Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by thisandthat

Chapter II

                Death comes for all. In every culture it is known. Even for soft hearts and ones as cold as iron. You fall into darkness and can never see the light again. Not ever.


Lisa was slowly walking towards her school. Golden leaves were falling and dancing in the wind. The gutters were full of them, crunching under her feet. The monotonous sound always followed her but was drowning in the vast silence. She had always liked autumn. To her it was peaceful, full of quiet and left her to her thoughts. She was nervous. That was the day she had to hold a speech at her high school called ‘Falltown highschool’. It’s one of the two in her small island town. The bigger one though. With every step she took she felt more nauseaus and it was likely the felling wasn’t going to stop. She looked up at the sky. It was dark, you couldn’t even see the outlines of the clouds. It looked as if they were just a big grey mass. She could tell it was going to rain later and felt lighter because of it. She liked the rain, it was calming. The constant tapping of drops seemed to relax her. As she was gazing upward she heard a voice calling out to her.

‘Lisa! Wait, I’ll walk with you’

It was her childhood friend Tamy. She was a small girl but a cute one. She had black hair, as black as it gets but she could always light up the room, at least for others if not for Lisa. Her delicate face was wearing a smile as she was hurrying towards her.

‘Hey Tamy, what’s going on?’, Lisa said.

‘Nothing, just haven’t seen you for a while. That’s all. So what’ve you been up to. You nervous about the speech?’

‘Well, I’m not nervous about the speech. It’s what comes after I’m worried about.’

Tamy frowned and asked ‘What?’

‘Well my friend invited me to this ‘place’ after school but i don’t know if I should go.’

‘What kind of place?’

‘I don’t know. I’ve never been there but according to her… It’s pretty good.’

‘Don’t worry, If she’s a good friend I’m sure you’ll like it.’

‘I suppose so…’, she sighed and ended their conversation.    


They were walking for about five minutes when they came to a bus stop. She took a deep breath and put in her earphones. Opened her notebook to write a few lines she was thinking off but the bus came to quickly. She got in and had to stand because there weren’t any seats left. She burried her face in her hands and just stayed that way for a while.

     This is nice. I wonder what would happen if I just refused to move forever. Just stood still until time itself took me. Probably nothing.

The driver opened the door and she got out.


Everyone was clapping. Time had finally caught up with her. It had stood still while she was reading her carefully prepared speech. Last year she had been the best freshman in the whole school so it fell on her and two other kids to say some words and mean some things. She was slowly walking off the little stage her school had. She could see her parents watching and putting their hands together proudly.

I think this is more important to them than it is to me.    


She was waiting in front of the school. Her classes were long done but she still stood there expecting her friend Zoey. She had only recently met her and was promised a surprise today. They were going to  ‘a special place’,  as she liked to call it. 

 She had expected to see her leaving the school but instead she spotted her on the other side of the road. She wore all black, an indie band t-shirt, a dark long coat and pants. The only thing that stood out was her pale skin and cherry red hair.  

   She wears those clothes without a second thought. I could say that I wish I were like that and would be…right.  

She waved at her.


 

 


© 2013 thisandthat


Author's Note

thisandthat
I wanna know what you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013


Author

thisandthat
thisandthat

San Francisco, CA



About
Not much to tell. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Story by thisandthat


Regret Regret

A Story by thisandthat