Magpie Madness

Magpie Madness

A Poem by Frieda P

Madness loom'd overhead
   like an over eager magpie
      circling  pleasure's pain,
 breathing in the poison headiness
     of feather-less flights 
         in indiscretion's consumption,
 closing in to pluck the decay,
  under skin's frustrated blight
    carrion of a ravag'd heart it did consume 
            suck'd the afflicted remains
                  of vulturous destruction
  pecking blind eyes in testimony
                of  dispirited manifestations   

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Look who is coming to the dark side?! Mwahahaha!!! Perhaps we should have a club. :P

I love this, Frieda! I could really feel the destruction looming in this write. xo :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I bounce around from light to dark, and back again...ha. What's the name of this club? Thanks so m.. read more
Madalyn Beck

9 Years Ago

Oh, yes! By the way, I forgot to mention how much I love this song by Halestorm. Also, I think I nee.. read more
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Yes you were, you got sidetracked by that kerfuffle on the cafe me thinks ;)
Every single work of yours is a study case as various shades of your moods, this was dark yet your signature elegant crafting of words always surprised your reader...simply marvelous!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You humble me with your kind words A, grazie mille my friend!
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my dear
Very dark this one Frieda, the magpie preys and feasts on the emotions of weak. When the defences are not strong enough to resist temptation/lure. They are vane little birds.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

So I've heard, don't even know why Magpies came to me, I was out shopping for a new coffee pot, than.. read more
oh the magpie .. sneaky little thieves they are .. i read the wages of sin in this one Freida .. we kid ourselves to destruction while partaking ... sighhhhhh!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Stellar song to go with this dark and twisted madly sexy write. Yes, sexy - what can I say? I am twisted.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beware the magpie who misses nothing... must be the extra eyes he's collected... You use nature wonderfully in your poetry, Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ah the magpie, an image we've both been acquainted with in the past...and pleasure's pain...it such a fine line between the two so often...aside from those observations I'm at a loss for words as I usually am having read a new poem from you...you are amazing Mrs.R...I feel the emotion of these words in my bones, which probably doesn't surprise you...I know where you're coming from, and I can only sigh and sympathize...again, amazing work as always..xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


As always, you have quite a way of words; to depict this sort of violent, or perhaps persistence, with such clarity. I tried to pick out a line that I particularly liked, but it all honestly drew my attention. I find it interesting that you use a magpie of all birds; they are such bullies! This actually reminded me of a (very) short shorty by Franz Kafka, called "The Vulture".

++++++

A vulture was hacking at my feet. It had already torn my boots and stockings to shreds, now it was hacking at the feet themselves. Again and again it struck at them, then circled several times restlessly round me, then returned to continue its work. A gentleman passed by, looked on for a while, then asked me why I suffered the vulture.

"I'm helpless," I said. "When it came and began to attack me, I of course tried to drive it away, even to strangle it, but these animals are very strong, it was about to spring at my face, but I preferred to sacrifice my feet. Now they are almost torn to bits."

"Fancy letting yourself be tortured like this!" said the gentleman. "One shot and that's the end of the vulture."

"Really ?" I said. "And would you do that?"

"With pleasure," said the gentleman, "I've only got to go home and get my gun. Could you wait another half hour?"

"I'm not sure about that," said I, and stood for a moment rigid with pain. Then I said: "Do try it in any case, please."

"Very well," said the gentleman, "I'll be as quick as I can."

During this conversation the vulture had been calmly listening, letting its eye rove between me and the gentleman. Now I realized that it had understood everything; it took wing, leaned far back to gain impetus, and then, like a javelin thrower, thrust its beak through my mouth, deep into me. Falling back, I was relieved to feel him drowning irretrievably in my blood, which was filling every depth, flooding every shore.

Posted 9 Years Ago


OH MY....this one scared the bejeeesus out of me, Frieda! Someone's been indiscreet and now their eyes will be pecked out? Those who rejoice in another's pain will suffer eventually....I believe in karma. Such an intense write! Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

794 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014
Tags: indiscretion, poison, heartbreak, madness, magpie, manifestations, consumption

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos