Chapter 1 Visions

Chapter 1 Visions

A Chapter by Tess

“I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed.” ~Paulo Coelho

Chapter 1

Visions

Luca’s POV

I pulled in front of Tess’s house and honked my car horn.

“Tess come on sis!” I shouted. Tess ran out and shut the door behind her and opened the passenger door.

“Hey bro.” She said as she gave me hug. We are not related but we are very close friends.

“Next time please wait outside for me.” I said as I pulled out of the driveway.

“Fine I will.” She smiled.

“And how many times have I heard that?”

Tess shook her head and looked behind her at Delaney and smiled.

“Have you seen…..” I focused on the road ahead of me and turned on my brights. It was still dark outside and I couldn't wait till daylight savings. I hate driving in the dark, but driving in the snow is what I hate more. I’m studying abroad in three days. I’m going to England and study there and I won't come back until May. Tess is dreadfully upset but is happy for me. Her mother had been helping me plan my trip, since she is an Anglophile. (Obsessed with all things British.) she told be about the tubes and restaurants and places to see and culture. I promised Tess and Delaney that I will by them something from that Doctor who show. I don't see what is so fantastic about it. When I got to their school I parked in the parking lot and unlocked the car.

“See ya and Tess don't forget ya lunch again! I won't be comin back so ya best remember it!”

“I will!”

“Thank you!” Said Delaney.

“Love ya brother!”

“Ya welcome Delaney and love ya too sis!” I watched them walk inside and began to pull out of the parking lot. I heard a knock on the window and jumped and pressed the breaks. A man with brown messy hair waved at me. I rolled down my window by using the crank. I looked at the man with a peculiar look.

“May I help you?” I asked. He took out a green circular disk and aimed it at me and frowned.

“Huh yellow, not green.”

“Um…” I slowly reached my left hand to the glove box ready to grab the pepper spray.

“Do you know what yellow means?” He asked, he was British.

“Um no...do you?” I grabbed the latched and slowly pushed it in.

“No I don't, um what's your preferred pronouns?”

“He.”

“Thought so just wanted to be sure. Okay you go now sir.” He walked away and I focus my attention on the glove box and shut it closed. I looked ahead and he was gone. I looked around and pulled out and speed out of the parking lot. I shook my head and went to my school. I drove down the street and pulled into the high school. As I stepped out I was in a hospital. I looked around and saw a woman with cuts and bruises on her sobbing holding something in her hand. She wore a black suit and her hair was light brown. She looked up and then down to her hand and ran out of the room. I realized that there was someone in the bed. A sheet was over them. I walked closer and reached my hand to the sheet and I was sitting in the car. I shook my head and walked to the school trying to comprehend what happened. A strange man put something in front of me and I saw a vision of a woman crying. I remembered my friend Evelyn talking about a book called The twenty-six gems. Luckily school hasn't started yet so I went to the school library. She talked about gems given to twenty-six children, gems of extraordinary power and the omens that go with it when the gems are ready. I looked at the books and saw the one I was looking for. I sat down on one of the leather chairs and started to read it. Yellow aurora is a mystery, weird the man said I had one, gems have powers such as clairvoyance. I shut the book and put it back. Non-fiction?  I put it in fantasy.








SLT.

Kasey’s POV

Tess, Nathan, Daniel, Hope and Matthew were here today. They don't come to SLT, which is student learning time. We ask them where they go and they say another study hall. If we ask them where the go they will keep silent. There is only two people  in SLT who knows where they usually go to, the Librarian and Delaney. They will not tell us where they go for SLT. The librarian said we don't need to know and Delaney is under an oath. I sat down next to them and they quickly looked at me.  They exchanged quick confused looks at each other and looked back at me.

“Hello,” I smiled warmly.

“Um… Hi.” Hope said Shyly.

“Do you have Mrs. Westfall for American History?” I asked trying to make a small conversation.

“Um…” She looked at the others and Tess gave a small nod of her head.

“Do you know what the homework is today?”

“It’s um page 237, it is just reading.” She looked back down at her work. I pulle dout my book and turned to the page and started to read. So much for a good conversation. The passage was about World War I, from America’s point of view. Which was weird because we were barely involved in it for a long time. The five children knew sign or a Elvish. They would talk to each other in Elvish and write little notes to each other. I couldn't help but wonder why they would never tell us where they go for SLT. Why some will come and sometimes they wouldn't be here for weeks. Tess’s phone buzzed and looked at it and showed it to the others.

“Delaney!” Tess called out. Delaney walked towards her and Tess gave her the phone and Delaney looked confused if that is the right word. She looked at me and said “Did you notice a man with messy brown hair walking around?”

“Uh no. Why?”

“Cause Lucas, Tess’s and I friend said he walked up to his car and aimed a circular disk at him.

