~ diabolical dreams

~ diabolical dreams

A Poem by Frieda P

my diabolical dreams

haunting me whilst awake

screaming in head's deliverance 

venturing into comic disbelief 

mind ticks of dread'd consciousness

truth comes in nightmare's relief



© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I couldn't help but equate the dream you speak of to a common misery we all brave through some time or another, which is the sorrow from the aftermath of a heartbreak. Truth comes when the nightmare ends and you are able to evaluate things rationally for what they truly are.
Terrifying nonetheless how nightmares are often as real as our dreams, and how they manipulate our judgment very easily.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I like where you took this one Tai, thanks for your thoughts.



Reviews

Nightmares...unfortunately they exists whether we are sleeping or not. There are nightmarish events unfolding everywhere, in broad daylight. But as far as the while asleep nightmare, It is what causes these nightmares in the first place that scares the hell out of me. The mind stores these horrific events, even if we don't remember then happening, our minds remind us over and over again that perhaps our life is not exactly what it seems.

Frieda, my sweet friend, you take words and phrases and place them out for us to see and decipher. You paint fabulous pictures in our minds, regardless of what it is you are writing about, it is as if we are there with you, facing these nightmares, chasing butterflies, hell...dancing alone. You touch each and every one of us with your exquisite talent. You are an artist my friend and your style is so unique, so different and so damn amazing, you blow me away with everything you write. This little poem here, a mere 6 lines is enormous in its message and its emotion.

100 sweet dreams starting right now

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Jack, you always slay me with your glowing reviews, muchly appreciated.
Nightmares as relief.. think I need to go read some children's books, like Bambi or something.. not trying to be funny, cause I understand (as best as someone can from a distance) where these daymares come from and Frieda, you truly do allow us to more deeply understand what all this means for someone to go through. You bring us in shouting: LOOK GODDAMNIT and it is only someone with no heart or humanity who would turn a blind eye... this is an artist's gift Frieda and you give it openly beceause you understand that poetry and your life makes us all more human. I love you for this Frieda,from the deepest parts of my heart... I also hate just as deeply that you or anyone must struggle to endure, but more overcome these day/night mares... my favorite line: screaming in head's deliverance.... Bambi here I come... ~~ redzone

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You made me smile with that Bambi remark, you're sweet Curt, will have to remember that next time th.. read more
Awesome poetry chica.Sometimes the nightmare exists even when we are awake :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Grazie pazzo....jazz'd you enjoyed, and yes so true. :-)
Yeah, dreams are Bizzaro-Land!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Stevens

10 Years Ago

She wrote a book based on all the things wrong with me!
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I know she gave me a signed copy....
Michael Stevens

10 Years Ago

You might want to hang on to that, it could be worth the money you'd get for recycling it in the fut.. read more
Great use of words. I wanted to read more. I like this type of poetry. Allow the reader to fall into the words and want more. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Coyote.
I love the title and really what I love about your writing is, you write on various subjects and this one is so connected to everyone...and this is one of my favorite songs, girl you have great taste of music...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Awh thanks Amos, I thought so too about the music, ;-) love music, and usually hear it in my head wh.. read more
Many nightmares are based on truth....unfortunately.....and when we awake, they don't seem to disappear. They lurk in the darkened corners of life and are all too real. That song is certainly the perfect accompaniment to your psychologically charged poem! Good one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Indeed they do Lydikey, thanks so much for your kind words.
Dreaming while youre awake...sigh. It has to be hard enough when the night is torment. But when we see the same things in our minds eye every day as well...thats a kind of hell. Like a macabre roller coaster ride you just want to get off of....but the carny running it has gone on a permanent break. Phew...

This hurts to read.... xo

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Red, always appreciate your continued support my friend. xo
Frieda, you never cease to amaze me with your work! (And I feel honored to be the first commenter, haha). It really sounds as if you're talking about a living hell here, like someone with mental illness or just horrific life circumstances would experience.

"screaming in head's deliverance/venturing into comic disbelief," kind of plays with the notions that the only way to feel relief from pain is to avoid it, or talk about it - as well, the madness of life can feel like "comic disbelief," as you put it.

And just as frightening are the last two lines, "mind ticks in dread'd consciousness/truth comes in nightmare's relief," as if there are no escapes from your state of being, asleep or awake. It's as if the nightmares are always there, always real, and thus always confronting you.

And yet...the one hope comes from just the fact that you've written this; I certainly hope that it's ultimately therapeutic for you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow Eric, thanks so much for this glowing review, I'm humbled by your words, wasn't sure if this wou.. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1061 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Reflection ~ Reflection

A Poem by s y e


Skies Skies

A Poem by MsJewel


~ Outcast ~ Outcast

A Poem by s y e