Night Enigma

Night Enigma

A Poem by Frieda P

Mystery surrounds her every move
secrets cut a path to her door
dancing mystique of a serpent
the night vamps her desires
secrecy of a siren's enigma
she lurks through your heart
peers into your soul's eye
steals your mind in time
passion and fury engulf
ecstasy blankets her whims
men are captured in her web 
enraptured by artful lust

the morning light
transforms her 
days are simple 
chalky residue
of her fantasy
she dons her
glasses
slips into  
her flats
adjusts
her vibe
and her soul
vaporizes


Graellsia isabellae-male  Spanish lunar moth

© 2012 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The image of the woman with the mask sets the proper tone for the write which clearly shows the contrast of one who is on fire at night, and then resting in the ashes as the light of morning dawns! She becomes another as the image of the butterfly so aptly portrays!
A very interesting write which reminds me of "The Three Faces of Eve"!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ahhh, I forgot about that movie. Thanks Sheila.



Reviews

Exquisite :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
The public, external "us" and the private, internal "us" not only have conflicts but sometimes battle in their coexistence. An excellent write that I enjoyed reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice. Puts me in mind of a sexy librarian, letting her hair down, then...when it suits her...she goes back to her "disguise"...good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This falena, is most rich, in her essence, the way she is herself, and so utterly profound. I do admire her. even with the mask, as you seem to give her.
Why is someone with true insomnia for example mad? or why is a question born simply? it's just when it don't fits in the civil way of living, people go think out of the box, and what I love about you my lovely friend is, that you and me always are out of the f*****g box. hahaha. So true. We are not afraid of it, and just pump it to WC, honest and true. (even in fictive writes) it's just the beauty a writer can share, how it's interpret, it's their way.... lol, but we know better....

Lovely one !

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

What a wondrous, perplex review! ;-)
Through cover of darkness, she can let her inhibitions down, become what she will and as the sun begins to rise, evolves back into her day self, both sides true, but I feel in this write, she may have a secret desire to be the dark self more often. I love this Frieda...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Perhaps she does, nice review, thanks so much. Means a lot to me.
night with its darkness is the large cover which wraps most of the things people dont like to be seen doing. my favorite singer,Um Kalthoum, has a song called Al-Atlal, for me, this is the ever best song ever sung. it tells a story about a couple staying together the whole night (which is not appropriate here if they are not married) and then..the dawn comes as if it were flames, life looked to us again boring as we have always known it, lovers started to get apart..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Really lovely, poetry to my ears.
khalid

11 Years Ago

im happy you liked it
Tex

11 Years Ago

I love that song you should translate the whole thing for us one day.
A picture of the wanton woman who leads men into sin through sexual desire. Beautifully written

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Carolann, glad you liked it.
Carolann Dowsett

11 Years Ago

Welcome
A vibe, a man blames the woman, but which one? The whole,morning noon and night,though John Wayne said they" where built for the night"So that is the soul,snared by the serpent,a mask of the free.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Interesting review, food for thought, thank you!
And that, is why, us blokes just can't get enough of you lot. Women, the puzzle of a conundrum, within a jigsaw of a metaphoric question, that males will study diligently for eternity.
"woah. As a guy, I have no idea of the meaning of what I just wrote. My head is hutifying now" :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

hahaha and you call us confusing! Thanks! ;-)
Distant horizons

11 Years Ago

:-)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

865 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Burns Burns

A Poem by Baby Ricochet