last of the lost

last of the lost

A Chapter by fitz Roberts
"

A horror with an interesting twist of monster

"
The wind was like the temper of child. with a chill that split the spine .it snapped against the rocks causing the water to sway viciously.
slinging vile and water across the walls and the last remaining dry spots of the floor. now your asking yourself why would anyone be here ?in this dark cold s**t water covered place.
Obviously it was every girls dream house. Barbie would be jealous . It was because it was safe for now. BAAAANG rang through the tunnel echoing from the streets "GET HER" .
who ever it was shooting wasn't a marksman. there was two more shots sent. a thud was sent through out the ground .poor girls hair was hangin through the gutter.
Quiet as mouse while the vehicles went by causing dirt and dust to fall from the ceiling . her brother left her back drenched as the blood from his head dripped like a running tap. only 9 but a strong one he must. "enough of that " she muttered hoisting him
up .
just as the man hole opened ever slightly ."frag it just in case of rats" and less than a second a grenade rolled into sewer clanking off one of the stairs clanging off the rock wall only too land right into the muck with splat.......... ?


The tv s incandescent light lit the room. some ice cream blender amazing chopper for three easy payment infomercial kept the silence at bay. Lark and his wife Jessica slept.
another normal night long day of work. really knocked it out the ball park with quotas. Jessica still keeping the house in order . gossiping about that w***e down the street marla.kids awesome recital even if they were just a tree and cow great normal day.
Nothing's really ever truly great is it ?I mean there s always great times but great is only good food .that only last a little while .Lark shot out of bed cussing. "that alarms been constant damn twenty minutes "
then there was a crash against the front door followed by scream .Lark acted instantly darting to the closet pulling out good ole 12 gauge pump. "Jess wake up NOW" but she was already brushing past him to the girls rooms .
he heard the hallway cabinet open so he knew she had the beretta needless to say we're proud gun toting americans. Loading his pockets and putting the final round in the bottom chamber .Lark took off down the stairs crash came again From the door .Jessica already had the girls put in the closet.
they met at The door. another SMASH smacked a crack in the door. Lark and Jessica both looked are each other knowing each others thoughts .Jessica threw the door open and ducked .two men covered in blood screamed through it .Lark being charity PD took no chances as one lunged straight for him .
it's eyes dead and black with an animalistic look he took the shot BLAM. it took off both they're heads leaving a hole in the door and brain mesh everywhere. Jessica peeked from the bottom of the door "s**t lark was that necessary?"
Lark was already captivated with the outside .the york's house was aflame. theyre perfect yard ate up with tire marks .some one screaming as they tried to get away .running from a whole gang of whatever those things were .eventually they were dragging her. ripping her flesh from her. Like it was shirt already torn.
a car skidded around the corner. must of relized too late that the street was a dead end. slamming on breaks losing control. slidding into the ricksons yard ripping grass and flipping right into the rickson's gazebo.
sending deadly shards of frayed wood everywhere .Lark turned to Jessica the words "WE HAV "was all he got to say before he was sent flying back inside into a wall.........
The woods were noisy that day. animals scattering running as fast as the wind as the was blowing through there trees. Cindy and Jake didn't notice the difference.
they were to busy hands interlocked. eyes only on each other .Tom Jakes little brother trailed behind. only there for birth control his parents called it.Jake made him stay far behind though.
Tom didn't care he was more into what Cindy had put in the basket." we gotta becareful old man trip lives up the trail but were fine in the feild" Jake said pushing back a Branch . a field opened up before them.
.Cindy took the blanket to lay it across grass and dandelions.jake not even wanting separate from her .took the end of the blanket helping to lay it down and stretch it tight.Tom just plopped down and started going through the basket.
Jakes hand popped out smacking him in the head." s**t jake" a smack sounded again. "watch your mouth infront of Cindy." Cindy only giggled .Jake winked to Cindy and smiled .standing extending his hand to Cindy. saying "Tom watch the food go ahead and eat just save us some pig .we're going to look for some berries" Tom gave him a yeah right look but opened the basket with out a word. Jake and Cindy made they're way down to the lovers tree.
it was a lone tree that sat by itself in the feild. even they're parents probably lost they're virginity here. Her dress was gold and covered in white flowers. it flapped beautifully in the wind.they're lips touched and in moments they were on the ground .Jakes shirt off and his hand up here dress trying to figure out. what it exactly was is it that made it exactly work.
Cindy dug her nails into his back as he slid on top of her. JAAAKEEEE echoed from behind the tree .Jake dropping his head started pulling his pants back on when. JAAAAAKEEEEEE peirced the air again still no shirt Jake rounded the tree.
Tom was running like the wind was carrying him. fell his feet moving too fast to carry him. suddenly Jake knew why 3 people I guess you could say. we're right on top of Tom.
Jake instantly took off running yelling at Cindy to get up. though she didn't understand the urgency . .seeing a branch Jake scooped it up as he ran. Tom who had finally made it to his feet and was running towards jake .Jakes fear took over him as he finally seen the people.
it was something out of a horror movie .blood oozed from they're mouth and eyes. they're eyes were black as a moonless night .he reached Tom snatching him and pulling him . Running back to Cindy. who just twisted around running from the sight as well
