never again

never again

A Story by Jorge Ramos
"

never again i will trust.

"

Why? Why did  I let it get this far?  I’m so stupid. Why? The Cold rain pierced my skin, making me shiver in the grey night. The moonlight brushed my face as if trying to comfort  me. I was walking against the wind. Jackson told me. But I didn’t listen. Jenny told me. She was right. They were both right. But her eyes. They told me differently.  Cars zoomed by. They paid no attention to the cold 17 year old walking on the roadside; the jacket that I wore couldn’t even protect me from the cold. Her coldness
               
It started at school. Where I first met her. Her eyes caught my attention. The deep green made my me loose control. At first we weren’t sure. But we knew we liked each other. Her cute dimples. Her small nose. I thought we were meant to be. The first time we kissed was phenomenal. Her lips were a whole new world being born. I felt like I could do anything. I felt invincible. Like finally I had found somebody. She told me I was her one and only. I regret going to Pennsylvania, because she doesn’t. I told her I would call. Every day.
                I did as I said. And she answered with the second ring. I was meant to stay in Pennsylvania for a month. But only lasted for 2 weeks. I was glad. I wanted to surprise her. Not telling her I was coming. I tried surprising her. and it worked.
                I drove to her house. I pulled into the drive way. I saw her small BMW. I was glad she was home. As quick as I could I ran to the front door, and knocked. No answer. How could it be? Her car was there. I looked through the window. A light was on. It was her room. She probably didn’t hear me, so I walked over to her side of the house reached for the window. I peered inside to find her. half dressed. With Him. Him, out of all people? Why?? Why him? He was my best friend. I saw him on top of her. with his shirt off. Pants half undone, and her their? I was outraged. Sean. Sean! My best friend!  Why would he do this? I trusted him out of all people. I trusted her. I trusted him.
                yes Jackson told me. Yes Jenny told me. But I didn’t listen. Because Sean spoke differently, his direct words were “oh I took her notes on accident, that’s why she came to my house to get them back.” I should have listened to them. But I trusted my best friend. I trusted my girlfriend.

“never again” I said to myself as I continued toward the end of the dark street.

© 2008 Jorge Ramos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWWWW I LOVE THIS!! It's so beautiful and sad and full of emotion!! This would make a great monologue =] Great job!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2008

Author

Jorge Ramos
Jorge Ramos

Stuart, FL



About
As you live, you learn from your mistakes, you grow from what you've learned. I think that everything that I do, all the things that influence me, like music family friends, made me what I am today. l.. more..

Writing
Dakota blue Dakota blue

A Screenplay by Jorge Ramos


she she

A Poem by Jorge Ramos