Blackmail and Secrets

Blackmail and Secrets

A Chapter by Gaby
"

Delilah Jones learns a very interesting secret about Jake Evans. After considerate thought, she promises not to tell anyone on one condition.

"

Hey There, Delilah

 

     "Hey, it's that one girl. What's her name again, something with a 'D'?"

     "Who, her? That's Delilah Jones! I know she isn't a big shot here, but everyone knows her as the loner here."

     "Now I remember! Yeah, I've heard about her. God, it must seriously, like, suck to be her, huh?"

     "Yeah, glad I'm not her."

     I ignored the gossip as I continued down the very crowded hallway, getting bumped into here and there. It was always the same every day. People would talk about me and I just ignored them. It's not like I even cared about what people thought. I was only here to get out of school. That's what my parents wanted from me. Graduate high school at the top of all my classes and then go straight to college and become a doctor, even if that wasn't what I wanted for myself. But just as long as my parents were happy, then I was fine.

     I adjusted the strap of my backpack and continued to walk to class. I was a few feet away from the door when I suddenly walked into something that sent me to the ground.

     "Ow," I mumbled as I sat up and rubbed my back.

     "Watch where you're going, loner," someone said to me.

     I looked up to see Jake Evans, the hottest and most popular (not that I thought that) guy at West Coast High School. I mentally scowled as I tried to pick up my books I had dropped.

     "Hello, aren't you going to apologize," Jake asked, glaring down at me. By now I was aware that pretty much everyone was staring at the two of us.

     I sighed as I stood up with my things. "Why should I apologize? You were the one that bumped into me," I said, walking past him.

     "Hey, don't talk to Jake like that! It was your fault so apologize!" someone (probably a fan girl of his) yelled.

     I turned around to look at him. "I don't need to. Plus, who cares? So we bumped into each other. I have better things to do than apologize for something that isn't my fault." I then walked to class, ignoring the glares that were being passed my way.

...

     When school was over, I walked over to the library to finish the homework I was assigned that I had yet to finish. But on the way there, I was stopped by a mob of girls.

     I sighed, still annoyed from today's earlier events. "Um, could you move?" I asked, trying to make my way around them.

     The girls formed a circle around me and glared. "So, I heard you shoved Jake on purpose." one of the girls said.

     "Look, I didn't do anything. It was all Jake's fault. Now could you move, I have to-" I started, but was interrupted.

     "Please, we all know why you did it! You might as well admit it," the 'leader' of the group said.

     I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Admit what?"

     "That you only did that to get his attention. We all know you just wanna go out with him. It's written all over your pathetic face."

     "Okay, let's get one thing straight. I do not like Jake. And I wasn't trying to get anyone's attention."

     "Yeah, right, but whatever. It's not like he would ever go out with you. He has a reputation to uphold, you know? And going out with you would only destroy it."

     "Right? I totally agree. He only goes out with girls that are 'it.' You? Not even close."

     I tried my best to ignore them so they would hurry up and leave, but then the leader of the girls walked up to me and pushed me to the ground.

     "Don't ignore us! God, you are so annoying! This is why no one likes you! You always think you're better than everyone else!"

     I just sat there on the ground, staring staring hard at the ground.

     "C'mon, let's go. We're wasting our time on this worm."

     They then walked away, leaving me on the ground. I silently grabbed my things and made my way to the girl's restroom that was by the music room. On the way there, I thought about what just happened.

     So, they think I did all of that on purpose, huh? And they think I did it becuase I wanted attention from him of all people?! Well, then, I'll show them! I'll get my revenge on Jake Evans and show everyone here what an A-hole he really is!

     As I continued to walk to the restroom, thinking up my plan for revenge, I passed the door to the music room. But then stopped at the door and quietly walked in.

     Is that music? It sounds so nice... I wonder who's singing? Maybe I should check...

     I kept walking until I was in the huge room that was filled with many instruments. But what I noticed right away was the singing. It sounded like a guy was singing his heart out. I decided to pay attention to what he was singing.

 

I couldn't sleep last night

I walked alone on the beach

Where we always used to go

When we couldn't hook up at home

 

     Okay, that voice sounded scary familiar. I continued to listen, hoping I could remember who it was that was singing.

 

When you were mine you know

We had it all in front of us

You were the one I was in love

But you always hurt the one you lost

I couldn't get enough

 

You were everything that's bad for me

Make no apologies

I'm crushed, black and blue

But you know I'd do it all again for you

 

     I was now slowly making my way toward the sound of the singing, desperately wanting to know who was singing so amazingly. I hid behind instruments of all kinds just so he wouldn't see me and continue singing. He had the voice of an angel... but he didn't sound happy at all. In fact, he seemed to be really sad.

     I was now crouching behind a piano. I slowly looked around it to see something I wished I hadn't. There, sitting on a stool with a guitar in his hands, was Jake Evans. I was completely caught off guard. So much so, that I accidentally shouted, "Oh my God!"

     Jake's singing ended immediately. He whipped his head around to stare at me while I just stood there with my hands clamped over my mouth, my eyes practically bulging out of their sockets.

     "What are you doing here," he shouted, jumping off the stool with the guitar in his hand.

     "Me? W-well... I-I was just-" I stammered, trying to form the right words.

     "Did you hear any of that just now," he asked, his face growing a bit pale.

     Actually, this was quite amusing.

     "Yeah, so what?" I stared at him, crossing my arms over my chest with an eyebrow raised.

     "Look, don't tell anyone. Got it?"

     "And what makes you think I'm just gonna obey you? You're the reason my life sucks right now! Why would I ever listen to you?"

     "What did I ever do to you?! What, are you talking about earlier? Okay, I'm sorry, something happened and I was pissed off. There, good enough for you?" Wow, he actually remember that far back? I must say that I'm thoroughly surprised.

     "Ha, that's not even close."

     "Okay, I'll do anything, just don't tell anyone!" he begged.

     That was when I got an idea. It was brilliant!

     "Okay," I said, smirking, "I promise not to tell anyone that you sing if you go out with me."



© 2013 Gaby


Author's Note

Gaby
Song: All Again for You by We The Kings. I DON'T OWN THE SONG! So, how did you like it? Was it good? I hope so. =P I don't know when I'll have the next chapter up (same for my other stories), but I'll try to get it up soon. Also! I'm looking for songs I can use in the story! If you have any suggestions then please tell me. It would help out a lot. I can't promise all of them will be in the story though. I'll have to listen to them to see if they relate with it. ^^ Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

she is freaking genius... every low life in the social chain at school dreams of getting payback but so very few do.... love it!!!! looking forward to more

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
I would do the same thing. >:D So brilliantly evil, I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2013


Author

Gaby
Gaby

CA



About
Hi, my name's Gabriella, but please call me Gaby. I'm 17, birthday's June 1st and am currently in high school. I don't like going outside much, read too much fan fiction, and tend to hate most peop.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby