Diamonds

Diamonds

A Story by Cecilia

I'm sitting in a room that I believe i am getting to know better than my lover's body.
Diamonds, i see them everywhere. On the ceiling, the walls, trhe floor, the seats, they compose the lights and the windows.

The wall diamonds on the wall are of a hideous shade that you find on a bathroom wallpaper. A wallpaper so distasteful it makes my innards curl. Dotted with grotesque shades of pink and blue and as of today i understand "The Yellow Wallpaper" a little more.

I look up to find more. There are nine on each wall. Five are decorations with speckled granite blue and the horrid beige that every house begins with. Between each awful diamond decoration is a diamond murky diamond window so high up i just imagine someone watching me getting ready to pounce. In fear and hate i look down.

Only to discover more. The carpet, oh God, i don't know what color it is. Grey, red, blue, yellow. Each color is it's jagged line, in eight inches i see over twenty-four diamonds composed of merely four line patterns. I'll admit, this pattern is quite deceiving, i thought it was the lightening bolts of Zeus trapped in the ground.

Believe it or not the seats aren't as horrid as you would think. But the colors clash... or maybe they mesh. It's so terrifying, i can't tell. They're gray with two simple red diamonds in the middle. The seat bottoms are no doubt diamonds in camouflage.  They're so shiny and sparkly i look back up to the lights to look at what could cause such a reflection.

More. Red diamonds. The lightbulbs and uncut like diamonds and the light they shine is the only thing that makes this room bearable. I lied. I have to escape, this pattern brings me to my knees and i wonder who could have made such a horrible contraption. A concoction so vile it makes people want to erase the last fifteen years of their life to make sure they never think of coming here again.

And so i'm alone.  

© 2009 Cecilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 8, 2009

Author

Cecilia
Cecilia

TN



About
I love a lot. I love love, in fact it's my favorite thing, I love being in love, I love quotes, I love anime, I love video games, I love art, I love poetry, I love life, I love smiling, I lo.. more..

Writing
I'm... I'm...

A Story by Cecilia


wordvomit. wordvomit.

A Poem by Cecilia


The Letter The Letter

A Story by Cecilia