Hunch

Hunch

A Poem by Floundering About

Lamp shade tilts upturned like question, desire shading up wall.  Dust comes off in grey smears.  The composition of the dust is unremarkable, and has accumulated over five to seven years.  The lamp shade was probably pushed ajar by someone opening the door.  Camera flash throws shadow up wall.  So no sign of a struggle.  Flash.  Disappointment exhales with flash.

© 2010 Floundering About


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Floundering About
Okay so it may not be a poem, but it's not really a story either.
What do you think about the article-less syntax of the sentences not spoken?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can imagine this as a short film, very descriptive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree, this could be the opening to a detective story. You did a good job with the imagery, and it leaves you with an eerie feeling and makes you curious for more. This piece leaves you with a need to know the rest of the story, which I think is what makes it good. You could continue, but I honestly think it might spoil the excellent burning curiousity you've left. Good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is there something inherently sexy in the way that this is writte, or am I just seeing things that aren't there again! I compared the write to...ahem...something else! Tell me if I'm wrong and gone slightly mad please! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It could be the start of a detective story, where the detective finds the body of someone missing for many years, or enters their home while looking for them.

The camera flash indicates there is a body there, so Id opt for the dude is both dead and there...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010