.Jake and Tom caught her easily. jake took her hand. letting go of toms who was trying and pulling ahead of them both. Cindy was struggling to keep up.her flip flop ripped causing her skip .
with in that instant a monster b***h of whatever they were grabbed cindy's arm.just as they reached the tree lines .leaving puncture wounds in Cindy arm. the monsters hand was sharp bone and muscle .bone was gnarled sharp .decay had turned it into snubbed claw like points.
Jake turned being mvp short stop and top hitter at charity high school .swung for the parking lot with his branch .the girls neck snapped back making it hang to the side.the branch increasing the noise of the snap. it flew slowing one as it tripped on the debris .
Jake pulling on Cindy tore the flesh from her arm as it fell with monster b***h. she let out a blood curtling scream.Tom had tripped again .fear had taken hold of him.he couldn't move .Jake turned and the other two were right on top of him .
Cindys arm was throwing blood across the field like a sprinkler.jake closed his eyes no time. He pulled Cindy to him "why" was all he said. before this bearded man pushed him and Cindy down .
bear trap in hand he hurled it through the air .it clapping into one making him fall to the,, ground his arms pinned and crushed .old Man trip's rifle snapped up.
blowing a hole in the last ones nose caving his or hers whole face in. The one in the bear trap finally quit convulsing. The trap snapped closed holding only the chest in its maw .the head popping in the air slinging ooze in a swirl as the legs crumpled to the ground.
" GET UP LET'S MOVE" the old man said as a line of convulsing monsters appeared at the edge of the field.......
Lark coughed his lungs gaining a gasp of air.as he was pressed against the door way into the kitchen. his eyes fluttered open to teeth in his face.
he threw his body to the side. hands fighting off Mrs perkins though old and frail. she had the power it seemed to deadlift monster truck tire .she lunged for his throat.
before she could even get close. Jessica put one in the old lady's temple. Jessica kicked the door. slamming it crack! the door smacked another two .stopping them in their tracks.
theyre hands shot through the hole in the door claws viciously slashing the air. Lark ran for the girls. snatching his vest and jacket puttting them on . doing his best to be quick About it .hurdling up the stairs .
he grabbed The girls who were peeping in the hallway already .Jessica already behind him .hands that glistened with blood yellow puss shot in through a new crack in the door . Jessica fired one more round towards the door .connecting causing a hand to fall to the ground as the bullet ripped through it wrist .
Then it violently jerked and thrashed like a fish out of water. When she reached the top of the stairs the door finally cracked and gave way to three of their neighbors. All of them were matted with blood it .was the York boy the w***e from down the street and the mailman .
Lark grabed the girls Ushering them in his and Jessica room .hesitating his hand stuck to the door waiting for Jessica. jessica squeezed off one more round. she put one in the heart of the York boy . he dropped at the foot of the doorway.
Jessica slid through the bedroom door. Lark taking his que slamming the door . the w***e Marla was about to reach through causing it to push open a Little .before lark could lock it. Lark twisted the lock on the knob. as Jessica already behind him .she threw his desk chair propped against the knob.
The girls screaming seemed in unison with the two monsters outside their door . Reaching under the bed. he grabbed his guncase. pulling his belt on already loaded with excess magazines . tazer and pepper spray seemed pointless.
He removed the desert eagle from the gun case and slid it in to its holster. His wife already ready in the closet herself. she came out in her blue digis .her boots tied checking her m4 sliding a clip into place loading the chamber.
Leaning down she slid a knife into her belt and boot .Lark was opening the gun cabinet grabbing shells and cases of bullets. Jessica opened her throw bag and Lark grabbed the survival kit with rations and first aid.
They're stress locked into existence. lark crossed to jessica kissing her forehead. pressing his back to the side of the door cocking the 12 gauge back.sighed a breath readying himself. he put his hand on the knob.
they were only going out one way that was through the garage downstairs. Jessica now that the girl's were just whimpering at the flailing against the door .got down on her knees and said in a hushed calm voice. " now girls when we go out the door. stay behind daddy and in front of me do you under stand" she looked to Lark and he nodded.
saying "follow the leader real simple everyone ready" one more breath . Lark kicked out his chair and threw open the door. moving back from the wall .following the door open.gun already drawn to his shoulder
.the mail man was first in . crumpled his chest and neck flew out the door. carrying his face with it .Jessica burst three rounds into the w***e's chest. Two more filling her throat and a final one dead center of her forehead. which finally let her body hit the floor.
Lark seeing the hall was clear looked to Jessica. who smirked and shrugged " b***h had it coming " Lark shook his head and took point fileing into the hallway .moving down the stairs one burst through the door. was put down laying across the first two before he was a threat . Jessica and the girls were still behind him gazing at The hand still thrashing
. grasping the garage door he threw it open. Jessica pushed and hurried the girls in ..they all hurled themselves in the Yukon. Lark started the suv and hit the garage button from inside car. fire had reached the neighbors house and was beginning to burn the side of theirs. flames shot From up under the side of the garage door as it opened. before it was open half way open several of those creatures scrambled through the garage causing it to stop and start to close because the safety laser.......

