Gods and Goddesses

Gods and Goddesses

A Chapter by Athy Tsukishima
"

Zelphina a 13 year old girl who grew up alone, with no parents. She is a bold young lady that it scares the town to even have an arguement with the teen. She hated the God's, she peevishly blamed them

"

Worthless people live,
Only to eat and drink;
People of worth eat,
And drink only to live.
   
                                  - "Socrates"

          "Hahaha" I laughed out loud, patting elise who fell down the river.
She was proliferating her anger, she shove her stuff into her bag as she set off to go home. I turned to the other direction and walked towards the dock.

           "Fooling around again I see," Said Alice, one of my best mates on the island. We helped each other pull pranks on elders and jesters. This time we tripped Elise to fall in the river, we also stole the twin of madam gissele's earrings. "Don't you think that's enough for today?" Said alice.

           "Yeah, i think we're good for today" I tetchy responded. "Are you gonna head home?" I asked.

           "Yeah, me and my parents are going to offer prayers in the plasa, it's for the God's!" She avidly cheered, throwing her arms up into the air like a kid being asked to be raised up.

           "Blah, blah,blah God's here, God's there" I said while walking with my hands behind my head.

           "Why do you hate the god's so much?" Alice said catching up from behind me.

           "Well, Lord Hali was the reason my parents died" I said trying to keep my emotions within me.

           "Oh, come one you know your parents died because they were engulfed by the waves, while coming back to the island right?" Alice said obviously trying to convince me to come with her and her parents to the plaza to "offer up" to the so-called God's.

          "Yeah, yeah whatever that doesn't change my mind." I said as I scurried away before she could say anything more.

          "Sheesh, she's got no manners, she didn't have to flee if she didn't want to talk." Alice said as she walked home.

I arrived at the dock and got ready to sail to the neighbouring island, karpathos. I changed into my sailing suit and hopped into a boat. I grabbed the paddles and started to paddle. Sooner or later i was able to see the island. But then a huge wave overcame me and threw me off board. Later on I found myself unconscious on an island. I got up to see a deserted island. It didn't look like anyone was around so I took some time to look for someone to bring me back to crete bay. I was walking around until i saw houses. I walked over to the small village excitedly hoping to see someone to bring me back home. I was beaming with joy, until i realized that there wasn't a single person around.

"Where is everyone?" I thought to myself. "Is this island abandoned?" I added. Until it came to me that i was in zurafa! I panicked since I knew that no one would come to save me right now and I would die if I stayed here any longer. I was babbling some stuff that was an effect of being scared to die alone. On an inhabited island. Full of creatures that can eat my body. Never to be found. MY thoughts were stopped as I heard rumbling from a nearby bush. "Am i gonna die like this?" "I don't wanna die yet!" I said as I stood completely still staring over to the direction of the bush.

I decided to seal my fate. I am gonna die anyway. I moved straightly towards the bush poking a stick over that direction from time-to-time. I was then close enough to strike the bush, but I decided to open it slowly. I slowly lifted the front branches of the bush slowly revealing the thing that caused the rumbling. I was successfully able to pull off the whole bush and I was shocked by how it's moving. In a while I found myself lying on grainy ground. But something felt different, I felt something fluffy on top of me. I adjusted my head to see a tiny animal. I could feel it moving, I stood up and held the thing away from me like it was a smelly fish, I looked at it and realized it was a bunny. I thought it was cute at first. That was until it spoke. 

          "Hey! you, human!" It said with the most insulting tone i've ever heard. "Did you just talk?" I answered back. 

         "Yes, i did now feed me" It said as he jumped off my arms. 

         "I haven't eaten for 12 days" Exclaimed the poor bunny. 

          "Ah!" I said as i searched my pockets. 

I found one piece of biscuit, it was the biscuit i took for elise. I guess it could work. I handed it over to the bunny, and it snatched the biscuit from my hand, before i even got a chance to introduce the biscuit.

           "Thank you, human" The bunny said cleaning it's paws. 

           "Oh, nice human who saved me from death" The bunny said as it performed weird gestures that i think are supposed to be enchanting gestures. 








That's it hoomans for this chapter. I feel like i did great here. This is a story that i want to take seriously. Hope you like it. :))



© 2021 Athy Tsukishima


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on October 31, 2021
Last Updated on October 31, 2021
Tags: gods and goddesses, fictional, greek, survival


Author

Athy Tsukishima
Athy Tsukishima

Philippines



About
Hai, i like anime, i do digital and traditional drawing, and i am a wattpad writer. You can add me in discord ツSHORTIEツ#1145 more..

Writing