Crushing Reminder

Crushing Reminder

A Poem by Frieda P

'Sitting, smoking, feeling high',
  reminders of an old tune once a serenade 
 pensive, remote,  distant
     thinking where to store emotions
              that make no sense
driving myself crazy,
       crushing spirit with dark mulberry wine
moments of silence
         a reigning shrill blast of insanity
playing sad songs to stir the pot,
           sweetness turned bitter         'am I dreaming?'
                  broken records that skip a beat
                           strumming strands of sadness
not enough strength to stand or cry,
                   just breath enough to inhale
smoky scenarios lingering in my head
               that exhale dusky ink remains of a posy





© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words make me think of the whole music biz, of how music is so fickle and fleeting, of how vulnerable musicians are, seldom knowing how they are doing .. and of how they trade in emotions. I am not sure I cld ever be like that because those emotions .. In a way songs are absolute nothings, yet they come to mean so much to us. Sometimes it is hard to live with them because they may upset us .. and even when we listen to them happily they remind us of our lost youth. Yet it is impossible to imagine life without them. You made me think and feel, not for the first time!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

If it made you 'feel' that's more than I could ever hope for...thanks Orlando,much appreciate your t.. read more


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Oh, I love that song...I can remember listening to it in the car at night on the way home from work. Anyway, aside from that...a sorrowful piece that is emotionally charged and flows like a river; smooth, and constant. Love the imagery and the powerful wording/phrasing that you have used. This was a 'gentle' write in that it did not try too hard to be anything except the brilliance that it was. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you Friday, humbled by your words here, much appreciate the sentiments.
Such sadness enveloped in this poem, but oh how many times I have felt this way.. Crushed to the bone. Love DMB's song, I can hear the inspiration there. This line gave me the chills!

crushing spirit with dark mulberry wine

Whenever I was down I would drink wine.. but do spirits lift the spirit or...?

Lovely write here hun.. still typing so I can listen to all of the song.. lucky you.. lol.

Love that guitar solo! Yes!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I think desperation turns us to the magic elixir, when there's nothing else to take the pain away..... read more
Ravyne Hawke

10 Years Ago

Yes, wine is good for the soul.. and you are most welcomed, Frieda =)
Listening to Dave after reading this...perfect.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Woo, the 'P' word, thanks so much Angi!
Angi

10 Years Ago

Hey, I was into the groove. Dave does it to me every time. My pleasure.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Now you sound like me... ;-)
First of all, that's a great song ;) Second, I like how the smoke wafted its melancholy path through your lines, lending to the illusory path your mind wandered.

CM

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Is that a cheeky monkey or a cheeky cow? ;-)
ChemicalMadness

10 Years Ago

I don't care, I hope one of 'em brought the fritos!
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Hahahaaha it's too early for fritos!
this is so atmospheric- I need a knife to cut it. The enormity of the impact on one's emotional state is briliantly portrayed. You should be be well "chuffed"!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

*smiling* here, I am now after that, thanks so much Paulo, much appreciate your visit and review of .. read more
Pól

10 Years Ago

np, Frieda, t'was a pleasure
You know, the sadness in this piece seems very personal, like that proverbial dark cloud has rested overhead again this night. Once more, your words flow brilliantly and fill my mind with so much emotion, but this day that emotion is perhaps a little bit of sad and a little bit of bewilderment. We have to take what we are given and decide how to use it best. Your piece poses a lot of questions, even though it doesn't come right out and ask them. We don't always have answers to these questions readily at hand, but if we keep our eyes and our minds open, someday we just may find them. very nice my sweet friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ah yes Jack, you read me so well...I still love that song though. Sad & bewildered, that's in a nuts.. read more

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2004 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..