Fear Not The Fade of Light

Fear Not The Fade of Light

A Poem by The Lady Anasteja

Death shall bare the burden

for he will absolve distress

shed fragments of affliction

and condemn this unholy mess

 

fear not the fade of light

spring forth a glimmer of redemption

 

Set free of ambition

rise with fortitude

for Death is not in distaste

when anguish possesses the heart

 

Surrender your body, and

vindicate your soul

release the mind from ages of weary, and

wholly restraint

 

Submerge emotions in ease, and

lap the depths of the abyss

emerge from within sanctity

 

Rise oh cleansed one, with a purified

heart

 

For soon it will be light

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 The Lady Anasteja


Author's Note

The Lady Anasteja
Eh, not sure really. maybe you can figure it out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think, maybe, escaping from something of a time once again and yet, also, a reminder to yourself that even through the darker times...there is an escape and you can't let yourself forget this. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I I loved it
very spiritual, dark, and
mysterious at the same time

Great job!

Orlando Murcia

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not only does it make more sense to accept the soothing qualities of the dark, a la Tao, out of which everything mysteriously arises and returns, evidence suggests outer light segues to inner light. At any rate, an easy attitude toward death, non-morbid either pro or con, complements an easy attitude toward mortal life. Way too much arbitrary nonsense to get worked up about; steady as she goes.

Personally, I think death is a continuation of consciousness without a physical body, rather like a dream state. Seems, like mortal life, that the postmortem state varies considerably depending on one's orientation on the way out.

"For soon it will be dark." Or Light. At any rate, we'll all find out soon enough. The mystics say, "Wake up and drop dead!" Dying before one dies is considered a good way to understand life more thoroughly.

My, I could just die into this consideration indefinitely. . .Since my birth name is "Peace," I close with R.I.P.


Posted 15 Years Ago


beautiful imagery! definitely true...it is not to be feared if it will relieve the soul.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I sometimes wish for the sweet release from this world, not by my hand but not fearing it in its promises of a better existance. Well written piece my dear.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Death is just the end of one journey, and the start of a another. Well written and thought out.
Really enjoyed it
Leran Vakem

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the way you give death a persona. Death becomes a saviour who will put right your wrongs and cleanse your soul. I think your use of words is at time sublime, they seem to fit together perfectly. In a way, I almost hear this as a prayer. I can hear it being read out at a funeral service to comfort the relatives.
Very clever. I enjoyed it immensely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It was imply beautiful!!!.
Beautifully put together....
YOUR WORDS ARE POWERFUL.!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The first thing that struck me was seeming homages to Dylan Thomas (something I've often done as he is my favorite poet to date). Specifically: Fear Not The Fade Of Light (Rage, Rage against the dying of the light),
Death shall bare the burden (Death shall have no dominion. (In my own homage to Death shall have no dominion, I have a poem starting out: Death shall not cry for me though she'll sweep me up in her arms...))

I must admit that at first, since those two seemingly homages occured back to back, I thought the poem was going to be too close to Dylan's work, however it strayed from his style after that opening line, from which point on I liked the poem much better. I absolutely love the rhyme of 'distress' and 'unholy mess', and the rhyming voice there seems genuinely yours from what I've read of your writing in the past.

There are other bits and pieces I truly admire and I think the single line ending is awesome (another of your strong points based on what I've read of yours in the past). However, I think as a whole, some of it seems forced. For instance: Rise, Oh cleansed one/with a purified heart....
Seems too archaic and not written in your true voice. The poem, at least to me, seems to bounce back and forth between your true voice and one you seem to be experimenting with (which is a good thing actually because that's how we grow as writers and break from the constraints of our comfortable strengths in crafting our work).

Concluding, I consider this poem an experiment and a first draft. I think it has a lot of potential and I think much of it is good. I do even enjoy reading it as is, but think you can rework some of it to make it stronger. I hope you don't think I'm tearing it apart because as I've said, I like it very much. I'm just trying be constructive in the same manner that I'd want people to be with my poems, so that they become better poems than when I initially show them and so I grow as a writer.

Thanks for the excellent read
and I will add reviews to more of your poems as promised.

(actually, I couldn't log into my account until I got an email from writers cafe saying you wanted to add me as a friend. Then suddenly my account was active again. That's the only reason its taken me this long to begin with).

GlaxoCrux



Posted 15 Years Ago


"for Death is not in distaste
when anguish possesses the heart"
That line seemed to jump out to me the most.

This was truely one of a kind, a rarity and an enviable quality.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2008
Last Updated on October 26, 2008

Author

The Lady Anasteja
The Lady Anasteja

Stroudsburg, PA



About
I don't advize, and I don't criticize, I just know what I like with my own eyes - DM more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..