Power

Power

A Poem by Brianna Reeves-E
"

A second person narrative about my rape. Written for slam-poetry.

"
“Do not give him the power to hurt you.” your loved ones scream at you with ignorance flooding their vocal chords.

You never did GIVE him the power. From the very start he had FORCED it upon you as if it were a right.  

They do not realize that he did more than touch your skin.
He reached up into you and carved his name onto your heart with his dirty fingernails as if it were gift to receive what he gave you.

but it was not!

They ask you why you keep showering so often and you want to tell the truth and say it’s because his fingerprints are all over you….but only you can see them. So you see no use and simply say, “because I want to.”

As he is forgetting you,
you are forgetting yourself and what it was like to not want to rip apart your skin and become nothing but dust.

The actual event may have ended, but the story is long from over and only you can understand that maybe one day the pain will fade, but it will never NOT be there. He will always have the power. He will always lurk in the darkest parts of your mind, commanding you to fear all that you once knew and all that you want to be.

© 2015 Brianna Reeves-E


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry for the pain and it comes through in your work. Expressing your feelings in this way is one of the best ways to take back your life. Your words show your strength and with time it will fade to a stored memory. It will become reference material for your future life. Thank you for sharing and all my best to you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brianna Reeves-E

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review! I appreciate it. Best to you as well. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on May 18, 2015
Last Updated on May 18, 2015
Tags: rape, pain, hurt, sad, lost, depression, trigger warning

Author

Brianna Reeves-E
Brianna Reeves-E

Fairfield, ME



About
Hello! I'm Bri. I'm 19. I enjoy writing, blogging and listening to all varietys of music. I am very passionate about psychology and am finally starting to (well, plan to) work towards becoming a Psych.. more..

Writing