Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by HaleyB
"

Tick, tock they never stop that sound keeps on coming there's only one way to stop the ticking. I've tried every other way it didn't stop till now, but I have to keep going back.

"
Tick tock, that annoying ticking is at it again, always there even if that damn clock isn't. That woman needed to stop ticking, so I made it stop. He said that she loved clocks so why not give her the perfect one, but what time, what style, what size? He suggested that the time of her first death was perfect, just like the others, tick tock.
Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into months then becoming years. Oh, how he hated yet loved his clock, that damned clock. With its constant black hands reminding him of all the missed chances, missed memories, and always the biggest mistake. Tick tock.
The news was on, they sat watching, waiting for the storm they created to begin. There wasn't anything new, it was the same repeat. They had given so much yet getting very little in return, they didn't like that, they were going out again, time to find another. Tick tock.
She looked upon the grandfather clock in her sitting room as it rang its hallow chimes, staying as it struck hour after hour, her heart breaking becoming fallen pieces. She knew not to remember yet she did. The ones, twos, and threes sat upon the face almost as if they knew what was happening behind closed doors. How she lost everything, destroyed something so pure and perfect. It sickened her so; how could she be so cruel. The clock chimed once more as the clock carved on her wrist showed twelve-oh-three.
Tick tock, it was so easy at times, others so hard; he didn't understand, she didn't want to. They knew though that them being alone and uncaring is best, but sometimes they do care and are not alone, those are harder. Tick tock.


© 2021 HaleyB


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on March 3, 2019
Last Updated on February 4, 2021


Author

HaleyB
HaleyB

Windsor, CA



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by HaleyB


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by HaleyB