The Flower and the Demon

The Flower and the Demon

A Story by samie05

            Once there lived a demon who lusted for beautiful beauties that walk on earth. The most beautiful beauties were the untouched maidens which he easily taints. He wooed them with sweet words and offered them great treasures that easily weaken a young maiden's heart.

 

            But one day, he stumbles upon what he considered the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, a flower. He was filled with awe and amazement, but the flower did not look away from the sun. The demon started courting the flower, but she didn't look his way.

 

            The demon wooed the flower with the sweetest words that every young maiden or creature would blush and smile and be easily taken away, but the flower stayed still and didn't show any expression.

 

            Then, the demon gave her his most precious and riches treasure that any country would never be hungry with, any king would be the most powerful, and any treasure hunter would die happily having it; but the flower stayed still, spoke no word, nor looked at the treasure.

 

            The demon became frustrated by the flower's stubbornness. He wanted her so much that grabbed the flower's stem. He was surprise that he was in pain and looked at his palm, it was bleeding. He was overwhelmed with frustration that he forgot that the flower had thorns. He smiled and made a quiet laugh because he realized that he fell in love with the flower.

 

            Ever since then, the demon promised himself to take good care of the flower; because, if the flower can never be his then no one can have her. He never left her in just a second, he protected her from any pest or predator that would harm her and was very gentle of her. He never dared to touch her because he was afraid of both her thorns and taint her with his own hands.

 

            Then one day, the demon was shocked to see the flower changed her beautiful colors to a dead color and didn't look at the sun. He fell to the ground and cried for his flower was dying.

 

            To his surprise, the flower opened up and said her last words to him, “The reason I never blushed or smile on your words is because I already heard it from someone else and he always says that to me. The reason I didn't accept your treasure is because it'll be too greedy for me to accept, I already have a treasure, it was given to me by someone dear to me because what he gave me was life. The reason I didn't return your love nor look your way is because I'm in love with someone else and I can not afford to look away from him.”

 

            “Then who may this be that made you smile and blush, that gave you your valuable treasure that made you fall in love and not look away from him? Is he the sun?” The demon asked. The flower laughed beneath her breathes and said “He is next to the sun and the sun loves him too.” “Is he the clouds or the sky? Or the moon or the stars?” he asked again. “He is loved by the clouds, the sky, the moon and the stars. He is loved by all the creatures of the earth. He is God.” she answered. “But now he's taking away everything from you! Do you still love Him?” he asked. “Of course.” she replied a gentle reply. “But why?” the demon asked as his tears flowed from cheeks. “Why? Because now, I will be with Him forever.” Then, the flower died.

 

            The angels from heaven fetched the flower, and together, they went to heaven, leaving the demon mourn his forever mourning on earth.

 

 

© 2010 samie05


Author's Note

samie05
Well...i know its kinda weird, but i can't get it out of my mind but simply write it out...haha

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I’m an armature when it comes to stories; all I can say is the content in this write comes together from beginning to the end. Where the demon would prey on the innocent the flower presented a challenge he could not accept. Excellent story line in my opinion, great job keep on writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's a really interesting concept, I like it! It's well put together.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Omg. That was such a cute story. I loved it. And the end was a little sad,...but it was really good! Ohh, Btw i found a spelled error, in the 6th paragraph 2nd sentence. 'leaved' should probably be 'left'. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I’m an armature when it comes to stories; all I can say is the content in this write comes together from beginning to the end. Where the demon would prey on the innocent the flower presented a challenge he could not accept. Excellent story line in my opinion, great job keep on writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

574 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010
Tags: Flowers, Demons, God

Author

samie05
samie05

Iloilo City, Region IV, Philippines



About
I'm Samantha Louise Jarder 20 years old. I love writing poems and stories, that's why I signed up for this. I'm an aspiring writer but currently a civil engineering student. I don't have much to sa.. more..

Writing
Friendzone Friendzone

A Poem by samie05


Confusion Confusion

A Poem by samie05