Feeling Adopted

Feeling Adopted

A Story by Theresa Del Donna
"

Written April 21st, 2014

"
Ever feel like you were adopted? You have talents that no one else in your family has. You love to write stories,music,poems or whatever is on your mind. You like drawing and singing even though your only decent. The music you listen to is different. You listen to a lot of things but none that anyone in your family can relate too. Sometimes your as bright as a rainbow and sometimes your darker then the sky. You have this dark side of red and black with a faded blue. Sometimes you dress differently to express yourself. Sometimes the way you dress your family doesn't approve of it but you refuse to change because you know deep inside that this is who you are. You read books, books based on dark things. You also read books based on romance. You love seeing two people joined together with love. You like to read most of the books before seeing the movie. If the movie appeals to you will watch it more than once just too re-watch the love scenes. Because no one within your family shares your interest you look outside of the family. You try to find people more like you. You go to a school of some sort where you feel like you don't fit in. Its like you walk the halls invisible, someone could knock you down and they'd walk right past you as if you were never there, as if you were some sort of spirit. The things you like make you different which makes it harder for you to fit it. But in reality you never really wanted to fit in. You could never fit in because you aren't like everyone else. But you wanted everyone else to except you for who you are. You just wanna find someone on the outside world of family and a school where you feel invisible who can be just like you. Who understands your writings, gives you credit on your drawings, and simply gets you. And yet you wonder to yourself... is that so much to ask for? Was I really adopted? How come I'm like the odd ball stranger in the family? Bet yet will you ever know?

© 2014 Theresa Del Donna


Author's Note

Theresa Del Donna
Thanks for reading. Can anyone else relate? Give me some feedback and share with your friends.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

98 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: adopted, different, hurt, invisible, books, reading, music, school