Sunset in A Bottle

Sunset in A Bottle

A Poem by Frieda P

If you could capture
                sunset in a bottle
would you share it
          with all the world to see
   could you put it on a shelf 
          & keep it for yourself
   should we share the trappings
 within a smile
planting seeds of hope
          to sprout a miracle
     if we graciously captured
               sunset in a bottle

 

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We had the most amazing sunset the other evening, so much so the Kid was like, "What is that in the sky?" It was the sun, obviously *laugh* but it looked so cool. Dark orange and hung low...you could look right at it and not hurt your eyes. This reminded me of that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sorry I missed this one the kimmer, that sounds lovely, and *laugh* the Kid...
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

No worries ;-)



Reviews

Given the gift to hold on something powerful, would you keep it for yourself or would you share the blessings? Good question raised here. The battle between Id and Ego.
This is wistful in nature yet hold truth.
I liked this very much. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your insightful review and thoughts Belle, much appreciated.
dreamy feel to reading this piece... how I pray no one can ever capture such beauty..for i think they would charge a very high price just for a glance...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I have to agree with you there, you always have those that missed 'sharing 101' in class, I love tha.. read more
Renée

11 Years Ago

my pleasure ! makes me want to go the beach and watch the sunset tonight..just in case some fool suc.. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Lol, you never know! ;-)
"If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do...is share it with you" Sunsets are certainly something meant to be shared...they are pretty enough from an individual perspective, but are magical when shared...lovely :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quinfinn

11 Years Ago

great "best of " album, he did. my fave is "lover's cross"...such a relevant tune for me......
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

When my brother was just a toddler, if we sang that song or played taps he'd go ballistic, start cry.. read more
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Haha that's not weird at all ;p I can reel off a couple of songs that actually scared me at a very y.. read more
I would share the the sunshine. I do my best to create laughter even with my pain in the butt job. I like the question and the good ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Pain in the butt job is when you certainly need your sense of humor, thanks John.
Here you see nature with a child's eyes and let your imagination leap.

Sunset in a bottle sould be so pretty to have and to keep, with all it's warmth and shine.

Thanks for sharing this lovely poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Divya
But have you ever dreamed of keeping the world in your pocket? I did. And I wrote my sentiments a poem. I guess sunset in a bottle is no different. Those are the simplest of things beautiful enough to leave a mark into out hearts which moments we hope to keep for the rest of our lives. Beautiful poem, Frieda :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Can't say that I have, that must a lovely dream, wonder what your subconscious had in mind? Well, m.. read more
Androglossia

11 Years Ago

It's not merely a dream. More like a sentiment. Here, try checking it out if you have time:
<.. read more
We are all different people on this earth with different experiences. Some would share the glow from the glass freely, others would be so traumatized by life they would hide it away as a medicinal or psychological treasure. Some think sunset in a bottle bears the label Jack Daniels BTW. :)

It is a deceivingly good question to ask and I think the answers from some would show a side to them others might not have expected.

Sunset in a bottle...Hm...We've had messages in bottles, ships in bottles and fruit in bottles...sure, why not? What a beautiful thing to share before the sun goes down. Good poem Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Hmmm, all interesting theories Relic....as always Poetry is taken from the readers perspective and w.. read more
Relic

11 Years Ago

haha, I stand corrected. You're welcome.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha
well, honestly, there could never be a bottle big enough...but we could take little rays of sunshine and mass market them into bottles of various sizes and shapes. maybe we could sell them at rock concerts? i had "time in a bottle " and "message in a bottle" whirling around in my head when i started reading but, you quickly dispersed those ridiculous notions with grace, love and logic. well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Quin the entrepreneur, how much you charging for a small hit, I mean bottle? ;-)
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

i would never charge you, my sweet
I might be selfish enough to keep it for myself, put it upon my mantle, and relish in it on the darkest of winter's nights.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sure, what about the rest of us left with no sunsets? ;-) Thanks for the read!
WhiteWillow

11 Years Ago

Oh, I thought it was my own personal sunset. Ok, if there was only one bottled sunset, I could be pe.. read more
If sunsets could be bottled they'd be sold.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Now, that would't be the charitable thing, would it? Thanks Marie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

730 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 19, 2013
Tags: sunset, goodwill, charitable

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..