Jake carried Cindy .Trip taking his bandanna from his back pocket .pulling his moonshine filled flask.from inside his Ratty.' filthy.brown leather trench coat.drenching his bandanna tighting it on her forearm quick as he could
.she whimoered slightly but her face was going pale. shock was setting in. Tom was running again .trips cabin was in sight "WATCH YOUR STEP " trip Hollered. Tom leaped just barely missing another bear trap
Jake was behind trip both unable to move fast .Jake carrying Cindy and trip being 52 .his knees been going bad since he was 36.still they reached the cabin .Tom was waiting by the door .trip pushed it open and slammed it shut.
Jake hobbled in with Cindy. There was a bar for the door. Lookin around the place really was inhabitable. The windows were already barred shut or Boarded up. trip was a mean crazy coger. smack came against the door .
Tom was huddled in a corner rocking back and forth.pointing to the bed trip said. "lay her there." filthy as it was the bed was kept and Jake laid her gently as if she would break.the wound on her forearm still gushing and the tips of her fingers were turning yellow.
SMACK came against the door causing Tom to yelp like a puppy. Trip sat down in his rocking chair. his rifle laid across his lap. He began rolling a cigarette. A metal snap sounded from outside. trip scoffed said "well that's one we don't have to worry about" Jake appeared by trip .he lite what definetly wasn't a cigarette .distraught Jake started to yell at the old man. when the butt end of trips rifle smacked him in the stomach .the air to left his lungs gasping "help her" was all he managed.
Medicinal cigarette hanging from his lip trip said " leave her be nothing we can do now. respect your elders yelling like a fool I'm trying to think if you don't mind "more bodys of those things smashed against the cabin. sending can goods flying from a shelf. dust from the ceiling scattered across all of them. He stood up coughing as he did
.reaching down and sliding his chair back. opening a loose floor board pulling out a magnum revolver. he handed it and a speed loader to jake.which Jake only guessed it loaded the gun.
Trip then Hobbling to Tom slapped him "damn it boy your grown quit crying" it seemed to bring him back reality a little. trip placed a small 38 snub in his hand with few rounds. Sitting back down he said "relaxe a bit they aint getting in here for a while that's a solid oak door and the cabin been standing 80 years since my grand daddy built it."
Jake sighed a bit as trip exhaled a cloud of smoke putting his "cigarette" out. Beating on the walls grew incessant. Jake turned to Cindy. her hands grew bulbous and yellowish red. was it an infection?
Than as if giant water balloon exploded .the tips of her fingers threw blood and puss across the cabin along the walls and bed. blood dripped from the ceiling .having shot from her eyes. busting her cornia taking the color from her eyes. leaving blood oozing from both her eyes and nose.
she sprang up suddenly crazed convulsing. her arms flailing as if she was rabid. looking for something to maime. she lunged straight for Tom .who was fumbling with his gun squeezing the trigger with the safety on.
Trip was to his feet in an instant. it was Jake that took the shot though.blowing her chest open the gun falling from his hand. His knees hitting the ground the same time Cindy s body laid to Rest on the floor.......

