believe

believe

A Poem by Fayte
"

inspired by the three most inspirational people in my life. If anyones wondering, thats elissa, my boyfriend, & mother :P

"
I believe in magic;
               in wind blowing through smoke,
in grass growing around concrete,
                     in trees growing from garbage,
& life springing out of decay.

I believe in small miracles,         in phoenixs & pixies
                                 
                                         in laying in the grass untill
                                        the sun comes up again
                                 & counting stars all night


in swimming
       in a lake,  at night
till we cant feel our fingertips


I believe in talking to someone new everyday,
     
                                                    in coloringdismal building
                                                             with cheerful words
               & standing up for the silent

           i believe we have to save ourselves,
yet you have & continue to help me


I believe in rocking the line between
                                 loneliness  & independence
& finding beauty in the breakdown
    
                I believe in feeling hail, sunburn, & wind.

I believe that roses have their thorns,
                                      & that's what makes them beautiful.
 
                                 
I believe that time waits for no man,
& no matter your circumstances,
           the world keeps turning.


                  

© 2010 Fayte


Author's Note

Fayte
i was trying to explain that i believe emotions are extremely important. you cant live until you die, & you'd never apreciate happiness unles you wee sad before.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

great stuff. all very positive. like that. wld change the cliche 'time waits for no name'. but I love it when a writer nails down a feel-good surge. cos I am positive at heart and I know a lot of people think life is crap for this and that reason. but we have to see them off! glass full of good cheer!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I believe...you

Posted 14 Years Ago


Poem is very good. A lot of good wisdom in your words. We can't wait for opportunities. We must grasp them and go forward. A outstanding poem. So many powerful and good statements.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good poem. Good message and a good conveying of said message. I didn't really care for the structure but that's your call and it did fit the airy belief in the mystical. Rather overdone and reproduced theme but the words you used were nicely arranged. Although some lines like "I believe that time waits for no man" are unoriginal.

Nice work though

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Straightforward, yet lots of deep ideas here. I dig the opposites device you used too: "I believe in rocking the line between/loneliness & independence." You covered a lot of ground here! Nice write with a smooth flow. One of the better poems that I read lately.

Patrick

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this sounds like some dialogue you would hear at the end of a movie, with the words dubbed in and the main character looking out the window at the end of summer or something.
The last bit has been done a million times over, I know you could find a new way to say it.
But other than that I really love it :) held my attention all the way through.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is heartfelt, beautiful, wise... and yet simple enough for anyone to understand. Those elements make for a phenomenal write.

"I believe in feeling hail, sunburn, and wind"... this is my favorite line, as its original and well-placed.

Gorgeous piece. Thank you very much for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

simply well put. i love it and i like the way you set this up. well done!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The details in this poem are splendid. I could picture the rose with it's thorn and the sentiment behind it reminded me of myself for I see myself as beautiful but flawed. I also see myself as gentle but hard to get to know the true inner me. This poem reminds me that life does keep on going and that we should take chances and live for life is short. The flow of this poem is easy to read and I love the unique layout which didn't distract from the content but added to it. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe hunny, this is amazing!
I think through our friendship we have both learnt so much and grown as people.
"I believe in talking to someone new everyday,

in coloring a dismal building
with cheerful words
& standing up for the silent"

Oh geezus; you're beautiful :) &I really LOVE this.
Adding it to my favorites

-Elissa :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 23, 2010

Author

Fayte
Fayte

belleville, Canada



About
17, short, & clumsy. everyday is a battle. i stay positive :) more..

Writing
Sudden Death Sudden Death

A Poem by Fayte



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan