The Helping Hand

The Helping Hand

A Story by GlamGirl
"

It was a dark and stormy night...

"

  “I’ll take the dog out!” I said. I got the leash and grabbed my light fall coat. I was in my pajamas. I was wearing my American Idol shirt and my sweatpants. It was night time in the middle of winter, and the snow was falling heavily. There were big gusts of wind, and what I was wearing wasn’t the best in this weather. I unzipped my coat so passersby could see me proudly wearing my American Idol t-shirt.  I was struck by the whipping winds and blinding snows as soon as I opened the door. My dog didn’t want to go out, and she explained that to me by not moving a muscle. I finally pushed her out, and took her for a walk by the grocery store.

 

   You could barely see the sidewalk through the thick blanket of snow, so I just stayed to the side of the road. I got closer to the grocery store parking lot, which was also very hard to see. My dog was having trouble walking with all of the wind. There was an elderly man in the parking lot who was having the same trouble with his walker. The metal wheels were noticeably not working in this harsh weather.

        

     I could see no one else around, so I ran over and helped him. The wind seemed to pick up it’s pace when I rounded the corner of the store. As I started to reach him, he stopped struggling with his walker. I put one of my arms around his frozen walker, and one around him for balance. I helped him through the parking lot and up over the curb. We got to the grocery store door. Now the light from the store was illuminating us.

              

    It was obvious that the man was over 85 years old, and that he was very well dressed for the weather, unlike me. The man kept staring at my American Idol shirt, studying each of the Idol’s faces. I reached out to open the door handle for him. He reached out and grabbed my arm. He licked his lips as if to speak (or eat me!). “Who is your favorite one?” he said, the words tumbling out of his mouth like gravel. He lifted a shaky, frail hand and touched each of the Idol’s faces on my shirt.  I reached out my own hand and gently guided it over one of their faces. “Adam Lambert.” I said, stopping over his face. He nodded slowly, letting go of his walker.

 

   He turned around.. “Sir?” I said, wondering what he was doing. He gracefully turned around. His walker turned into snow, which was quickly blown away by the harsh winds. The man that I saw now however, was completely different then the one I had seen just a few seconds ago.

           I fell backwards, and struggled to get up in the snow. “Adam?” I gasped. He reached for my hand, and pulled me back up to my feet. “Adam Lambert.” he confirmed. He performed an awkward bow. He put his hand over his face on my shirt. “Adam Lambert.” he repeated. I slowly nodded. I understood that something magically unexplainable had just happened before my eyes. I looked down and noticed that my dog and its leash had been blown away with the old man’s walker.

 

   I looked back up at him. He was shrugging off the old man’s coat, and under it he magically had formal attire! Adam reached out and took my hand. We looked at each other for a while. “The car’s over there.” he whispered. We made our way through the parking lot. The snow suddenly lost its rage and was falling gently around us.             

© 2011 GlamGirl


Author's Note

GlamGirl
A cute little fanfiction that I wrote a while ago :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cal
Lol Micro! But really, Rye! I thought of Sebby when Adam bowed, haha. And at the begining, when it said fall jacket, I thought of Ciel. No clue who though... But I really like it hee hee.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh ryley, you're obsessed aren't you!! XD honestly, after he changed, instead of picturing him as Adam lambert I pictured sebastian, doing one of his elegant twirls with silverwhere in hand (you need to watch kuroshitsuji!) but this story made me laugh!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah it is cute, a very good fantasy story:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So you ditched you dog for Adam Lambert? lol very funny and very quirky

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011

Author

GlamGirl
GlamGirl

VT



About
17, competitive dancer, musician, runner, general dork. I used to post a lot a few years ago, and I've found some interest again through a poetry class I am taking at school. Looking forward to pos.. more..

Writing
Janet Janet

A Poem by GlamGirl


Confess Confess

A Story by GlamGirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..