Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Damon Favreau
"

Here you see what Draven's world really is. You also find out as he does that it isn't as safe as it was a year before.

"

     Apparently, even the last day of school they give after school detention. I knew Archy must have bailed out on me as a friend because he was always my ride home and wasn't waiting for me. Go figure. We would ride home in his crappy paint-chipping car smoking cigarettes, and sometimes I was able to get him to buy a pizza that I got one or two pieces of. Archy loves eating more than his own car.

     After five hours of cleaning up garbage that happy seniors left behind in the hallway, it was 8:00pm and getting dark out, but lucky for me, my school was in the ghetto district of Los Angeles, California. As hard as it is to believe, it wouldn't be people to fear nowadays. A year ago, in 2012, Earth changed as we knew it. One day all of the Americas lost communications with the rest of the world. All aircraft we sent over were destroyed just before it reached land by some sort of "mysterious beings". As of now, we consider ourselves The New USA; The United Survivors of the Americas. But, this year, people have been disappearing unexplainably. As of now, I'll work on making it home alive.

     I pulled out a 99, lit it, and took a long drag. What a long-a*s day. At least it was almost over. No more school. No more homework. But most of all, no...WACK! A rock the size of a dollar-coin nailed me right in the back of the head, nocking my last cigarette into a puddle. "Hey emo kid! Ready to get your a*s kicked?" F**k.

    "I don't know, a*****e. You ready for a broken arm?" I taunted. He sneered and sprinted towards me with a spiteful burning in his eyes. Just before his white-knuckled fist was about to hit me, I ducked and swept my leg low, tripping him into the puddle. Knowing that if I let him up, he would most definately pull a knife on me, I jumped on top of him and quickly put him in an armbar. I thought of all the times he called me "emo kid" and tugged harder on his arm. I thought of him getting Martha to cheat on me and tugged harder, making him wimper a little. Then I thought of the threat that he was to me and his arm snapped, and he cried out. I didn't even know I was able to break his arm...I just wanted him to hurt a lot.

     "Get the hell away from me!" he yelled limping away from me and holding his limp arm. I stood up and brushed dust and mud from my clothes. At least I don't have to deal with that jerk anymore.

     I glanced at my black-leather wristband watch. 8:13 pm...ahhh here it comes; an "armored bus", standard issue as of 2013, which was basically an old city bus with metal scraps welded to the windows. It felt great to be in somewhere secure.

     Sitting in the far back like I always do, I noticed a very attractive emo chick on the other end of the back seat. She had blonde-tipped black hair, rainbow thigh-highs, and a lacey black and red tu-tu skirt. Her face looked very smooth, with lots of make-up and plenty of eyeliner. Her eyes iruses seemed black, and it was like she was peering into my soul, which wierdly made me feel naked. She was slumped-over looking sad, reveiling a black rose tattoo on her upperback.

     "You okay?" I almost whispered. She looked straight into my eyes and smiled with fangs for canine teeth. They must've been fake... a lot of people do that; especially us goths and emos. Mesmorized, I blinked my eyes and she was right in front of me. I must've stared at her for too long...

     "Hey, could you walk me home? I know we just met, but I feel scared.  You know, with everyone disapearing lately? It scares the bajesus outta me." She asked sweetly and innocently.

     "Ummm, sure!  But... could I, like, get your name first?"  That's just like me, springing for any chance for a little action. "Well, just call me Candy..."  I followed her off of the bus. "So, mister Goth-Pants, what's your name?"  "Draven." I muttered out like a drunk. We walked down an alley and up the fire-exit of a tall apartment building.

     "You can't be too careful these days." She said as we stopped near the top floor in front of an open window, black drapes fluttering in the wind. "Can you come in for something to drink?" "Sure, why not?" I replied stepping into her room. "It's freezing wind up here."

     Her room's door had locks all over it, the walls were black with death metal band posters all over them, and there were red candles scattered on the floor in front of her bed, which was a deep black-finished wood. The only light came from the TV displaying a paused war-video game.

     Candy closed the window, nearly making me piss myself in fear, pulled out a lighter, lit all of the candles, and turned the TV off in one fluid motion.  Then, she headed to a minifridge that I could now see in the new light. "What would you like to drink? I have alcohol if you aren't a p***y, but other than that, do you like tap water?" "Surprise me, Candy. Mix me up something." "Mmmmm, Kay" She giggled. As she bent down to get the drinks I blushed seeing a black thong under her skirt and above her tight pair of short-shorts.

     I only had an appartment left to go to anyways. What's the point in not having to deal with school if you have to spend it alone anyways? Besides...I have this super hot teenager interested in me for once. She walked over with two martini glasses full of purple liquid, and handed me one. It smelled like roses and tasted like pixie styx. The strange concoction was gone with three others before I knew what happened. "You look very beautiful, Candy."  She bit her lip piercing my heart with her eyes as she leaned in and kissed me. Mmmm, cherry flavor! One kiss lead to another, heating into a farage of tongue kissing. Backing up to her bed we fell onto her silky blankets. Two seconds later, she was kissing my neck, and it felt amazing. But suddenly something was wrong. I felt like I was getting weaker...and very tired. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was her smile with blood dripping down her fanged mouth.



© 2012 Damon Favreau


Author's Note

Damon Favreau
I love reviews, and remember that as much info being introduced, it is just a fraction of what is in store for Draven.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Thanks Ranbir! Your opinion is golden to me...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 28, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

Damon Favreau
Damon Favreau

Spokane, WA



About
Collector of vintage lighters. Energy-filled sex-demon. Coffee enthusiast. Electronica entrepreneur. more..

Writing
Sneak Peek Sneak Peek

A Chapter by Damon Favreau