brother my morning would most likely be hell.


Cursing every name under the sun I grabbed my school bag and thudded down the stairs and headed into the open space kitchen, where my delightful family were sitting stuffing their faces with their morning rations.


"Mornin' all," I said with a great big fat fake smile on my face as I headed to the fridge to raid its contents.


"Sit down at the table Billy and eat some cereal, like a normal person," my mum said, her voice already dripping with annoyance and it wasn't even half eight.


I rolled my eyes and grabbed the orange juice with no bits, man do I hate that crap, and sat down at the table like the good little fifteen year old I was.

Unfortunately my mother didn't think so when I began to drink directly from the carton.


"Where are your manners?" she demanded eyeing the cardboard as if it was about to explode into flames any second.


They're having the morning off and are going to kick in before dinner.


I shrugged and reached for a bowl, filling it with Honey Nut cereal. My favourite. Before I reached for the milk my younger brother snatched the carton and poured the remaining contents onto his remaining, already soggy Shreddies. His eyes moved up to look me in the face and a smile spread across his lips, the little ejit. Glaring at him with all my woman power I sent him a hard kick on the shin under the concealing table, his reply was a hiss of pain. Victory shall be mine little brother! My dad narrowed his eyes in my direction somehow magically knowing what I had done.


"It's your own fault there's no milk left over, you were late getting down here and you didn't pick any up at the shop yesterday like we told you to," he said taking a sip of his tea. Bitter, like his heart.


I ignored him as I dumped the bowl by the sink and took a banana instead; it was a healthier choice and didn't need anything like milk or juice to be able to eat it.


"Are you still giving me and David a ride to school?" I asked my mum, peeling away the yellow coat.


She shook her head, "You'll just have to get the bus today."


I glanced at the clock, "That would have been useful information half an hour ago."


"Keep a civil tongue in your head," she warned me, her freakish yellow-green eyes glaring straight into my own eyes.


If looks could kill.


"Mum, our school bus was ten minutes ago. We've missed it," because you couldn't be bothered to tell us the change of plan earlier, I add in my head.


"Well, you're both just going to have to walk," she answered getting up from her seat and brushed past me to put her bowl and mug in the dish washer.


Dad cleared his throat, "I can give David a lift, honey. I go right by his school when I go to work."


Mum nodded her head approvingly and left the kitchen, leaving her daunting bitching dust in her wake. I turned to face dad, my face placed with the expression of shock and annoyance. David caught my eye and gave me another smug grin, I glowered at him. The brat was in his final year of primary school, I raised an eyebrow at him, just you wait till you're in high school little brother, just you wait. I turned my attention back to dad.


"What about me? How am I supposed to get to school?"


He rose from his chair and copied mum's movements with the dish washer, "You heard your mother; you can walk," he looked at for a moment, "and tonight, we're going to talk about your behaviour young lady. To be honest, I don't like you much these days."


He left the room leaving me with my anger seething just below the point of bursting. Just another average morning in the Black family household.


The maggot laughed from his chair, "They always did love me best, Bill. Face it; in this family you're hated."


Where's a carving knife when you need it?


After brushing my teeth and slipping on my converse I stalked out of the house and dialled a super-used number.


"Hello?" the answering voice was deep and rough, as if he had just woken up.


"Colton, I need a lift. ASAP."


                                                          ...


"Jesus Billy, how could you wake me up at such an early time?" Colton Moore demanded grumpily as I slid into his Bentley.


I smiled my first genuine smile of the morning and patted his arm in sympathy, "Sorry old chap, didn't realise you old folk had to lie in so late."


He swatted his arm at me for the teasing, "Shut up demon girl, it's your fault I'm so darn grumpy."


I laughed and grabbed his Ipod from the dashboard, "Well, let's see if we can cheer you up with some music."


I settled on Asking Alexandria and watched in amusement as he slowly came out of his sleepy haze and began nodding in time with the beat. Colton was eighteen years old and had already finished school. Despite our age difference we were quite close, maybe because we both thought his little sibling, Niall �"another one of my close friends, was a little replica of his badass brother and had the worst music taste in the history of teenagers. I had also known him for quite a few years, so we had a little history as well ... let's just say I knew him good enough for him to get his lazy a*s out of bed to drive me to school. We pulled into the lot and he parked near the front entrance.


"Alright, here we are; the gate ways to Hell," he said with a flourish of his hand, smirking as he didn't have to return to this place ever again.


I rolled my eyes and got out his car, "Thanks for the lift Colt."


