A massacred love

A massacred love

A Story by gauravpal

He was sure that it was her…almost! He walked briskly down the pavement, overtaking several other fellow pedestrians. She wore a white top and a flowing blue skirt. Her hair flew tantalizingly behind her as it used to all those years ago. He thought several times whether to call her but finally chose not to and turned his way around.

“John!” 
It was Scarlett. She had somehow seen him and recognized who he was. He turned with his heartbeat rising. They saw each other and smiled. Trying to hide his feelings of joy on seeing that she remembered him, he went up to her. She hugged him, something he wasn’t expecting. John, though his reason opposed him, suggested that they should go to his place and see just how magical a cup of coffee could be. She said she couldn’t agree more. She chucked her work for she thought that they had a lot to catch up. Neither of them could have realized that it was no less than a catastrophic idea until later that evening.

With freshly brewed coffee been served, they both started talking. It had been about twenty minutes since they had arrived at his place but still John didn’t lose his sunglasses. He didn’t want his eyes to betray him. As she spoke about her career in fashion technology he thought to himself whether he should remove those glasses.

“I can’t let Scar see my rage nor the numbness in my eyes.”

Though he was sitting just six inches away from her he could not comprehend most of the things she was talking about her “free-bird life”. He kept on looking intently towards her for hours as she spoke.  She held his arm, tried to find his eyes. He took a deep breath and looked at her hand, which had no ring.

“Do you usually wear your sunglasses inside your house?”

He smirked and while removing the glasses as he kept looking at her hand said “you are not married?” and then looked in her eyes. Her expressions changed all of a sudden. “Not yet.”
Completely out of the context of what she was talking about she asked “You didn’t tell anybody about it. Why?”


Ten years ago.

“John!” his brother, sitting in John’s restaurant called him. “Come. I want you to meet someone. This is Scarlett.”

John was soon deeply impressed with her for she appreciated John for being a free spirit, just like her, and for running his own business. He sat with both of them and talked for hours. What they talked about not only made them get to know each other better but was intriguing as well. It seemed as if none of them wanted to leave.

Months passed and John used to see both of them together almost every day. Scarlett had become very fond of John. She and Ned were together for quite some time now and he decided to ask her to marry him. Only John knew how unethical and difficult it was for him to have fallen for her.

“Hello?”

“Hi Ned. I need to meet you. It’s about Scarlett. I’m her psychiatrist.”

John tried to stop the lady on his brother’s phone but didn’t and pretended to be Ned.

He went to meet her the next day.

“Since when do you know Scarlett?”

“It’s been about a year. Why?”

“Do you know anything about her mother or her family?”

“No. Not really. Just that her mother died when she was very young and that she had no one else”
“Well, that’s not it. It has been about 2 years since she has killed her mother. She is suffering from an acute case of O.C.D.  What the major consequence of this is that she can’t let anyone dictate her, not for small or petty things but for some life changing decisions like in her mother’s case was about her career choice. ”

John didn’t say anything.

“Her mother wanted her to pursue medical but she wanted to go into the fashion industry. All of a sudden, one day, her mother went missing. After months of counseling and talks with Scarlett I came to the conclusion that she was behind it, but with no proof in they eyes of the law, I couldn’t do anything. ”

John straightaway went to Ned and told him everything. Ned refused to believe him. He popped the question anyway.

Scarlett was not ready for it and Ned was left instantly heartbroken. A fight ensued between the two. Ned was a settler but she wasn’t. Scarlett thought that this marriage would be a bad decision and a failure for her life, something that Ned could not tolerate. John had seen everything through the door. The next thing he knew, there was blood all over Scarlett. She knew that John was there but left without confronting him.

“I was in talks with your psychiatrist.”

“And that’s why you did nothing?” she said with astonishment.

 “Look me in the eye and tell me. Was it all because of my condition or it was something else?”

He looked at her. His adrenaline had reached its peak. He had never expected any reciprocation.
“It was because of you...” She got up in anger and started walking.

“… but I think that it’s well behind you for us to have a mature conversation now.” She said nothing and went to the restroom.

John was still sitting there.

She went up to him. His heartbeat was still pacing.

She stabbed him with a huge piece of glass thrice and turned his face towards her. He tried to stand up but failed and fell down. With the same pointed glass she ripped his chest open and started beating with a jar on the table to have his bones pulverized. She pulled out his heart and squashed it with her hands. She cried. She screamed. 

She bent, kept her hands on his head then kissed him on his blood-bathed lips.

 

© 2016 gauravpal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The idea behind this is great with the two brothers being involved with this flawed woman and the touch about the psychiatrist. However i feel that it would benefit from clarifying the action a bit -what is happening when and to who. Had Scarlett killed Ned? Did John not know what happened - you say he was there. Did his conversation with John about being in talks with her psychiatrist happen then or later? Did she really kill John? I presume that the final conversation and John's murder took place ten years later!
I think it just needs a few more hints in the narrative. Or maybe i'm just slow on the uptake!
I did enjoy it though -you have got a great idea.
Perhaps you would read my story 'volcano' - also a murder!
Thanks, alan

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gauravpal

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. The part written in italics is about what happened 10 years back. I'll rea.. read more



Reviews

The idea behind this is great with the two brothers being involved with this flawed woman and the touch about the psychiatrist. However i feel that it would benefit from clarifying the action a bit -what is happening when and to who. Had Scarlett killed Ned? Did John not know what happened - you say he was there. Did his conversation with John about being in talks with her psychiatrist happen then or later? Did she really kill John? I presume that the final conversation and John's murder took place ten years later!
I think it just needs a few more hints in the narrative. Or maybe i'm just slow on the uptake!
I did enjoy it though -you have got a great idea.
Perhaps you would read my story 'volcano' - also a murder!
Thanks, alan

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gauravpal

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. The part written in italics is about what happened 10 years back. I'll rea.. read more
Very nice story!
Keep it up!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I read this twice and was moved emotionally and on the edge of my seat. The way you add invitation for the audience to guess what will happen next and unexpectedly the ending throws you off. First you think it's romance with two friends in love and both of them in fear to pursue their true feelings for each other, and something out of thy ordinary happens. This could be a movie in my opinion and would be a sold out release. Keep writing my friend. Thanks for this opportunity to read your work. P.S let me know if you posted more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gauravpal

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'd love to get your reviews for my other writing too! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2016
Last Updated on March 30, 2016

Author

gauravpal
gauravpal

faridabad, haryana, India



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..