And so Drama Begins

And so Drama Begins

A Chapter by Gaby
"

Jake and Delilah tell everyone in school that they're "dating", and Delilah isn't surprised to see everyone's completely shocked.

"

Hey There, Delilah

     The look on his face was priceless. I made sure to enjoy every second of it, too.

     “Wait, wait. You want us to date? What like a couple,” Jake asked, stunned.

     I clapped. “Oh, very good, you know what going out means! Pfft, what did you think I meant? Stupid. And we’re only faking it, so calm down.”

     He ignored the insult. “Why? What could you possibly get out of ‘dating’ me?”

     “Well, revenge, of course. I’m sick of everyone treating me like trash, like I’m nothing. I always ignore it, but what you did and cause today was my limit. So, I want you to ‘date’ me. I already know what you’ll be telling everyone tomorrow, so don’t worry about that.”

     He raised a brow. “And what would that be?”

     “The truth is, I’ve loved her since freshman year and ever since then, I just couldn’t seem to get her out of my head. All that crap I gave her was just a cover up so that no one would find out how I really felt. But after so long, I decided yesterday to ask her out. I’m really happy she accepted.”

     The whole table stared at us in shock after hearing what Jake had just said. Jake was looking away, his face a bit red, while I smiled up at him in the seat next to him. I was trying so hard not to burst into laughter.

     “Uh, well, I’m happy for you two,” Kyle, Jake’s best friend, said after a moment of silence.

     “Y-yeah,” one of his fan girls muttered.

     “Well, if you’ll excuse us, I want to spend some alone time with my boyfriend.” I continued to smile as I grabbed on to Jake’s arm like I actually loved him.

     We both sat up and walked out of the cafeteria towards the music room. The looks we got were too funny. I remembered yesterday and almost lost it.

Flashback

     “W-what?! You want me to say that? Hell no,” Jake exclaimed.

     “Of course I want you to say that! It’ll be totally embarrassing for you, and I’ll make sure to enjoy every second of it,” I told him, folding my arms and nodding.

     “And what makes you think I’ll actually say something that stupid,” he asked.

     “If you don’t say it,” I said, “then I’ll tell everyone that you sing. And I’ll make sure to be very convincing about it, too.”

     He scowled and looked away. I figured that was his way of admitting defeat.

     “Good, so memorize that by tomorrow. You’ll have to say it at lunch.”

     “Fine,” he mumbled quietly.

End flashback

     “Wow, you were good. I would have totally believed you,” I told Jake as soon as we were in the music room.

     He shrugged his arm through my grasp and walked to his guitar. “Whatever.”

     He sat down and started playing a few notes on it as I sat on a little stool next to a big piano. We stayed like that for a few minutes. Jake played his guitar while I listened.

     “You know, I hate to admit this, but you’re good,” I said to him.

     He stopped and looked at me. “What do you mean?”

     “I mean, you’re good at playing the guitar and singing. I’ll never understand why you don’t want people to know.”

     He lowered his gazed before he continued to play. It was a while before he answered.

     “I don’t let people know for a couple reasons. People at this school think that football is the s**t, which I kind of agree on, but to me, it isn’t everything. If they knew I played different instruments and sung, then I really don’t know what they’d do.”

     “And the next reason would be,” I asked him.

     “My dad would never approve. He’s the type of parent who says he wants the best for his kid, when in reality he just wants to brag about things. It pisses me off sometimes, but I can’t really do anything about it.”

     Wow, that was surprising. Our parents were exactly alike.

     I snorted and said sarcastically, “Gosh, our parents should meet up or something. I know they’d get along just fine.”

     He stopped playing his guitar again and looked up at me in curiosity. “You’re saying your parents are the same?”

     I nodded. “Yep, they always say that crap, that they ‘want the best for me’ and ‘want me to follow my dreams’ when they just want me to do what they couldn’t.”

     “And that would be,” Jake asked, still staring at me.

     “They want me to study to become a doctor. I don’t and never have wanted to be one, but I just want my mom and dad happy. They’ve done a lot for me, so I figured this would be a way to pay them back.”

     His eyes widened a fraction, “A doctor? Wow, must be tough trying to study for that sort of thing.”

     “It has been, but since I’ve been studying for it since the third grade, I kind of got used to it. It is a bit interesting, but it’s not something I want to spend my life doing. Oh well, I guess.” I shrugged, looking down at the ground, feeling a bit depressed.

     He continued to play his guitar again when he asked, “So what do you want to spend your life doing?”

     I was a bit surprised to hear him ask me that. “I’ve always wanted to be photographer. I really enjoy photography, it interests me. Well, more than being a doctor, at least.”

     I saw him nod a bit in understanding and we entered a silence once again.

     “Hey, that song yesterday, what was it called,” I asked after some time had passed by.

     “It’s called All Again For You by We the Kings. It kind of fit with the situation I was in.”

     “Will you sing it one more time,” I asked.

     He glanced up at me, but then looked back at his guitar. I soon heard the notes he was playing change into different ones and he soon started singing the familiar lyrics I had heard just yesterday.

     His voice was memorizing and I couldn’t help but shut my eyes, sway my head a bit, and listen to his voice more. But before I realized it, the song was over.

     I opened my eyes to see Jake looking sadly at the ground and before I could ask him what was wrong, the bell rang. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was time for fifth period.

     Jake and I sat up and he put his guitar back on its stand.

     “So, shall we walk to class, my darling,” I asked in a joking tone.

     “Sure, whatever,” was his reply as he walked to the door.

     I looked after him, but then caught up and grabbed onto his arm once he opened the door. We immediately got stares and weird looks by people as we walked to fifth period, the only class Jake and I shared.

     As Jake opened the door for me, I walked in to see everyone in their seats looking up at us. I mentally smirked and walked to the back of class, patting the desk next to me. Jake looked at it and reluctantly sat down beside me.

     After fifth period ended, everyone stood up to leave. I grabbed me bag and was about to pick up my books when Jake beat me to it. I stared up at him in confusion.

     “You do want people to be convinced that we’re dating, right,” Jake whispered to me.

     “Hm, okay, but I’m surprised you’re going with it,” I whispered back.

     “Hey, I’m just going along with what you told me to do. As long as it seems like we’re dating, you don’t complain and don’t tell anyone my secret. Got it?”

     I smirked. “I got it.”

     “Good, now where’s your next class?”

     “I have math sixth period.”

     “Oh, do you have it with Kyle,” Jake asked, looking down at me.

     “Yeah, I think I do. Why? Jealous?” I laughed.

     “I was just curious. Tell him I said hey, though,” Jake said as he passed my books to me when we arrived at my class door.

     “Sure thing.” I nodded, taking my books and turning to the door.

     “Wait up,” he told me as I was about to walk in.

     I stopped and looked up when he bent down and kissed my cheek. I stared up at him in shock when he pulled away and saw him smirking.

     “Just trying to convince everyone,” he told me as he walked away.

     I rubbed my cheek as I stared after him. “Just watch, you a*s, I’ll get you back.

     I walked into my math class and sat in the only available seat which was in the front of class. As I sat down, I put my bag and books, besides my math one, on the ground under my desk as the final bell rang.

     While the teacher discussed the lesson plan and everyone groaned and mumbled not so nice things, Kyle, who was apparently sitting behind me, tapped my shoulder.

     I turned around. “Yeah?”

     “So, is it really true, you’re dating Jake,” Kyle whispered.

     I smiled like if I was so happy to hear Jake’s name and nodded. “Yeah, it’s true. Oh, by the way, Jake said, ‘Hey’.”

     Kyle nodded and sat back in his chair. I faced the front and turned to a blank page in my notebook, ready to take some serious notes for the upcoming test this Friday.

     After class ended, people rushed out of the room as if it were on fire. I mentally rolled my eyes and packed up my things. That was when Kyle stood beside my desk.

     I looked up from my bag to him and smiled. “Something wrong?”

     “Nah, I just thought I’d wait for you. Jake might get mad at me if I’m not polite to his new girlfriend.”

     I laughed a little. “No, you don’t have to. You should just go, I’m about to leave anyway. But thanks.”

     “If you’re really okay with it.”

     I continued to pack up my things as Kyle walked out the door. When I sat up and was about to leave myself, someone came through the door.

     “Oh,” I said, stopping, “what are you doing here, Jake?”

     Jake looked at me and said, “I’m here to pick you up from class, what else?”

     Again, I was surprised by him, but I shook it off. “Sure, okay.”

     When we walked out of the room, Jake and I walked out of the school building and towards the library.

     “So, do you go to the library after school every day?”

     I nodded. “Yeah, I’ve got to study and finish up homework. My parents get upset if they know I have something I didn’t finish or study enough in.”

     “That’s too bad then. I was gonna ask if you wanted to maybe go see me at practice.”

     “Huh?” I looked up at him.

     “I have football practice today and apparently a lot of people were going, so I was gonna ask, but it appears you’re too busy.”

