Chapter I

Chapter I

A Chapter by thisandthat

There are three ends.


The first end

Some would say the easiest, others the hardest and they would both be right. Because with the inexhaustible power of youth one can only assume there is no end. There is, and it’s coming slowly but surely.


The second end

The world is in awe. That’s the place I aspire to be in. All looking in wonder towards something unknown. Heavy, horrid, hard. That’s what makes it special. You’re done, no more. Only you and others in admiration. That is, if you keep them in your thoughts. 


Last end  

The first two are part of a mindset but the last collides with the physical world. One that we can be certain to touch. Firmly believe we did so, without being wrong. Death comes for all.


CHAPTER I


Lisa looked around. The world was a blur. As it is supposed to be when euphoria strikes. Her hands clenching tight the cause of her frenzy. An otherwise meaningless piece of paper if not for the name. That is the power of names and their sound. 

She woke up.


Their passion was ablaze. Her sweet breath smelled of freshly torched cannabis. Her lips were soft and hot. Her naked body pressed tight against him going up and down in a rhythmic fashion. The air that left their lungs constructed a song of passion, lust, love. Elle was going faster. His breath was getting heavier. Until the absolute meaning of life came to existence. But once it came it quickly left leaving them sweaty, puffed up and at the same time more relaxed. She smiled at him, grabbed her pipe and took a deep drag. When fire touched the green herb red ashes rose from the smoke and for a moment time stood still for her. She was happy and careless. Those were the drug effects that appealed to her. 

When she turned around, he whispered, ‘I love you’.

She replied in an even lower voice, ‘I love you too’.

He woke up. It had just been a dream. His arm loose around Elle. Her head tilting against his shoulder. Eyes closed shut and white hair flowing down her pale, slender neck. Every once in a while the car would come across a bump,  her position would slightly shift and her leg would brush gently against him. The car was being driven by Martin with Luke at the seat beside him, but they didn’t matter. He and Elle were alone at the back.


She had been so happy and yet now she did not know why. Lisa thought while staring at the ceiling. She heard a thump and the will to rise immediately drained from her. Her parents had just returned home.


The sun hadn’t come up yet but he was not surprised by his sudden waking. He had always had troubles with sleeping while traveling. And the world stayed the same more often than not, as did he.


The green plant. A small tulip. Giving the room a warm glow. Sunlight shining over it. Lisa looked at it for a little while, as she had done a hundred times before, but thought nothing of it. She got up, sat down at her desk. Picked up her pen and started writing. She aspired to be a novelist. Her short stories already in the school newspaper. The lines were swirling, twirling and curving. Revealing the title “Why not?”.




                           



© 2013 thisandthat


Author's Note

thisandthat
I wanna know what you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's an intriguing beginning. I really enjoyed the preface of the "three ends." It gives a philosophical light to it all. However, I'm kind of confused about the chapter itself. They're having sex in the dream, okay. But where are they in reality? What are they doing? Where are they traveling? How are they traveling? Why are they sleeping together?
My mind is filled with questions, and while that is a good thing because it can motivate the reader to continue reading, sometimes when you overwhelm the reader with unknown information or confusing ideas, the reader just doesn't know whether to go on to figure out the answers, re-read to try and figure out what you just said, or to give up because it's so confusing.
I think the chapter holds a lot of potential, but I also think that you should try to read the chapter from a non-personal POV and see how you understand it all. Assume the reader doesn't know anything, so that you need to explain every new thing out to him/her because otherwise they'll be lost...
I hope this helps. :)
Sylvia.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thisandthat

10 Years Ago

Thx for the review. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll return and try to rewrite to make it clearer.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

It's an intriguing beginning. I really enjoyed the preface of the "three ends." It gives a philosophical light to it all. However, I'm kind of confused about the chapter itself. They're having sex in the dream, okay. But where are they in reality? What are they doing? Where are they traveling? How are they traveling? Why are they sleeping together?
My mind is filled with questions, and while that is a good thing because it can motivate the reader to continue reading, sometimes when you overwhelm the reader with unknown information or confusing ideas, the reader just doesn't know whether to go on to figure out the answers, re-read to try and figure out what you just said, or to give up because it's so confusing.
I think the chapter holds a lot of potential, but I also think that you should try to read the chapter from a non-personal POV and see how you understand it all. Assume the reader doesn't know anything, so that you need to explain every new thing out to him/her because otherwise they'll be lost...
I hope this helps. :)
Sylvia.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thisandthat

10 Years Ago

Thx for the review. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll return and try to rewrite to make it clearer.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013


Author

thisandthat
thisandthat

San Francisco, CA



About
Not much to tell. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Story by thisandthat


Regret Regret

A Story by thisandthat