Dakota Blue (synopsis)

Dakota Blue (synopsis)

A Screenplay by Jorge Ramos
"

Poor Rey. his Life is depressing for this one teen. this is a Synopsis - I made this right before the Script.

"

The story starts with Rey Miles Smith sleeping in a small dark room, obviously he is not very wealthy, and his bed is a small mattress, with holes. At exactly six thirty AM his alarm rings and he is ready to start his day. Rey makes his way to the bathroom for a cold shower. His shower is small, he can barley fit in it, it is as if it was made for dwarfs. The shower head often touched his chest; the walls were black with mold. Once he finished bathing, he headed to the kitchen, not at all ready to start the day, but Rey is comforted with the warm, kind, gentle smile of his mother, offering him a bowl of cereal, Rey kindly refuses and bids a short farewell to his mother and sister, who is eating her own bowl of cereal. He soon heads out the door to his bus stop with his backpack; He sat at the old bench waiting for his own version of hell. At his school, there were gangs, fights, and drugs. He hated his school, mostly because he had no friends and many of the gang members despised him. He heard that people thought of him as “stuck up” and “snobby”. The thought of him being snobby made Rey snicker, as he patiently waited for the yellow vehicle to arrive.

That day he went about school care free. Tomorrow would be his eighteenth birthday Algebra was a flash of time, for he was distracted with the future. Rey disregarded the paper balls that were thrown at him, for; he was already making plans of what to do the next day. In English class, Rey Often Gazed into the distance as the teacher ranted on about hamlet. There was no stopping Rey’s mind.

            On his way home on the bus ride, he sat alone, looking out the window, longing for tomorrow. He walked home and saw his sister first, little Fiona. Fiona ran over to Rey and greeted him with a hug.  They walked home together and talked about their day. Rey approached his house and noticed that his mother Nina was home, her green Ford Ranger sitting on the driveway; it was the only thing he liked about what his family owned in Grapevine, Texas, rather, one of the only things he owned. As he walked in, his mother glanced at him and smiled, she quickly ran to the small kitchen and came back to the door with a small cake the size of a large fist. It was for his birthday.  He was glad that his mother scavenged enough money to even think about buying a cake for him.

            The next day was a regular day, he woke up at six thirty like usual; he dragged himself to the shower and bathed. He headed to the kitchen, only to find his mother in her pajamas biting her nails. She murmured words, but Rey could not hear them Rey asked her if she was okay. She glanced up and faked a smile, she asked Rey if he would take Fiona to school; Rey looked at her and slowly agreed. He woke his sister and they both hopped in the Ranger. As Roy began to pull out of the drive way, Nina yelled for them to stop. She ran over to the ranger, and kissed them both on their foreheads, and gave them a very long hug. As Rey pulled out, he looked at Fiona oddly wondering if she knew what was going on. They both went to school, and lived on as usual.

            At three thirty, school let out. Rey had the ranger; he went home, knowing that his sister would be riding the bus home.

            As he arrived, he felt shivers go up his spine- something was not right. He gets out of the ranger and spots the door wide open. He slowly enters his house. His mother’s vase was broken. There was blood on the floor, there was broken glass every were along with broken picture frames. Rey entered the kitchen, he fell to his knees; the table was overturned, the chairs were knocked over, there was broken glass here too, and more blood. Whose blood was this? Rey followed the blood behind the table and found his mother dead.  He immediately called the police.

            After the police arrived, they told Rey that he could either take Fiona and care for her, or send her to a foster home. Obviously he chose to care for her. Rey told Fiona that they were going to go far away from here, they were going to go as far as the Ranger took them (which was left to Rey in Nina’s will)

            And so they did, they ended up in Park River North Dakota, were they rented a small apartment (the money came from Rey’s savings account in which his grandfather had left him ten thousand dollars for college) When they got there, people stared, they barely ever had visitors, but Rey and Fiona Lived on and slowly progressing form what they once had, in Texas.