"No problem, little chum," I smiled before slamming the door shut, before I turned away the window rolled down, "By the way, when you see my little brother tell him to give me back my Bring Me The Horizon concert t-shirt. If he refuses, tell him I'm home 24/7 and a lot of his things can go missing in that time."


I laughed and saluted him before heading inside the building, just as the bell rang.


I headed to first period and dropped down in my usual seat by the back of the class, not a second later my best friend Rusty slid into the chair beside me.


"Mornin' rainbow trout," she smiled tugging at my streaked hair.


I brushed her hand away and stuck my tongue out at her. I know, classy. My dyed blond hair had a various colour choice running through it; black, red, blue, purple and green, hence the nickname Rainbow Trout.


"Not everyone can have wild, crazy, curly red hair like you Rusty," I told her as I placed my maths textbook onto the table, followed shortly by my homework jotter.


"Oh s**t," she breathed as she eyed my blue jotter wearily, "we didn't have homework for today did we?"


I looked at her seriously, "Yeah, remember we were given it on Friday and had to hand it in today?"


I watched how a dozen expressions passed over her face, alarm and horror being two of them. Considering our maths teacher I thought she had the right to freak out at a piece of forgotten homework, Miss Terry had an evil, unforgiving soul. Not to mention mean little piggy eyes, the woman was in her late forties and she still wasn't married, that had to say something.


The more I looked at my best friend's face the more I could feel my smile cracking through my serious expression. As her face began to change to a rosy red my laughter burst out in golden sunshine.


"Relax, Rusty. I was just kidding. This," I raised my jotter, "is my homework for last week, remember I didn't hand it in?"


"Well thankfully you have it with you today Miss Black."


I looked up and was instantly engaged into a full blown glare from my teacher. Giving her a weak smile I meekly passed her my homework and watched her sway herself to the front of the classroom with a grimace on my face.


"What a b***h," I muttered.


"She's not the only one," Rusty whispered back.


Well, that's rude.


She grinned evilly at me �" a sign that she wasn't being serious. I rolled my eyes and nudged her with my elbow. Cheeky bissim.


When the bell finally rang I was immediately out the door and on my way to geography, leaving the class in my dust. As I rounded the corner into the geography/history corridor someone put their arm around my neck. I looked up and smiled at Niall.


"Hey bad a*s, how was first period?"


He shrugged and smiled down at me, "It was alright I guess, everyone knows maths isn't my strong point."


I nodded my head in agreement, he was worse than me and that was saying something.


"You got history now?" I asked as he walked me to my class door.


"Yep, what fun we're going to have in that lesson," he said shaking his head, causing his dark brown hair swish across his forehead, "I'll see you later my little brawler," he let me go and continued down the hall.


"Oh by the way, Niall," he turned to look at me, his brown-black eyes locking onto mine, "I've got a message from your God, he wants his BMTH top back."


He grinned and shook his head again, "No chance mate."


I shrugged, "Well, he said that he's home pretty much all the time while you're at school, and a lot of your things can go missing in that time."


Niall's face paled at the thought of all his possessions being sold on e-bay, "That's not fair!" he whined, "the only reason I took that top was because I had to deal with another one of his one-night stands, and that one was a real b***h. Had it in her head that I was 'trying to break her and her true love apart'," he snorted, "as if! You, he and I all know I hate dealing with his throw offs, I deserved that t-shirt and I'm going to keep it."


I smiled at him, "Suit yourself Miss Prissy, I'll just text Colton and I'm sure by the time you get home all that junk under your bed will be gone," I turned to make my way into the classroom and heard him shout, "Fine then! He can f*****g have it back! Just tell him to leave my s**t alone!"


"Mr Moore, I do not want to hear that language..."


I laughed as my dear friend was forced to endure a behaviour lecture from his history teacher, and headed to my seat beside a couple of guys I knew from some other lessons.


"Hey guys," I smiled, stuffing my bag under the table after retrieving a pen.

Oliver Turner inclined his head in acknowledgement, his eyes not straying from his desk, while Samuel Reed was a little more sociable as he smiled at me and answered with a "Morning Billy."


"Did you guys do the homework?" I asked opening my red jotter to a clean page.


Almost instantly I heard Oliver sigh and he slid his book beside mine, "You can copy mine."


I flashed him a relieved smile, "Thanks Turner, you're a life saver."


Samuel laughed, "Same thing every Monday."


