Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tess

“Take me away from time and season

Far, far away we’ll sing with reason

Prepare our throne of stars above me

As the world once known will leave me

Take me away upon a plateau

Far, far away from fears and shadow

Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow

Light the way to bright tomorrows.” ~Take me away: Globus
















Prologue

October 17, 1320

7:35pm


His legs and arms were coated in blood. It was pitched dark. His torch already burned out and the cold was already coming to him. The only light he had was the moon, but it was already hard to see with the fog rising. A small glow began to appear from the distance and he started to run and found a gem. It was shaped as an egg and It was coated with rubies. He took out a paper with twenty-four gems printed on it. He scanned it and found the replica. He smiled and opened up his sack and dropped it in. SNAP. The boy jumped. He turned around. Snap, snap, snap. His started to panic.

“No.” He groaned.

He started to sprint, jumping over uprooted branches.

He was almost there, he could feel it in his bones, Just a little farther. His foot got caught in a root and he tripped over it. He bit his tongue to keep him from screaming. He got up and fear crept through his spine as he thought of what would happen if he caught up with him. Laughter and branches were snapping. A voice echoed through the forest.

“You thought you get away so easily, you foolish boy?” The voice was tempting. The voice was now laughing.

The boy ran farther. He collapsed and a stone circle with designs and all around it. Limping and dragging his leg; one by one he took out the gems and placed them on the designs that matched them. He could feel the cold blood dripping down his face and the fog and mist seemed like it was laughing and mocking the boy. Tempting him to stop, making his pain and agony grow worse, wanting him to die.

The mist faded and the fog went away from him, forming a shape into a man. The man was visible now. He was wearing a long black robe. He had long black hair into three braids. His skin color was brown and his eyes. His eyes were the worst. Cold and dark and filled with hatred. He smiled and walked towards the boy.

“Foolish child. You should’ve stayed home when you had the chance. You and your friends are dead.” The man’s voice was deep and strong.

“You’ll be soon,” The boy said with confidence. “The gems are already in place.” The boy smirked. He growled and grabbed the child's shirt and lifted him up to his eye level. He winced.

“You stupid boy, what’s your name?” The man demanded

“If I’m stupid then how can I tell you my name?”  The man threw him to the ground.

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME!”

“J-Jonathan. And yours.” He blurted out.

The man smiled and raised his hand black mist started to form around Jonathan.

“Oh Jonathan you'll find that out soon enough, now time to send you to a place where you will never see the place you call home again."



2004 October 17: 4:00PM

Jonathan suddenly woke up in a forest still wounded. This forest looked different than the one he was in. Before he was transported he was in another land that was not England.  As he limped out of the forest he heard someone scream. Immediately he turned to the right and saw a group of kids, young children yelling at each other.

“Turn around and stop following us!” Screamed a boy. He was wearing  plaid shirt; his hair was in a brown ponytail. His backpack was black. The other girl who was behind him and was and wore a red plaid dress. Her backpack back was pink but covered in key chains. She was holding a blue Game boy and looking at the screen and looking back up. The two other girls wear wearing the exact same red plaid dress. One of the girls was blonde and the other a ginger both wearing the same purple backpack with a busy leafy vine design in a darker purple.

“Why can’t we walk with you?” A boy said. This one had neat brown hair and was wearing a Super Mario shirt. And a super Mario backpack.

“‘Cause you are a boy.” Snapped the blond girl.

“So!”

“Boys are stupid and gross!” Shouted the ginger girl.

“But he is a boy and he is walking with you!”

“What grade are you in.” Sneered the boy in the plaid shirt.

“Kindergarten and you?”

“Second grade and these three are in kindergarten as well.”

“What’s your guys’ name?”

There was a long pause.

“I’m Jordan,” The blond girl said. “And that Kasey.” She said pointing to the ginger girl.

“Lucas.” The blue dress girl said.

“And I’m Tess.” She said quickly looking at the screen.

“Noah.” The boy with the star wars shirt said.

“And I’m William.”

They all looked at each other for a moment, like they had seen each other before. Then Jordan screamed. The children turned around and Jonathan came limping out of the forest. Lucas pulled Tess behind him and Tess grabbed his backpack and peeked behind. The two other girls stepped back. Lucas looks behind him and his dad came walking out of the houses in the neighborhood behind them. His dad ran to the boy and looked at the children.

“What happened?” He asked looking at Jonathan and back to his son.

“I dunno.” He replied.

“Kids car now.” He said and helped Jonathan into the car. Samuel Luca’s father called the children's parents telling them what happened. He looked at the two other boys and told them to hurry get in the car and he’ll call their parents.

“What happened,” She asked no reply

“Did you get in a fight, is dat why ya have bruises?”

“Tess leave him alone and play your gameboy.” Lucas scolded.

“Sorry.”

Luckily the hospital wasn't all too far away and they got their in less than three minutes. He helped Jonathan out but he fell down to the ground. Two nurses saw Jonathan fall and ran to help and brought him inside. The children ran in along with Samuel and Jonathan was put in a wheelchair. As their backs were turned he pulled out a green circular disk and pressed a button and aimed it at the children. All five of them had a light green aurora besides Lucas who had a light yellow aurora. The green meant they were the new gem bearers and the gems had been reborn into these children, that's what the green meant, but yellow. He didn't know for he was the only one with the yellow aurora. Lucas, well his role will be an important one, after all he is best friends with a gem bearer.


© 2015 Tess


Author's Note

Tess
Thank you for reading this. Please tell me what you think of my story and what I should fix

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015


Author

Tess
Tess

IN



About
I'm 17 years old. I love writing, drawing and working with special needs. I write mainly science fantasy and fanfiction on Archive of our own. I hope one day I become an author and a life skills teach.. more..

Writing
Stubborn Love Stubborn Love

A Story by Tess


Chapter 1 Visions Chapter 1 Visions

A Chapter by Tess


Take Me Away Take Me Away

A Book by Tess