Lost in Thought

Lost in Thought

A Chapter by wirte4me

All day the next day I couldn’t focus on a single thing. I kept thinking about the fight, if you’d call it that, I had yesterday with Kylie. It was killing me. She hadn’t said one word to me all day and we had all the same classes together. I couldn’t even make eye contact with her because she would stare me down. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I was afraid that she would blow up on me again.

I was sitting by myself at lunch deep in thought about what happened, when I realized someone was standing over me. I turned in my chair slowly and found myself looking up at an attractive boy, who looked like he was a junior

“Are you okay?” he asked, seeming genuinely concerned. “I mean, you look kind of lonely. Can I sit with you?” His eyes a pretty hazel color and his skin was very tan. He looked as if he were a soccer player.

“Yeah, sure. If you don’t mind me being extremely quiet,” I said in a small voice. I looked down at my hands and twiddled my thumbs, a usual habit. When I looked up again he was gone. Way to scare him away, Lena, I thought to myself. As I sulked back into my seat, the seat next to me was being pulled back. I looked back up to see three guys setting themselves down at the table I was at. The guy I had just talked to spoke up first.

“I’m Ty. This is Peter and Dustin,” said the guy named Ty.

“Hey, what’s up cutie?” said Peter.

“Hi, the name’s Dustin. But you can call me anything you want,” said Dustin winking.

I saw Ty elbow Dustin. And I saw Peter looking right at me, so I decided to speak up. ”I’m Lena. I’m usually not this quiet. Just a letting you know. If you don’t want to sit with me, I totally understand,” I said hoping and praying that they wouldn’t leave. To my surprise they just sat there and laughed.

            “We aren’t going anywhere, Lena. We came over here to sit with you, not to leave you. And we don’t mind if you’re quiet, we will find a way to get you to talk,” said Peter, with a sweet smile on his face. “We are too nice to leave someone in need of a friend.”

Peter was cute. He had ear length brown hair and it seemed to curl on the ends. HE was wearing a striped polo shirt and it showed off his arm muscles really well. While Ty and Dustin were talking, I snuck a glance in Peter’s direction. He was also looking at me. I smiled and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. He smiled back and I could see his shoulders rise and fall a little as he chuckled. The bell then rang and knocked me back to reality.

            “Hey, Lena…you want to come with me to my locker? I’m leaving. You can come with if you want. It’s just gonna be me. I’m just going to the park,” said Peter. I nodded and we walked to his locker. As we walked through the hallway together, he stood very close to me. I felt like a puppy walking beside him. People kept looking at me funny and when we passed his friends they would high-five him and pat me on the head. When we stopped at his locker his friend, Carlo, looked at me and then whispered something in his ear. I saw Peter nod and Carlo nod back. As Carlo walked away, he mouthed over his shoulder what looked like good luck. We walked out the front lobby and got a gust of freezing air in our faces. I started shivering instantly.

            “Where’s your car?” I asked when I noticed that we weren’t headed towards the parking lot.

            “It’s at the shop. I got a ride today. Anyways, this is good exercise,” he said chuckling. Then he turned and looked at me. “Are you cold, because you’re shivering,” he said. He didn’t wait for an answer. He removed his backpack and took out a big black sweatshirt. He took off the one he was wearing and handed it to me. The he put on the black one. The one he handed me was green and really warm. It had fur on the inside and in the hood. I was so cold that I zipped it all the way to my chin.

          “Thanks,” I said. “It’s really warm.” I smiled at him and we continued to walk. He asked me a bunch of questions about myself. Basically he wanted to know everything. And I wasn’t afraid to tell him. For some strange reason I trusted him and I felt a sweet connection between the both of us. While we walked along talking, my hands began to freeze, so I decided to put them in the pockets. As I lifted my left hand he slowly interlocked his fingers in mine. A rush went right through me. His hands were so warm and his fingers fit between mine perfectly. It was like a dream.


© 2010 wirte4me


Author's Note

wirte4me
This so all I really have..what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on October 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 3, 2010


Author

wirte4me
wirte4me

Writing
-_- -_-

A Story by wirte4me


>_< >_<

A Story by wirte4me