I ignored him and quickly scribbled down the answers, re-worded and in shorter sentences, before I could be caught. I would have done the homework myself but last night my parents had taken me and David out for dinner, and when I say me and David I really mean David, and me having to tag along. I guess I could've done it earlier but I just couldn't be bothered, I guess that says a lot about me. I'm a lazy a*s who should work hard in life to achieve my dreams, according to my mum that sounds just about right.


The lesson passed by quickly and I handed my completed copied work in with a smile. Life was sunnier when you had people willing to help you; whether it was copying their work or giving you a lift at early times in the morning. During break I crossed the lunch hall and headed to my usual seat which was already occupied by two other people.


"Hello my fellow freaks of nature," I dumped my bag onto the table and slid into one of the free seats.


My other best friend, Lea, smiled, her lush green eyes twinkling, "Nice to see you too Bill, you look chipper?"


"Monday's a good day!" I answered in defence.


Across from us Demetri began coughing; he dropped his apple onto the table and held his hand over his mouth as his face turned red. Concerned Lea leaned over and started thumping him on the back,


"You alright Dem?" she asked as he continued his coughing fest.


He held one finger up to tell her to give him a second and slowly managed to control his breathing. With his face still red he looked over at me, "How can you think Monday is a good day?!"


Lea and I exchanged glances before she hit over the back of his head, "You idiot! That's what you were choking about?"


He shrugged meekly and rubbed the back of his head, messifying his mousey brown hair, "Maybe, but you really shouldn't hit people Lea you'll be marked as a violent person and no one will come near you."


She frowned at the thought, "I already am labelled as a violent person, but you guys and the others still stick around."


I nodded, "Yeah, because we're all afraid you'll strangle us in our sleep if we demolish our friendship ties with you."


Lea narrowed her green eyes at me and raised a threatening hand, before slamming it onto the table, "You two are so mean! Maybe I should go make some new friends."


"Oh yeah, that sounds like a great idea, that way we won't have to bother about you anymore," Jackson Renwich �"another one of our group, sat down beside her with a cheeky grin.


My best friend sent him one of her killer looks, but he just laughed it off and put his arm around the back of her chair. I could tell she was calculating a plan of how to make his arm go away, and was probably only coming up with painful scenarios.


"Well, don't you all look like a happy bunch," Rusty said sliding into her seat on the other side of me.


I pointed at the frenemies with my thumb, "It's their negative energy that's giving us all a black aura."


"I'll have you know," Jackson said leaning forwards over the table, "but out of me and Lea, I just happen to be the positive energy while she has the entire negativeness."


I raised an eyebrow.


Rusty shrugged, "Well you know what they say; opposites attract."


She was immediately zoomed in on with two annoyed glares. I snorted a laugh at her words as they were sort of true. Jackson and Lea had a rocky relationship; one second they would be fighting like cats and dogs and the next planning how to gatecrash the next senior party together. Overall there is one word to describe the two of them; confusing.


"Aw, look the entire gang is here," Niall took a swig from his water bottle as he loomed over our table.


Rusty grabbed his shirt and pulled him into the seat next to her.


"Whoa, calm down there Williams. I know you have a crush on me but there are boundaries," he drew a circle in front of him with his finger, "you see this open air; that's my personal space, other people should not enter into the bubble."


"Unless you invite them," Demetri said as Rusty flicked Niall on his bare arm.


"We should all just chip in and buy you a fish bowl that you can put over your head, that way you won't have to worry about your little area of breathing space," Lea suggested as she took her purse out her bag.


Niall narrowed his eyes at her, "Yeah I wouldn't have to worry, because there would be no breathing space."


She smiled and stood up, "Exactly, you'd be dead ... maybe. Anyone coming to the line?"


I shook my head and watched her head to the tuck shop with Jackson, Demetri and Rusty trailing behind her.


"A fish bowl," Niall scoffed, "That girl is crazy, she should be put into a mental home," he turned his attention to me, "So have you talked to my b*****d of a brother yet, or am I going to go home to an empty bedroom."


I took my mobile out my pocket and quickly typed in the message before pressing send.


"There we go you big baby," I placed the phone onto the table, "he will be receiving the news in a couple of minutes."


Niall smiled in relief and took a bite of his blueberry muffin. The buzzing of my phone took my attention and I opened the new text. I felt my eyes widen at the message before casually setting the device back onto the table.


"Niall, how much did you like your music system with all surround speakers?"



© 2017 Faith Mairi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: teenagers, friendships, swearing, school, music, milkshakes


Author

Faith Mairi
Faith Mairi

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
I am currently a full-time college student doing a course in Creative Industries: Professional Writing. I have always had a passion for reading, and writing sort of came hand in hand with that. more..

Writing