     “Oh… Well, I guess I could do my work there. And I can always go to the library after practice is over.”

     “Oh, so you’re going after all?” Jake looked down and smirked.

     “Shut up, I’m only doing this to convince everyone, okay?”

     He laughed. “Of course, why else would you go?”

     “But I have to warn you, I have no idea what the rules are to football. So don’t expect me to get it at all.”

     He stared at me in shock. “You live in the country, surrounded by football, and you don’t even know the rules?”

     “I’ve already told you that I have much more important things to concentrate on,” I retorted, a little embarrassed.

     “How about you watch practice, and if you have any questions you can just ask me later, okay?”

     “Sure.”

     I sat in the very back on one of the many bleachers outside. It was crowded by people and I could tell some were surprised to see me. I ignored their stares, though, and pulled out some English homework.

     “Oh, hey, Delilah, I didn’t expect to see you here, though I’m not surprised.”

     I looked up to Kyle once again.

     “Hey.” I smiled up at him.

     “Is it okay if I sit here,” he asked.

     I nodded and continued working when all of a sudden, screams erupted through the stands. I covered my ears and looked up from my book to see the players running onto the field. I looked through the players and soon saw one that had “Evans” written on the back.

     I looked at the field as practiced started and soon started working on my homework again. After my hand started to cramp up, I looked back up to see the players were doing a practice game. I put my elbow on my book and rested my head on my hand as I watched them play.

     “So, do you like football? Or are you here just because of Jake,” Kyle asked, looking over at me, a smirk on his face.

     “I came here to see Jake, though, honestly, I have no idea what the rules to football are. It kind of confuses me, so Jake thought it’d be a good idea to come watch.”

     “Oh, I’m surprised.”

     I gave a little smile. “That’s what Jake said.”

     Then, suddenly, the crowd started cheering again. When I looked over to the field, I saw that Jake had apparently made a touchdown. They all seemed to be excited because of it. I shrugged it off and started my work again.

     After practice seemed to have ended for the day, I packed my things and made my way down the steps. When I reached the bottom, Jake called out to me. “Hey, Delilah!”

     I stopped and stared out at the field to see Jake running up to me, but the fence between the bleachers and field got in his way.

     “So, what did you think,” he asked, resting his arms on the top of the fence, still panting a bit from practice.

     “Well,” I started, “I still don’t get it, really. But it seemed like you were having fun.”

     “Is that so? I guess you’ll just have to come to more practice games.” he smirked.

     I rolled my eyes. “Sure.”

     He smiled and turned to leave, but before he could, I reached over the fence and kissed his cheek, even though his whole face was covered in sweat.

     He stopped dead in his tracks and looked over at me. I smirked. “Think of that as pay back for earlier,” I told him before I walked off, very pleased with myself.

     I walked through the doors of my house at about six o’clock to find my mother in the living room reading a book. She looked up at me through her glasses and scowled as she shut the book closed.

     “Where were you? It’s already six o’clock, young lady. You know the rules. Back home by five.”

     I stopped and said, “Sorry, Mom, but I just thought I‘d stay a little longer to study. There’s this big test and-”

     “You know the rules,” she repeated.

     I sighed, “Yes, sorry, Mom.”

     “Sorry doesn’t cut it. Do you know how worried I was?”

     I stared at her in disbelief. “You don’t look so worried.” Oops, wrong thing to say.

     She stared at me in shock and yelled, “Dan, come here!”

     A moment later, my father was by my mother’s side.

     “Talk to her, she’s obviously lost her mind,” she told my father as she sat back in her chair dramatically.

     And he, always taking the side of his precious wife, asked, “What have you done this time?”

     “Dad, it’s nothing, okay? I apologized already, so I’m just gonna go upstairs and-”

     “No, you apologize again to your mother this instant. So I can see you do it.”

     I sighed again and turned towards the door.

     “And where do you think you’re going, young lady,” I heard my mother ask me.

     “Out. I’ll be back later,” I replied, shutting the door behind me.

     They didn’t bother to stop me.

     I wandered around town and eventually ended up in a 711. I walked through the aisles and chose a small bag of chips and a candy bar. As I made my way to the cash register, a bell rang signaling someone had entered. I ignored it and paid for my things. When the man was in the middle of asking me if I wanted change back, I heard my name being said behind me.

     I looked over my shoulder to see Jake standing there in a pair of worn out jeans and an old sweatshirt that had ‘Stanford University’ on the front.

     “What are you doing here?” he asked.

