Can you bring me the Moon? Part: 2

Can you bring me the Moon? Part: 2

A Chapter by SirPen
"

Your heart can make you tremble away from your goal.

"
"Hey... Can you bring me the moon?" 

The assassin stood with his blade in one hand and the vial in the other. The innocent request had completely wiped his mind of everything, putting his focus on the teenage girl. The girl turned her head back towards the moon, her useless legs sprawled out beneath her on the bed. 

The only sound heard was the controlled breathing of the assassin, as he reached to open the vial. "Hey." His fingers were on the stopper of the vial, but he didn't open it. She turned her head once more to him, her eyes sad."Before I die... can you bring me the moon?" 

His face twisted under the hood, as those words caused his chest to tighten. He removed his fingers from the vial, and let his arm holding it fall. He raised his blade. Tears streamed down her face as he approached with his blade, and she turned to look up at the moon once more. As he stood next to her, only half an arm's length away... 

"They say, they can fix my legs...that I can be healthy and strong, that I can take walks in the garden and look up at the moon." She paused and put her head in her folded arms, looking out at the garden below. " I could be closer to the moon." She turned to look at her killer, but he was gone, and the door to her room was open. She looked on for a moment at where the man was once at, then looked at the moon. 

The man hurried to the rendezvous point, at the window he and his partner had entered together at. He didn't see any sign of his partner and no sign had been made that he had already escaped. He went in search of his partner, to either find him dead, or with blood on his blade. The light of the The Captains room could be seen, and the effects of the vial's substance was noticeable as every sound was silenced. He paused, readied his blade and entered the room. 

His partner was on the floor and large amounts of blood was pooling around him. The Captain was right next to him near the bloodied bed, his sword arm dripping blood, and hanging uselessly next to him. He opened his mouth. The silence had begun to deteriorate, and faint crude sounds could be heard erupting, as his mouth moved furiously. 
The assassin took out his vial and removed the stopper, then he raised his blade. 

"Hey... Can you bring me the moon?" 
"Your targets are the Counts daughter.... targets.... The Captain... bloody your .... silently... silence." 
He could see his partners face as they both nodded, before entering that window. He pulled out a small jewel orb, and whispered. "The Captain's dead."


© 2014 SirPen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
Nice short story, is there more of it anywhere? Would love to see more of this world, characters and story. Though this isn't really a conventional review by any means, I just wanted to say you should write more of this story.
Thanks, keep at it.
Josh.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
Nice short story, is there more of it anywhere? Would love to see more of this world, characters and story. Though this isn't really a conventional review by any means, I just wanted to say you should write more of this story.
Thanks, keep at it.
Josh.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 6, 2014


Author

SirPen
SirPen

L.A, CA



Writing
??? ???

A Story by SirPen