pressed sentiments 'tween colorless pages ~

pressed sentiments 'tween colorless pages ~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_

"
 
pressed  sentiments 'tween colorless pages
   of unknown origin's sublimation
requiem for affection's last breath
  ceremoniously done asunder
in dirges of dishonest death marches
  lamenting in disenchanted melancholic blues
threnody's last rhyme of lamentation's burial site



© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love pressing flowers.. i have done it manuy times. But the flowers gifted by someone special are of great value.. ,"requiem of affections last breath"- yes these phrase wrenced my heart!! We love when they bloom but when the aroma is gone, pressed under the pages they are copses.."in dirges of death's dishonest marches"- gods!! Freida this one really depicts the burial of a relationship.. thank you for sharing such an effective piece.. You really write out of this world ;)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You're too kind Sophy, you humble me, doing the happy dance to your review. :)
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

:).. ohh wow.. keep dancing babes...
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

:).. ohh wow.. keep dancing babes...



Reviews

Another amazing poems. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is even beauty in the endings of things. This is melancholy but in a way that makes you take a deep breath and thank the gods for the day. You write so eloquently. This one touched me deeply.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ok, this one is depressing. Beautiful as only you can do it...but the last line got me. That line came out of left field to take my winged heart that flies with your words and set me down on a gravestone....very unexpected landing, dear friend....

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is quite beautiful. Great work Frieda

Posted 9 Years Ago


Your words leave behind a wisp of a memory, a sweet note that lingers... Really liked the images you painted here, Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Short, and so full of images and meanings, like opening a book, and finding a pressed flower between the pages of an old book, the mystery of who left it there, what did it mean to them. Much to ponder in this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There's something about this poem that made me very calm, but also got me excited.
This poetry was very unique and lovely.
I loved it very much :)
Keep writing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful words, beautiful sentiments....just beautiful Frieda.

Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


KOKYTOS (or Cocytus), the river of wailing, was one of the five rivers of the underworld and its god. what about using Kokytus in the last line instead of "lamentation's" since it has the same meaning as threnody .. which is a word i love .. (just a thought) your poem is such a mixture or ordinary and mysteries ... pressing flowers and old world requiems and dirges ... and always the music ...the wonderful blues this time!! i enjoyed trying to digest this short and layered poem Freida! thanks for posting it!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Once again it was one of those moments when pearls came out of your eyes and made a beautiful garland through this poem :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Space Space

A Chapter by Matching Socks