     I told the guy behind the cash register to keep the money and lifted my bag of food up for Jake to see. “Just here to buy some food.”

     Jake stepped up to the counter. While the guy was busy scanning the food Jake bought, Jake looked over at me as I headed for the door.

     “Hey, where are you going,” he asked.

     I turned to him. “I don’t know, maybe the park?”

     He paid for his food and walked up to me. “The park? Why are going there right now?”

     I looked up at him, an eyebrow raised. “Why do you wanna know?”

     He lifted his hands in defense. “Just curious.”

     I shrugged. “Well, if you must know, my parents are being hysterical at the moment, so I have no desire to go home.”

     I made my way to the door and pushed it open. I stepped out to see Jake staring after me. I gestured behind me. “Care to come?”

     When we arrived at the park, I decided to go and sit on a swing. Once I sat, Jake stood behind the one next to me with his hands in his pocket while his bag hung through his right arm. I looked up at him and patted the swing next to me, “Why don’t you sit?”

     He shrugged. “Sure.”

     When he sat down, I pulled out my bag of chips, opened it, and ate some, glad to finally eat something after hours of just water and gross school lunch.

     I heard Jake chuckle beside me, “You seem hungry.”

     “I am,” I replied. “I haven’t eaten anything since lunch today at school.”

     “Why didn’t you eat when you got home?”

     “Because I didn’t get there until six and my parents freaked out. I wasn’t in the mood to deal with any of it, so I left. I bet they’re really gonna hound me for it later.”

     He chuckled again and then we fell into a silence. I swung back and forth slowly, almost done with my chips.

     “Hey, Jake,” I said after a while, “why don’t you sing again.”

     He looked over at me and I saw that he had a small scowl on his face.

     “Why do you insist on hearing me sing? It’s not like I’m very good at it. And besides, I don’t have my guitar with me.”

     I frowned. “Jake, like I’ve said before, you sing really well. I hate to admit it, really, I do, but you have some serious talent for it, enough talent that you don’t need a guitar or any other instrument when you sing.”

     He looked away and didn’t answer.

     “Fine, at least push me. I haven’t ridden on a swing in years.”

     “Why do you expect me to do that for you? You have two legs that aren’t broken. And besides, I don’t even like you. You’re blackmailing me, remember?”

     “Oh, Jake, blackmail is such a mean, cruel word. I like to use the term bribe.” I smirked.

     He narrowed his eyes. “Eat your food.”

     I rolled my eyes, but obeyed. I quickly finished the rest of my chips and moved on to my candy bar. Once I had finished that as well, I was feeling better. It wasn’t enough to truly satisfy me, but it was enough for now, at least.

     I stood up and threw my trash away. I turned back to Jake and called out, “Well, see you tomorrow.”

     He stood up and called back, “You’re leaving already?”

     “Duh, I’m tired, hungry, and there’s no point staying here with someone who refuses to do a simple thing like push me on the swing or sing. So, Jake, à plus,” I said as I turned away and waved.

     “H-hey, wait, what did you say?”

     I stopped and turned back to him. “It’s French for ‘see ya’. And what do you want? If I don’t go home soon, my parents may just call the cops.”

     “Then I guess you don’t want to get pushed on the swing.”

     I narrowed my eyes at him. “Fine, but just a few times, because I’m serious about my parents calling the cops.”

     He nodded and I walked over to the swing I had previously sat in. I grabbed the chain and he did the same. Then, he walked backwards, taking me with him, and pushed.

     “Damn, you’re heavy.”

     As I swung forward, I looked at him over my shoulder and stuck my tongue out at him. After a few more pushes, I was well over Jake’s head. The wind felt so great against my face since it had been hot today.

     As Jake continued to push me in silence, I decided to start a conversation again. “So,” I said as I started to descend lower from swinging, “before you said that you sung that one song yesterday because it ‘fit your situation’. What was that about?”

     A shadow seemed to have cast over his face when I looked over at him. Maybe that was something I shouldn’t have brought up?

     “It’s nothing.”

     “Jake, it’s obviously something.”

     “Delilah, it’s nothing that concerns you.”

     I folded my arms and got off the swing, “Fine, see you tomorrow for another day of torture.”

     As I turned to the entrance of the park, I didn’t see that there was something in front of me and I ended up flat on the ground after tripping over it.

     “Ow…”

     “Hey, are you okay? Man, you try to pass as smart, but you’re really just stupid, aren’t you,” Jake called behind me.