BANG muck and gunk flew through the air as the grenade went off. Onri had already pulled her and tuck. who was still out cold into the door leading to the passages of the sewers.brown green water still shot through the bottom of the door. drenching the back of her and tucks legs. "guess things could always get shittier " Onri muttered.
she had her father's mouth and his temper. Keep moving she thought keep moving .pulling her brother who still slumped across her. his arms around her shoulders. His breath still on her neck was the most reassurance she had . He busted his head open really bad. he fell from the top of the manhole. Smacking his head against grimy sewer floor.
The military were just killing people in the streets.she should of went first she thought he wouldn't be like this. Sunlight peeled into the end of the passage .giving off just enough light to hurt her eyes .since she had been in the dark for hours.
still moving an inch at a time she went. far as she could go needing a break she slumped against a wall. One minute that's it that's all I can wait she thought, But one turned into two into five. Pushing off the wall with her shoulder .
she started moving again but then as she was nearing the light. a figure stepped into her view convulsing and flailing his arms. looking everywhere it seemed as its head jerked form side to side . Onri had already rolled tuck and herself into the muck. it wasn't deep so she was able to keep tucks head out of the water. she could just barely touch the bottom.
they say you get used to the smell but Onri didn't believe that at all. the creature took off towards them .smelling the air it seemed.it danced along side them on the walk way. Like it knew they were there but couldn't figure it out.Onri struggling but still made little noise . it ran off again down another passage way.
.Onri still waited a while edging tuck on the walkway and rolled him out.she climbed out herself. muck dripped from her chin. she looked back and forth. it flung brown mess everywhere from her hair.
Tuck opened his eyes "Onri help me up" she did but he couldn't stay standing. She slid her left her arm under his waist. putting his right hand around her neck. Torwards the light they hobbled. only option now was a way out.
The muck and water was rushing rapidly .way out must of been close. But from behind them came a pounding of feet riding they're way. She turned seeing a handful of those creature s some of them the soldiers from above.
"got what you deserved I guess you fuckers" she said hurling herself and tuck in to the muck. once more this time though the current was so fast it hurled them down the tunnel pulling them both under causing her to lose her grip on tuck.........

