1 ~ The Moon's Up

1 ~ The Moon's Up

A Chapter by Damon Favreau
"

hope you enjoy the teaser :D

"

      My day probably begins like it would for most: nutella on slightly burnt toast, the remaining half of a water bottle from next to my bed, looking in the mirror half awake, poking at the lines that my constricting bed sheets scared on me, and getting dressed by throwing on some shorts, a tanktop, and over-used shoes. All of that crap is what most people would consider normal. But every other part of my days seem to end up freaking crazy. There was a moment in my past that I couldn't place my finger on...that I started to...

      "Hey sweety! You're going to be late for work again!" my mother yelled downstairs at me, my eyes suddenly twice awake.

      "S**t! I'd better hurry!" I said, wolfing down the last of my delicious toast like some kind of crazy vacuum cleaner and nunning up the stairs, out the door, and straight into my car. Roaring my car to life with only three attempts, my car peeled out of the driveway. If there was one nice thing about my old car, it had to be it's killer sound system that my parents installed as an early graduation gift. The beauty of how well it could put out in bass for songs from James D. Stark and Third Realm made me crack a tired smile through the rush of traffic to my summer job.

      Bolting from my car through the back door of the Taco Magic I noticed that I was three minutes early and tossed my work attire on. The only thing that was "magic" about Taco Magic's food was how saddisticly fast it was digested. Not exactly the prettiest of bathrooms. Luckily I was a cashier because I was fortunate enough to be best friends with the co-manager's sister.

      After being teased by a few late customers for having a lip ring, I was finally done with work. Throwing my clothes in a heap on my backseat and opening the front door to my car, I gazed at the sky; it's darkening gold a lust in my heart. It was time to go see my best friend in the whole world, Raine.

      Getting flipped off by six slow old drivers as I weaved around them in this retired city of Greenville (it's not my fault I actually like going the speed limit, my anxiety grew thinking of the night to come. Gravel crunching under my tires as my beat-up car came to a stop, I could see Raine waiting on the bench in front of the cemetary sporting her skinny jeans, Black Veil Brides t-shirt, and shoes that matched mine in wear.

     She pulled her brown bangs from her green eyes and black squared glasses, a smile grew on her face, and she pounced at me like a lion, tackling me to the ground and giggling like a squeeky-toy.

          "I missed you Draven." Raine whispered maniacly in my ear and burst out laughing. It was her cute way of being excited, I decided. I demonically stared into her eyes with a smirk.

     "I missed you too Raine."

     "GAAAAHH! Draven! You know that freaks me out!"

     "Haha yes of course." I said with a smile, "You know what today is, don't you?"

     "Duh! Tonight's another creepy full moon...wait a minute. Draven...I thought you said you wouldn't try this stuff anymore! It gives me the heebee jeebee's." She said with a shiver.

     "I can't help myself. Besides," I said, lighting a cigarette, "You know I love this s**t. Let's get started; the moon's up and the sun's finally down."



© 2012 Damon Favreau


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012


Author

Damon Favreau
Damon Favreau

Spokane, WA



About
Collector of vintage lighters. Energy-filled sex-demon. Coffee enthusiast. Electronica entrepreneur. more..

Writing
Sneak Peek Sneak Peek

A Chapter by Damon Favreau