“I didn't scare him now did I?” Matthew jumped and we all stopped what we were doing and looked at this man standing behind Mathew. I looked around but no one was in the library besides us and that guy.

   Jared’s POV

This man looked like he tried too hard to look formal but failed miserably.

I mean look at him! He was wearing a nice white shirt and loosely tied tie. He was wearing a brown jacket that looked very dirty and flare blue jeans; and his hair. His hair was very messy.

 “My name is Jonathan and you must be around 13 14 ish.” He said awkwardly.  We all nodded our head slowly.

“Please don’t be afraid,” He had a British accent. He pulled out a piece of paper and shook it and pulled out some thick red glasses and put them on.”
“You guys must be Noah, Emilia, Tyler, Celeste, Kasey Jordan, Teresa, Lily, Jared, Feleece, Mae, Daphne, Vi, Daniel, Nathan, Mathew, Hope, Michael, Lucy, Ale, Heidi, Delaney, Stephen, Zoe, Tess, and William. Now if I mispronounced your name or didn’t say your name please tell me.

“Who the hell are you?” Lucy demanded.

“Jonathan.  And I hold on a sec stay still please,” he took out a green circular disk and aimed it at us and smiled.

“Green! Yes!”

He pushed everything off the table and laid down an ancient  brown paper with egg shale gems.

“Hey that's my stuff you pushed off!” Mathew said.

“Aw boo hoo you can live!” Jonathan said annoyed.

“What are those?” Tess asked.

“Gems I’m am trying to find...again.” He answered.

“Is thing from the 1200’s?” Teresa asked.

“1300’s to be exact.” Jonathan corrected.

  “So what do the gems say?” Vi asked.

“They have to do with your personality. This one is Wisdom, courage, strength, compassion, optimistic, loyalty, trustworthy, adventurous, risk taker, energetic, determined, generous, reliable, gentle, hard-working, creative, patient, self-confident, helpful, fearless, independent, neat, resourceful, understandable, willing, warm hearted.”

“Why does this sound like it was taken from a little girl's show?” I said kind of rudely.  Everyone started to giggle until Jonathan shot us with a glare.

“Its some kinda of joke.” Vi said. Jonathan sighed and held out his hand. A light started to shine from it. A blue little orb started to hover above it.


I stared at the orb in Jonathan’s hand. It looked to real to be true. It Look solid but then it starts morph a little. Jonathan’s fingers started to move a little and orb started to change shapes.

“How do we know that’s not fake?” Mae blurted out.

“Oh my gosh you guys are impossible. If you don’t believe me then just stick your hand in it.” He snapped.

Noah got up and walked up towards the orb. He smiled and lift his hand up. His hand looked like it was shaking a little as it reached towards the orb. Noah stuck my hand inside it and yelped.

“Freaking, damn!!” He shook his hand.

“See what did I tell you?” Jonathan scolded. Noah looked like he was about to say something. He opened his mouth,

“What?” Jonathan said. Noah shut his mouth.

“Thought so, well let's get straight to business you twenty-six children are the reincarnation of twenty other six children from the 1300s.” Tyler shot a confused look at Jonathan. Amelia who was drinking her drink choked on it. She put her hand to her mouth and looked at her brother Noah. Tess started to get up but Jonathan snapped his fingers and Tess sat down. She tried to get up but couldn't.

“Stay,” he demanded.

“I’ll tell you more tomorrow at SLT.” At that Tess, Matthew, Nathan, Hope and Daniel exchanged trouble looks. Jonathan looked at them with a sad expression.

“Tess, Mathew, Nathan, Hope and Daniel, listen to me please. Never be ashamed of who you are. Do not hide what you are, show others who you really are and if you need people to help you get on your feet don't hide it. There is nothing to be ashamed of that.” Jonathan snapped his fingers and smiled at the children who looked at him in awe. Tess rubbed her eyes and Matthew looked around confused.

“We are in resource.” Daniel said.

“Okay I can come tomorrow during your resource period and talk to you first, then I will go here. Any questions? Ah yes William what is it?”

“Do our parents know about this or are we not supposed to tell anyone about this?”

“They knew for a long time, but they were told not to tell anyone for safety reason by my friends and you are not allowed to tell anyone else about this at all. No go back to whatever you were doing I will  see you all tomorrow.” He gathered his stuff and walked out of the library.


© 2015 Tess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 30, 2015


Author

Tess
Tess

IN



About
I'm 17 years old. I love writing, drawing and working with special needs. I write mainly science fantasy and fanfiction on Archive of our own. I hope one day I become an author and a life skills teach.. more..

Writing
Stubborn Love Stubborn Love

A Story by Tess


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tess


Take Me Away Take Me Away

A Book by Tess