A letter to my old love

A letter to my old love

A Story by samie05
"

A girl wrote to her old love asking for help on her new love

"
To my old love,

Hi! How's it been? Wow! How long has it been since we last communicated? I'm not here to ask you back or annoy you. I just needed some help.

You see, there is this guy that I really like right now. We have one class together. In that class, we don't have any seating arrangements but he always sits right next to me. You know that I give off a "Don't talk to me!" vibe; but he always make an effort to say hello or good morning to me. He was just like you before you broke my heart. He cheers me up when I am down, he talks to me when I'm bored, he is always there when I needed help even if I didn't ask him and he gives me harsh advice about the realities of life. We talk about random things like you and I did before. You know how much I love to learn, and he's willing to teach me things that I don't know.

I like talking to him, I like being with him and I want to know more about him. How can I be close to him without scaring him like I did to you? How can I make him like me without annoying him like I did to you?

No. He is not another guy that I'm forcing myself to like just so that I can move on from you! He's different, like you. But unlike you, he hasn't hurt me yet. He hasn't been cold to me without any explanation nor toyed with my emotions. Unlike you, he isn't the perfect guy that I had always wanted. He is just a guy that I simply like. I didn't even expect to like him.

Can you please help me? Help me know how to not scare him away. Tell me what I did wrong with us so that I won't make the same mistake with him. Tell me the things that you wanted me to do, that you wanted us to do; so that I'll do my best to do them in order to make him happy. I want to do it right this time.

Sincerely,
The girl who had moved on

© 2015 samie05


Author's Note

samie05
It's been a while since I posted something here. I want to know what you guys think of this piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it's good. A sort of a new concept on love letters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


samie05

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! I hope what I wrote is not cliche or cheesy.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015
Tags: Letter, love, old, from, girl, break-up, moving on

Author

samie05
samie05

Iloilo City, Region IV, Philippines



About
I'm Samantha Louise Jarder 20 years old. I love writing poems and stories, that's why I signed up for this. I'm an aspiring writer but currently a civil engineering student. I don't have much to sa.. more..

Writing
Friendzone Friendzone

A Poem by samie05


Confusion Confusion

A Poem by samie05