     “Shut up, you aren’t helping,” I told him as I sat up to inspect my knees. Sure enough, there was a scrape on my right one that was bleeding. I shivered.

     “Don’t tell me you don’t like blood,” Jake snorted as he crouched down to look at my bleeding knee.

     “I just don’t like the sight of it, is all. And to answer your earlier question, no, I am not stupid, I just tripped.”

     He rolled his eyes, “Then how do you expect to be a doctor? Are you just gonna stare at a patient gushing out blood?”

     I frowned. “I’m sure I’ll be used to it by then.”

     “Whatever you say, Delilah. Here, try to stand up and I’ll carry you,” Jake said as he was about to help me stand up.

     “Whoa, carry me? Does it look like I’m dying and need to token to a hospital? I’ll be fine,” I said as I stood up on my own.

     “Again, whatever you say, Delilah.”

     “I told you that I’d be fine. Can you just leave? If my parents see you then they’ll assume the worse,” I told Jake as he followed me to my house.

     “It’s already seven, and as much as I really don’t like you, I’m not just gonna send you home by yourself,” he replied to my protests.

     I sighed in defeat.

     As we approached my house, I turned to him and gestured for him to leave.

     “I’ll leave once I see you walk through the door of your house.”

     I almost screamed in frustration. “You are so damn stubborn, and not in a good way.”

     He shrugged. “I try.”

     I walked up to the front door and knocked. I shot a nervous glance at Jake, who was standing behind the fence that surrounded my house and then back to the door. A moment later, it opened to reveal my little brother, Daniel.

     “Sis, you came back! Mommy and Daddy said that you might never come back,” he said as he stared up at me with wide eyes.

     I smiled and picked him up. “I’m fine, and you know that Mom and Dad always over react with every little thing. It’s what probably annoys me the most about them.”

     He was in the middle of nodding when he must have seen Jake. I say this because he looked over my shoulder and his eyes went wide.

     “Who’s that? A stalker,” my little brother asked, pointing over my shoulder.

     I turned to Jake and started laughing.

     “Hey, I heard that,” he called to us.

     I closed the front door and walked to Jake, Daniel still in my arms.

     “Jake, this is my little brother, Daniel. Daniel, this is my… um, my-”

     Jake leaned over into Daniel’s ear and whispered, “I’m her boyfriend.”

     I could feel a small blush work its way to my face as I stuttered, “J-Jake!”

     Daniel looked at me at and cried, “But I thought Delilah was mine!”

     I smiled as I said, “Yes, yes, Daniel, I’m your older sister who’s gonna take good care of you once I get enough money to move out, okay?”

     Daniel nodded and smiled.

     “Now, say goodbye to the nice stalker, Daniel.”

     Jake scowled at me as I set Daniel on the ground, saying, “Goodbye, Mr. Stalker! Take good care of Delilah, or else I’ll have to beat you up.” And with that, Daniel ran inside.

     I smiled after him as Jake said, “I didn’t know you had a little brother.”

     “Yeah, he’s only in first grade and already the star student. He says he wants to be an astronaut one day, and I’ll make sure to do my best and support him.”

     “I also didn’t take you for being the protective older sister,” Jake joked.

     “Please, he’s way more over protective than I am. Didn’t you hear what he said? ‘Take good care of Delilah, or else I’ll beat you up.’ He was serious about that.” I joked right back.

     After we finished laughing, I said, “Well, I’d better go inside or else Daniel will say that I’m out here with a stalker.”

     Jake nodded. “Right, um, à plus?”

     I smirked, “Well done, you actually said it right.”

     “I’m just that good.”

     I rolled my eyes and reached up to kiss Jake’s cheek. He looked just as surprised as earlier.

     “You: one, me: two,” I laughed as I headed inside.

     “Oh, and thanks for walking me home, even though I said not to.”

     He nodded, and walked away. I stared after him until he walked around the corner and was out of sight.

     When I walked inside and closed the door behind me, Daniel came up to me and asked, “So, did you and Jake ‘make out’?”



© 2012 Gaby


Author's Note

Gaby
Okay, sorry for the really late update. Lot's have happened and I'm doing my best to get all of my stories updated. So I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
Also: I got how to spell "see ya" in French from Yahoo! Answers, so please don't blame me if it isn't correct.
I don't own "All Again For You" by We the Kings!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 29, 2012


Author

Gaby
Gaby

CA



About
Hi, my name's Gabriella, but please call me Gaby. I'm 17, birthday's June 1st and am currently in high school. I don't like going outside much, read too much fan fiction, and tend to hate most peop.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby