Seeing the Illusion

Seeing the Illusion

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

The first step in life is to see how terribly deceived we have been.

"

Seeing the Illusion

            From what I have observed, this world consists of nothing but misery, for the person that lives poorly in this world. Everything that exists in this world deceives the man that is willing to buy the lie. Food, the next break from work, materialism, sex, satisfaction in accomplishments �" every pleasure imaginable causes a man to be involved in a world called fiction. Man makes vast investments in what he loves so he can be happy; however, these investments only produce dissatisfaction and misery in the end. The situation resembles a man spending his money for what looks like a delicious piece of strawberry cake. When the man cuts a piece of the cake and places the delicious treat into his mouth, he tastes Styrofoam, and he loves it. Soon the man comes to his senses and realizes what a foolish investment he made, yet he spends more of his money to taste this same treat. Although the person may be deceived by reality, he chooses to be tricked by his own desires. I know this because I once deceived myself.

            I am your every day average person, hoping that someone will reach out and save me from myself. Maybe someone will take the time and show me what it means to be sane, not to live in your own virtual reality. Perhaps a person will arrive on the scene, so I can see what it means to live life. Until then, I am lost.

            Every man lives in his own delusions unless he has found the way. Each lost man builds his own reality and decides himself what truth means. Not only will the man build his own reality, but he also protects it with his own lies or in his eyes �" truth. The job for every man requires him to shatter his own illusions in life, so he can finally live out life. However, the man cannot destroy his own illusions by himself; he needs somebody’s help. You need a higher perspective because every man becomes blind to his own illusions. This becomes our continual job in life.



© 2011 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

217 Views
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on July 28, 2011


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz