Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces

A Story by EnlighteningStar
"

Text written by a friend of mine about depression

"

   She was sick of smiling... she was broken and pretending that everything was alright was not in her plans anymore. She wasn’t alright. Nothing was. Every night she cried herself to sleep and she felt worthless because she saw herself as a bother to everyone…

   Every day something bad happened. Either she was forgotten, fought with someone important, was thrown away… She’d had enough. It seemed that no one cared enough to spend some minutes with her. Hear her out. Or just stay there in silence hugging her. She always came last… but she put everyone first.

   “I miss you” had lost its meaning because it was always followed by some excuse like “I’m sorry I didn’t call but I had a busy day”. It must have been really busy. Not only 5 minutes were dedicated to her. But they “really missed her.”

   Words became unbearably vane. They lost their meaning... and she used to love them. Even actions had lost their essence. She became sceptic to everything.

   Once a beautiful and cheerful girl, now just a beautiful sorrow. She tried to collect her broken pieces one by one but eventually, there were always some missing. She knew she would never be whole again so why bother trying. Maybe because she wanted to feel something again. Or maybe because she wanted to belong at least once. But she felt like she never would.

   She died a little each day and no one saw it happening. No one noticed. “She’s so cheerful, always smiling.” Though no one saw the tears she cried every night. No one saw the scars. No one listened to her prayers. She left small hints that everyone ignored.

   Few years went by and she was no longer there. The despair and the pain had taken the best of her. “How did this happen? She was such a sweet happy girl.” They still didn’t understand. They would never understand how she smiled when all she wanted was to cry. They would never understand how strong she was, going through it all by herself because they were always too busy. Because “we’ll talk tomorrow, I promise” but tomorrow never came. It never would again. She parted without goodbyes leaving only the memories of a once happy girl behind. Everyone missed her. Everyone wished they had more time.    But they didn’t.


Text by Carolina Costa

© 2017 EnlighteningStar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being a boy, you have very well written about the feelings of a girl. I totally agree and love this. This is what I am going through right now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EnlighteningStar

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review. It was written by a friend of mine that is a girl, but i had to.. read more
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Oh okay ☺ you're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017

Author

EnlighteningStar
EnlighteningStar

Angra do Heroismo, Açores, Portugal



About
I am a game design student, but my true passion is writing. Anything from fantasy to reality, i will post here for you to read and review, in hopes on getting some more experience in the area. more..

Writing