Last Night's Fancy

Last Night's Fancy

A Poem by Frieda P

...i wish my pen could capture last night's fancy,
flight of divergent apparitions took my breath away
hallucinations of a dream so real it made me weep
for i saw your face high above the clouds
you appeared as an angel with chimerical wings,  
in their flutter released thousands of butterflies
each one carried a smile of incandescent light
promised posies of an altered moment & space
where poetry becomes reality traced on lofty clouds
amidst trances of tranquility & enchanted frivolity
so here i await on ink's flow with a fool's faith
of glinting endings and freshly burnish'd beginnings...

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are those moments and dreamy escapes that the pen can't capture its essence and glory especially when it is about a special one in our lives. The time and space are surely altered for they reside in a different reality than ours. I think you have been touched by the transcedental nature of the spirit realm and you are feeling like a butterfly in the azure skies...Thank you for sharing ...:)......................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

What a luverly review Sami, thanks so much for your sweet sentiments.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:)....................



Reviews

I am currently reading Mitch Alboms's First Phone Call From Heaven and you're poem just captured the beauty and peacefulness that we all need to believe cradles our loved ones. You have expanded your imagery to include an angel and in that moment I felt the shift of heartache to wonder if only for a moment. It is a beautiful poem Frieda and it brings comfort to anyone who has lost someone that they love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


My dear friend, I've been reading this piece for the last fifteen minutes and am still struggling to put into words all the things that are running through my head. If you could see my face now, you would know what I mean. I can only say this: hallucinations are not this vivid...she's in a good place, and she wants you to know that. You know I would not say such things "just to cheer you up"...I would not throw these words around idly...xo

Posted 10 Years Ago


The intertwining of the writer's faith in a surrealistic sense of what that writing actually is, what it beautifies, is captured here. I feel as though I am caught between the rafters of sheer faith and goodness somewhere, in that poet's dream which we all enter. It is a dream that drips melancholy at the end of each final statement. A perfect capturing of what the actual meaning of poetry is, which is scarcely put into words despite all of the writing that we emit, often on a daily basis. I feel as though I am enamored by this thing, this orb of that moment which I can hold, which I can keep close to me, as the rest of the writing flies by with statements that close and open that beauty. That one golden piece of meaning that is in every piece is captured in this one poetic statement. That one flitting beauty . . .

Posted 10 Years Ago


It appears that your pen is well versed in how to capture and translate on to page the dreams of the poet.
I love this poem> Trace

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think this is the greatest struggle for all writers, awaiting the ink's flow, with a fool's faith. We all want to capture 'the moment' perfectly, so that others may share in its glory. The images evoked by the last line are lovely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


In dreams, we see the most beautiful possibilities... alternate shadows of a sort. You have penned that dream here, Frieda, and captured the fancy...

"where poetry becomes reality traced on lofty clouds" - A line that should be inscribed above your door, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'd love to have a dream like that

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sometimes a dream can seem so real. Loved ones come to us and speak lacy lines that comfort us....till we awaken of course. I was in the Key West butterfly conservatory this week. I thought of you while I was there, Frieda....truly. Our loved ones have morphed as the catepillar does when the butterfly emerges. Remember, a butterfly lives only about 6 weeks, but the beauty it brings stays with us always. Yes, my friend, there is a poetry to reality....truly there is. The lyrical loveliness of your words proves that. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your lovely review Lydi, I love that you thought of me as well, muchly appreciate.. read more
Death brings no release for the living. You return to imbibe the essence of the Cafe and provide it with the hum of artistry!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You humble me John, thanks muchly for your kind words my friend.
We cannot capture loveliness with words...or on canvas...or even with a camera...

Sometimes memory is all we have.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sadly true Marie.....thanks.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1845 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Angel Black Angel

A Poem by s y e