midnight illusions ~

midnight illusions ~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

...

"

Most nights she dances alone

   with the maniac in her head

       prancing about allusion's shadow

                   on a wing and a song

     daylight scorches twirling freedom's feathers

          asylum harbors taunting deceptions

                  blistering of sun's betrayal 

          clear night vision through midnight hours

 captivated by gray spatters bliss'd oblivion, 

         alluring sting of cloak'd daggers

              with her sword, she slays the dragons

                 illusion's surrender set free

                      wrapped in delusion's ecstasy

          

dancing faster to catch up............

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this poem the metaphors are amazing and the imagery really takes me places.

clear night vision through midnight hours
captivated by gray spatters bliss'd oblivion,
alluring sting of cloak'd daggers
with her sword, she slays the dragons

These lines took my breath away.

The contrast between day and night or light and dark are what speak to me most...almost like the night hides all the pain that the day brings so at night she is free.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You read me well, thanks so much for your visit and review Jessica.



Reviews

What a great poem, it was amazing. Nicely penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Most nights she dances alone

with the maniac in her head

That is so hilariously depressing

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am a poet as well as a dance.. and i loved the touch of it in this poem of yours.. the allusion and fantasies to which she dances are brought to light by the betraying sun. :) we try to tap the maniac in us but about time it gets free.. Thanks for the wake up call Freida :)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great video and powerful poetry. Flash dance is one of my favorite movies. The poem create situation where beauty dances into ecstasy and wild places and vision. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


The song really set this up well Frieda...marvellous!

The Maniac in all of us just needs the time of day to be released. We walk in the day with the weight of the world on our shoulders and at night we just want that release. (im usually too tired though)

regards
Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love your metaphors with the light and dark! It's really easy to make them explicit, but you made them implicit...the daytime makes it easy to see everything the heroine wants to run away from, hence at night she dances away her pains under dark covers.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You have some great choice in metaphor in this one; especially as the poem progresses--although my favourite was on the third line, Allusion's shadow, great description!
On the fourth line, I am thinking that you could drop one or both of the 'a's
Not sure if on the ninth line, if it should be spatter's or not; I can see it going either way, although the apostrophe makes more sense to me.
All in all, you do a great job of crafting a dynamic piece which really juxtaposes the darkness of night with the glow of passion.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Really i thoroughly enjoyed reading it......."clear...........
...............................oblivion" amazing.........

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am enjoyed and related to this...I am poet and a dancer!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Not a dance of joy or a partnered tango, but a frenzied attack on her daytime demons... Outstanding allegory, Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1812 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..