Lark slammed on the gas barreling through the monsters and the garage door. exploding through it like a foot ball team through a banner. One of the monsters hands struck his door.when he drove past tearing it clear off. leaving its tips poking just inside the interior
.everyone gawking At the sight of they're whole block being aflame . the fire had spread From House to house. Katie gasped behind him as Lark slid on to the road heading out of the Cull de sac.
"Thats ally " haylei said. seeing her friend turn. the girl flew up under the suv .she screamed at the Loss of her friend. "No signal lark everything's down" Jessica said but lark was too focused to reply.
Vother cars whizzed by .one almost ran him of the road trying to pass him.less than a min they flew past that same car. it had flipped and was already covered by those monster's .slashers he had named them.
One broke the window pulling free the driver's head.nothing Lark could do nor would he risk his family. " Lark where are we going " Lark had no answer. he didn't even know himself. he was just driving towards the out skirts of town.
Away from the population was all he could think .the way their world had turned it couldn't just be charity that had been affected let alone rector county.he drifted a turn only to have to slam on the breaks after seeing main Ave was grid locked .
the slashers pouring through street treading through cars. he looked to Jessica his face saying what now.he shook his head and went to back up as a car slammed into the back of them.no options now he screamed "EVERYONE OUT"
Jessica was already pulling haylei from Yukon. Lark doing the same had Katie in hand. Hampered down with the survival bag and 12 gauge swung around his back he didn't move very fast . Katie was slowing him more . Jessica and haylei rounded the front of the suv.
"LARK DOWN THE ALLEY" it was empty as they barreled towards it.then the driver that slammed into them fell out the Van. they were in and Lark muttered "s**t" Jessica slammed the fence. It kept the alley closed off from the street. Lark throwing her the survival bag turned .heading back towards the man scrambling to his feet. BANG Lark put down a slasher before it reached the man. COME ON LARK".
two more shots from larks desert eagle and he reached the man grabbing his arm. the man pulled free slinging the Van door. grabbing a baby and diaper bag from the back. its car seat pulled free into a carrier and turned to Lark pleading "save my baby please."
claws to tore threw the man's head coming through his face. Lark grabbed the carrier and bag putting one through the mans face putting him and the slasher down. He turned and headed towards the alley .burst came from Jessica s m4 .lark could hear the thumps of bodys hitting the ground behind him. She pulled the gate open just slightly for Lark . he slammed it back shut behind him
.the baby bawling Lark had no clue what to do now . he took an oath though and was a man of honor. He looked to Jessica and grabbed the bag double loaded down now . " we have to get off the street Lark." he nodded and headed down the alley pulling on doors while he went. all locked till one made him stumble as it flew open.
it was the sewage plant you could tell from the smell.lark had busted the owner a few years back. running a meth cookery out of it because the s**t covered up the smell not the meth heads mouth though. They all filed inside. Jessica putting two slahers down just inside the door . they rushed them as soon as they were inside.just then a a boy was hurled out of a sewage dump out.
Jessica raised her rifle just as Lark put his hand on her shoulder.a girl climbing out the sewage taking them in with her green eyes and shrugged saying " guess y'all are having a pretty s****y day too huh" she slung some of the excess muck from her fingers.....

