The Vanilla Cupcake

The Vanilla Cupcake

A Chapter by Haley
"

The first chapter with the first cupcake

"
        This whole cupcake thing started on my 9th birthday. My mom made a banana cupcake with butter cream frosting. She said it came from Chicago, and it was very famous in the 90's. She also said this would be served at my party. I have to admit I wasn't completely on board with the whole baking thing.  But my mom loves it so I support her.


       Now my mom is building a bakery across the street called The Cupcake Shoppe. I came up with the name. Tonight I'm going to my friend Jami's house. She is inviting Madi, Skylar, Brooklyn and myself. I slept over and when everyone left I sat at her desk. She walked over and pulled on her desk drawer and let me glance at this festive colored paper. I recite the repeated words on the paper. "Cupcake Contest, submit 1 recipe to 375 P.O. Box Miami, Florida. If we like your recipe you will win a trip to Chicago, Illinois. Oh my goodness this is so... bad". "What" Jami said in shock. "Well, look. You MUST work on this alone. Me and my mom always work together on project especially cupcake baking projects". What am I going to do, I thought. There's no way I can make a cupcake recipe without my mom knowing and wanting to help, and if I say no it will hurt her feeling what am I going to do?


© 2011 Haley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2011


Author

Haley
Haley

Greenville



About
love instruments, singing, dancing, cooking, but mostly writing more..

Writing
Red Velvet Cupcake Red Velvet Cupcake

A Chapter by Haley