            A year later, Rey and Fiona settled in to Park River quite nicely, Rey was nine-teen and was “manager-to-be” at the shop he worked at. Fiona on the other hand, was doing poorly in school. Rey asked her why it was and she explained that, she felt that this was just for a while and that they would go back to Grapevine and live how it used to be.  Rey told her differently, and explained that Life would never be the same, Life in Grapevine was dangerous, and living in North Dakota, was the best idea, because it was so far away from Texas. It was better for them to remain in Park River, and to forget their life in Grapevine. After a few tears, Fiona finally understood that what they had in Texas, would never be recovered.

            A month went by, Fiona finally picked her grades up and was doing spectacular in school, Rey was now Manager of the Shop and life couldn’t get any better for them. They Felt as if Park River was the best thing that has happened to them ever since Nina had died.

 One day after school, Fiona was waiting for Rey to pick her up; he was running a little late, Fiona was getting inpatient. She paced the school grounds, when she decided to just walk home. She was about 2 miles away when their apartment neighbor, Raul, noticed her, stopped and offered her a ride. She politely denied the offer and continued to walk, he insisted, and she continuously refused. That’s when Raul got out of his car and forces her into the back seat. At that moment Rey Drove by when he notices them and he dashes out to attack Raul.

Raul Takes out a Pistol and shoots at Rey, hitting his shoulder. Raul finally manages to get Fiona in his backseat, and he rushes in to his car and speeds off. Rey, determined runs to his Ranger and Stepped on the pedal, they dart past traffic and pedestrians, nearly hitting signs and light poles. Raul constantly shoots out the window at Rey, Nearly hitting him. Raul shoots again, and misses, while simultaneously hitting a large oak. Rey slams the breaks causing a loud screeching noise. The car is smoking. Raul is crushed. But Rey Worries about Fiona. Rey Sprints to the car holding the wound in his shoulder. He pries open the car door only to find Fiona, Unconscious, covered in blood. Moments later the ambulance arrived taking all of them away.

            After Rey gets treated for his minor wound, he asks to be taken to the hospital to see his sister Fiona and her wounds. Rey walks up and down the halls, looking for Fiona’s room. The woman at the front desk mentioned room 116. Rey breaths heavily. How could he have let this happen to Fiona? His 8 year old sister? Rey’s heart beats faster and faster. He walks past door after door until he reaches room 116. He opens the door and finds a nurse, attending Fiona. The Nurse Turns to look at Rey, with worry in her eyes. The nurse leaves quietly, mentioning that she would be back to check on her later. Rey nods, and sits next to Fiona. He breaks down in front of Fiona. If Rey wouldn’t have been late; if Rey wouldn’t have moved to North Dakota, if he would have some were else, this, this wouldn’t have happened. Why did he have to chose that apartment to live in. why did he have to chose that county? Why that city? He felt that It was all his fault. His tears ran down his face and fell upon Fiona’s arm. One after another, a tear falls. Fiona Moves her hand. She is barley there. The EKG skipped a beep, when Fiona opened her eyes, with all her strength she lifted her arm, and reached for her brother’s hand to comfort him. Rey looks up at Fiona, His eyes full of sadness and tears. Fiona answers his depression with a smile. She knew it wasn’t his fault. Fiona stroked her brother’s head and explained to him that it wasn’t his fault. That she still loved him.   At that moment, her arm drops- her eyes close and all you hear is the EKG’s monotone Ring and Rey’s Somber Sobs.

 

            Rey stands in the rain. His eyes dark, sad. You could notice the dark circles under his eyes. One small oak stands before him; And the Reverend as well. It was Fiona’s Funeral. As the Reverend preached his words, Rey Remembered the times he spent with Fiona, the times that would never be recuperated. The friends he never had, He remembered His mother, and how Rey Refused to go to her Funeral because he did not want to see her mother in a box; but nevertheless there he was, witnessing his sisters burial, As the Reverend Finished his last words, Rey threw his roses on the Burgundy chest and walked away.

© 2008 Jorge Ramos


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on December 10, 2008

Author

Jorge Ramos
Jorge Ramos

Stuart, FL



About
As you live, you learn from your mistakes, you grow from what you've learned. I think that everything that I do, all the things that influence me, like music family friends, made me what I am today. l.. more..

Writing
Dakota blue Dakota blue

A Screenplay by Jorge Ramos


she she

A Poem by Jorge Ramos