Laughter bellowed from the man.he wore a black trench coat. It snapped against the wind while he walked. Laughter followed him as he moved down the street .houses flared up the heat warming his face like if he sat beside a giant bonfire. Two slashers ran at him from each side.
he didn't speed up his pace calm and steady he moved laughing his arms shot out like he was opening them for a Hug. with a snap two Glock 45 s sprung into his hands from under his sleeves.smile crossing his face he found the triggers instantly and pulled them dropping both slashers .in an instant they slammed into the ground and sliding to a haultat his feet.
He kept on at his pace stepping over them. this was his world now and beautiful it was.flames licked the sky from everywhere houses cars trucks random debris never had it looked so wondrous. a scream came from behind him he never turned waiting till the foot steps were right behind him. stuck his arms behind him dropping one more monster.
No fear he had always lived that way. now the havoc he could never cause now was before him.no consequences no repercussions "hahahahahaha" bellowed from him maniac .he had become one long before." RICKTON ARE YOU OK ?"
he turned taking in the girl quirking his eyebrow. " oh dear im fine its you id be worried about" puzzled the girl was snatched off her feet torn apart in an instant. Rickton marvled at the sight." ohh what I could do with those claws "he thought.he laughed louder the thought Silly he'd make his own.he laughed once more sticking his hands in his front jacket pockets.
his mind reaching for the endless possibilities of this world .he would create his own wondrous sights .it was his to build now but destroying was just so much better for now. Laughter followed him as he followed the gunshots. Turning onto main ave.
They finally had tore a hole in the door letting light in on Cindy's face. She jerked on more time and trip did put her down. "sorry boy..... She's was pretty one "Jake sobbed Tom crawled to him "Jake Jake we gotta get mom we gotta go " Jake in shock ignored him. Cindy his Cindy he couldn't let it happen .let her take Tom but but.. Trip smacked them both
"get it together you damn young uns its time to go" reaching down he turned the safety off on toms gun " dont shoot your Dick off son dont let em touch you. Put a bullet in they're heart or head seems don't know yet" trip paused looking around and turned yanking down a tattered blanket revealing a small door with latch and rope. Crack came from the door. one of the windows cracked.hands shooting through it.
. they're claws scraped at the Logs of the cabin. taking a look around he grabbed his gathering bag. slung the leather strap across his chest . living alone and in the wood s afforded him some luxuries. his own whiskey stile and couple hidden plants.he grabbed two jugs of what he'd would call his finest shine. though all his shine was the finest shine in the South. He had a few Mason jars lined up already to pickle pears .he cussed forgetting about his wild berrie jam.
He pouredthe line of Bottles with shine like a bartender .putting lids tearing that blanket to shreds fashioning his own cocktails. Margarita ville Would have to wait though .one of the windows busted open "its time to go boys"
Tom helped Jake to his feet . trip yanked down the door .bending down ushering the boy's through the door .leading into shed with a little meth lab. Ok so it was one stop shop but it was all just personal use. trip didn't like going into town unless he had to .city was to busy for him liked it quiet.
Stuck a bit of that supply in his jacket CRACK ! another window went.trip took his foot slidding a trap very carefully infront of the little hide away door. SNAP!! The door came free as trip and the boy's made it to another door stashed away. trip ripped it down wind pushed in. the other room filed with thundering and a screeching. still allowed a CLANK from the trap to be heard.
The body Blocked the entrance for just a moment .until they ripped they're fallen alli from the door e she blocked they're path to fresh meat. Trip emptying the last of the shine across his table of cooking utensils you could call them .cursing while he went out the door.he turned pulling a bombshell bomber Zippo lighting one of the five cocktails he'd mixed . hurling it against the wall turned hobbling as fast as he could saying " don't you peckerheads leave me behind" they made off in the direction of the town bridge that lead to the highway from main Ave......
Onri shivered as she tried to clean some the muck from tucks face.she needed a bath but she didn't think that was going to happen anytime soon.a burst of laughter peirced the air from the streets outside.she watched lark jump and move from the doorway as he passed her .he smiled but covered his mouth and nose.
he motioned for her to follow him.they went upstairs and he pushed open a door pointing inside. just as she thought she would never see a shower again. there was 20 of them.she smiled slightly the muck parting on her face into a crooked smirk .the sewage and sanitation plant they were in provided these wonderful showers and adjacent locker rooms.
she turned the faucet and the shower head sprang to life with a sputter.still in her clothes she stepped into the water warm. it drizzled down her head and the smell she had started to grow used to sprang back to life in her nose.someone had left some of they're body wash in the little alcove cut into the groute she reached up and grabbed it disrobing using most the soap in her hair matted and clumped she smoothed it.
laughter sprung into the showers as the door flew open. she jumped covering herself as her brother stumbled into the showers.she slipped slamming her but into the cold tile floor . she scrambled towards tuck. hugging him so hard forgetting he was covered in what she had just washed off.
"Get off me weirdo" he pushed at her but hugged her back she let him go and finished in the shower.they're was a little table full of towels by the door she dried off covering up and wrapping her hair in one.she was met outside by Jessica who handed her some of Katie's clothes. Jessica rocked the infant shhhing in its ear.just then lark called from the window "jess".
she started to follow jess as she moved up the hallway but lark held his hand up. He pointed at her to go back downstairs.he wasn't her dad though and she was almost 15. still she nodded and turned around.shuttering as that same laughter came in the window.
Lark looked at jessica smiled rembering the girls when they were baby's. as she rocked the baby he didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl .it was dressed in a green onesie so couldn't really make an assumption. it looked to be 3 maybe 4 months old but how could you really tell with out knowing.he could barely keep himself alive now he had to keep a baby alive too .
what should he of done left the child with its disfigured father. he would of been no better than those monsters outside.Jessica met him at the window and he came back to his reality as crazy as it was right now.he took in the chaos outside .
few people still scrambling others not so lucky.laughter sprang to life from the chaos .he scanned the area looking for its source .amongst the screams it should of been easy to point out .It hadnt made it to him quite yet.it seemed to be quieting down on the streets .if you measured time and noise on screams per minute.
