Saving Grace

Saving Grace

A Story by ~L.A.
"

-Prologue-

"
I turn off the engine of my car, a 2003 minivan, open the car door and head into my home. My home is rather boring, two stories, wood paneling and white walls due to the fact that our landlord is far too lazy to maintain the home. I share the house with my mother and father, who rarely ever pay attention to me. I also have a brother that is in college, but I don't speak with him very often.

I opened the door, place all of my school bags onto the floor and walk up the stairs to my room. Once inside of my room I shut the plain, dull, white door, grabbed my blanket and curled up in the corner farthest corner from the door, with my phone practically glued to my face. The screen of my Samsung Galaxy S3 suddenly lights up and began to play "One Of Us Is The Killer" by The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I press the accept button, and brought the phone up to my ear. It was Eian, my closest friend. He's around 16, same as I am, has short shaggy brown hair, and the brightest blue eyes anyone has ever seen. He's always been there for me, cared for me, respected me, and always treated me in the bast ways he possibly could.

"Hey Grace, how are you doing?" Eian asked me lightly, as if trying to get the conversation going.

I cough to clear my throat before I begin to speak. "Yeah... I'm fine, I guess..." My voice rasps out in reply to his question.

There's a pause before he speaks again. "Are you sure Grace?" 

I sigh deeply into the phone. "No. Things are getting bad with my depression, and I'm doing "it" again." I pause before I speak again. "I'm sorry, you probably don't wish to speak with me anymore." I begin to choke up and pull my phone away from my faces and put my phone on speaker.

"Look. I care. I'm on my way Grace. I'm your best friend so it's my job to help you feel better when it comes to these things." Eian replies, his voice full of concern.


A/N: writer here, here's some basic information on Grace!

16 years old, 5'4", 125lbs, short red hair, and her full name is Grace Haleard. Also, she has depression. Also, not poking fun at depression, I've suffered from it for 5 years.

© 2014 ~L.A.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on April 1, 2014
Last Updated on April 1, 2014
Tags: romance, teen, self-harm, love

Author

~L.A.
~L.A.

IN



About
I'm currently 15, I'm experimenting with putting my work on the internet. If you like my work on here, please go check out my other account on a different website where I have a whole variety of thing.. more..

Writing
Odd Fate Odd Fate

A Story by ~L.A.