Cutting My Fingers Off

Cutting My Fingers Off

A Poem by ghoststars

If I said I had a story to tell, would you believe me? 
Because these street lights keep blinding me and this repetitive song saved my life.
How about if I said the lines on the road were all lies because my life is already wrecked?
I just keep driving and driving but these signs are leading me nowhere.
You promised me that this path that I’m taking is the right one but the pages of this map are torn. 
Maybe I’m the sad little punk wondering around the gas station at 2am begging for a smoke. 
You’re the cancer that the doctors warned me about. 
Is that you with the blue lights spinning in my rear view mirror? 
My vision is blurry and you’re my glasses that I can’t find. 
Maybe one day this world won’t be filled with pot holes and broken hearts.

© 2016 ghoststars


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the metaphor of the road as life. Very well thought out and incredibly relatable. We all find ourselves going through pot holes and following a map that seems to lead nowhere. The lines in our life keeping up on the right path are generally broken and steering us the wrong way. What a great description.

Posted 7 Years Ago


ghoststars

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I deeply appreciate it.
I got the feels with this.

There's a part of my heart that just aches for the writer and it makes me want to give you a hug. This poem is full of pain and yet holds a sense of the real world that gives the reader the feeling that this is real.

It's well written and pain ridden. I love how raw this is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


ghoststars

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I appreciate it greatly :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 3, 2016

Author

ghoststars
ghoststars

KY



About
It seems like when someone asks me to say something then I somehow, for once in my life, don't have anything to say. I don't know what I'm doing or what I'm writing. more..

Writing
Goodbye. Goodbye.

A Poem by ghoststars