all he had seen was slashers no new survivors to add to their ranks. Lark wretched as he saw three of the mangled and tore apart victims explode .it seemed in a puss and blood cocktail .they're skin torn from them one had no face still they sprung to life .scrambling around with they're comrades. looking for they're first meal.
how do you find a safe Haven in this world? he still hadnt figured they're next move.kind of playing things by which direction theyd be able to run now. this was the best place for them to be .well it was the best he could do right now."lark"he heard his voice but was lost in the chaos on the street
"LARK" he snapped up coming out of his haze eyes still locked on the street . he turned his head completely from the window.Jessica stood there the Pearson girl behind her .she was peeking from the top of the stairs.charity was no small town but it wasn't a big one either .
lark knew her he remembered their mother .that day was his first he'd wanted to forget .the jobs hard everyone knows that. you can never be prepared for some of the things that happen.he sighed laughter growing pouring into the window as he scanned the streets below.who the f**k would be laughing in all of this.
shots brought the street below to life it was filled with laughter and screams. the occasional busting acompanied by the squealing sound of another one of those things coming to life.it didn't take long for those things to come back . what ever they were not everyone turned back into one of those things. who knows maybe some of them were too torn apart to come back.
LARK he was brought back to see a door fling open .three people pouring into the hallway they're claws extended for Jessica. lark brought up his dessert eagle letting loose on the group. Jessica retreated down the hall just in time dodging the first attacker as she tripped down the stairs. lark put him down in one shot to the neck severing the spinal cord. two jumped for him and as they did he brought up the 12 gauge. he slid down the wall BOOM the spread of the shot gun tore thousands of circles into both of their faces. the shot spread into the air creating a desth cloud.lark just barely getting out they're way as they went flying out the window .
lark scrambled to his feet as the slashers went splat into the ground .looking into the eyes of rickton.he was a good guy quiet and reserved he always kept to himself and smiled when you passed by.lark quirked a brow and before he could say anything rickton burst into laughter .....
Trip was running. well if you could call his hobbling at a fast pace running.BOOM reverberated through the ground. you could hear shards of his granddadddys cabin flying through the trees.along with the screams of the creatures .they squealed out flailing as they ran out of the cabin aflame .smashing into the trees setting them ablaze .
the life in them seemed to put itself out but the flames that licked they're body's still burned. setting the grass they came to rest in a flame. making they're own chalk outlines in the grass.Trip sighed a cough and hobbled on muttering "give me a hand you knuckle headed brats I'm the old man that's baby sitting you unpotty trained punks."
Jake turned and stuck his arm around trips back .putting trips left arm around his neck .taking the pressure out of trips bad knee. tom came and did the same.they moved faster now it seemed. they were coming to the end of the tree line .fire burned behind them and you could see several fires lined across infornt of them. in the distance through the trees. which could only mean trip wasn't the only one to lose a house to fire.
cars whizzed by across the bridge to main ave as they were trying to get out of town.they moved towards the embankment that lead up to the side of the bridge connecting to main ave. it was the only way out of charity well in this direction anyways.tires squealed and the crashing of metal brought they're attention to the bridge. a car flew off the side of the embankment they were headed up "GET DOWN" trip screamed .
the car tumbled in too a off sided somersault.no off setting tension movie moment though .athe car missed them completely. it headed down towards the tree line .one of the creatures came out pinning it to a tree. The car wrapped itself around the tree."well that's some crazy s**t" Trip muttered .
Jake looked at him and shook his head pushing on as they reached the top of the hill.main ave came into view .it was full of those creatures and burning cars .most of the buildings were old stone and brick so they seemed to be safe from the fire for now. Jake panic in his eyes and Tom shear terror in his looked to Trip saying "what now" almost in unison. "What we do now is you shut the f**k up and do what I say" Trip said .
he tore free of their grasp hobbling at his own pace slower but steady for him.he walked his rifle drawn to his shoulder saying "come out of there or I'll blow you out of there" he pointed to a line of bushes that rested on the side of the road.two charity PD came out guns in hand one saying "shut up Trip you'll bring them down on us we' re headed out of town main ave is still loaded but its a lot quieter"
Trip laughed and said "you shut up Richardson I remember your grandmother giving me my first handsie on the bus" Richardson started to charge him but his partner Lisa grabbed his jacket pulling him back.before trip could say anything else. a screaming of the wind being funnled between turbines . the air being sliced and flushed along the metal frame of the airplane. gravity grew closer and closer caused them all to be caught gazing into the skye.like deer caught in the headlights........
lark caught his breath as he reached the eave of the stairs. looking down to see onri holding Jessica the baby bawling .he had the worst fears imagined but they were all OK.he went back to the window and rickton was gone but his laughter still floated in the air.he moved down away from. The window heading down the stairs.
tuck came out the showers in a jumpsuit. that he had rolled up to fit him it.looked like a new stupid fashion trend."all I could find in the lockers "tuck said he was only 9 so it swallowed him whole."we'll see if we can find you some clothes later tuck." If there was a later he thought.he didn't know if there was even a now. he headed down stairs to the alley door.
Jessica had already handed the baby to onri and was at his back Beretta in hand.he threw the door open stepping back but nothing came in.he stuck his head out the door and a hand shot out. spring releasing sending out of the sleeve a glock into his right cheek.the metal burned so it had just been used."hahahahaa lark funny that your here"
forward infornt of the door jessica pulled up her m4 andnlaid it on larks shoulder."whole family too lucky man how ever did y'all survive."lark ignored his question posing his own saying "what happened to you rickton"laughter left ricktons chest saying "this always been me the maniac that hides in the open wolves lark wolves but ofcourse you know you've seen my handy work plenty of times.I wanted you to catch me not the other way around."
lark quirked a brow gun Noe to his forehead."the green mask killer...."laughter sprung from rickton again"you got it but ive always hated that name.....I don't even wear a mask half the fun is the blood on your face"lark had been chasing him for months guess the end of the world gives you the confidence to out yourself .pictures of the bodys shot thru his mind and his body gave a lurch of anger .even with the gun to his head.

than a Screaming of the air gushed them apart. ricktons gun going off but the seperation made from the air caused the trajectory of the bullet to be off. cutting larks cheek open as he flew back into the door way.picking him self up as fast as he hit the ground he slammed the door and dove on top of Jessica as plane took out the building next to them..........

Erridan took great big gasps of oxygen.that was understandable given the fact the were plummeting at 20k feet.he was trying all he could to get as much of this oxygen in him he could.
The cappatin was screaming into the radio.it was muffled blur to him though the co pilot .clueless as to what he was supposed to be doing.Erridan didn't want to care about anything in five mins.
He undid his belt and climbed into the seat across from him.started to drain that whole bag as well.scratching came from the steel plate sepreating him and two hundred passengers.clawing scratching it all went to s**t in mins.
He inhaled deeper the oxygen starting to cause a haze.rubber bullets what hell was he supposed to do with rubber bullets? against those things.he inhaled again forgetting about the three engines that just failed.
He was supposed to just fly to japan.talk to a few Japanese girls.drink some damn saki.fly back go home to the girlfriend.wonder if they ate my dog?that was the third bag of oxygen.
The captain was screaming "pull up pull up" but it was too late buildings blurred throuh the windows.then it was a all a screaming rumbling motion from there........
Trish lay prone 50 cal gas compressed rifle tucked into her shoulder.999 order had been given.left to own devices.no help was coming no evac.she chose this though.
Some general in a bunker sent her and Jack in.jack would follow her to the ends of the earth.hell and back always been they're bond.find something that could answer this epidemic was their mission.even though she had her own objectives.if it was even an epidemic.
A screaming flew through the air.followed by a breaking of metal and stone.she caught the plane in her scope.she caught the least of the after math.
The right wing took out corner wall of the sewage water plant.the fuselage had sank straight through a two story office building.the cabin had snapped been free .caused from the impact with the edge of the roof.
It flew through the windows of a mattress store."Go damn figure this is FUBAR Trish."he shook his head.though he may seem reluctant they would die for each other.no matter the odds .
"Well were screwed but it'll be fun"jack said with a smirk."we've been through worst" Trish shook her head " yah we totaly handled it the last time the world came to an end"


© 2014 fitz Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very, very interesting. Horrid grammar, though (even if a small part of me hopes that it's intentional). Reminds me a lot of my favorite novel, Naked Lunch, which is an excellent compliment in my book...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fitz Roberts

9 Years Ago

Thx it still needs a lot of editing I just jot ideas and put stuff together

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

500 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 1, 2014
Last Updated on June 1, 2014


Author

fitz Roberts
fitz Roberts

warner robins, GA



About
I like to write hope you enjoy how I paint a picture with words 27 you old male hoping to be a decent writer Lol more..

Writing