Memories

Memories

A Story by Mandy Amanda
"

Memories of my biological father. In honor of him

"

The memories I have of you know are about two, each one I cherish, but each one is different.

The first memory I have is the one that hurts the most, I see it very vividly every October every year.

I see your house out in Kerrville, Texas with the dirt drive way, Omee and Opa and Charlene out in front of it waiting for me to get out of the car. On October 20th I was there the day before you died, my mom and aunt Carolyn took me to see you one last time. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew it wouldn't be good. I was told in the car on the drive up to see you that you were weak and you were in a little hospital bed in your living room. Little did I know you were all skin and bones except for your face, and you had all of your hair. I remember walking in to the house with Omee and seeing you laying there asleep. I remember I touched your hand even though I was afraid because I didn't want to wake you up. Everyone sat around after I got time with just you and Omee alone and they talked about you, and your favorite foods. Even though you had an oxygen tank hooked up to you I knew you were at the end of your days just looking at you. It is the most vivid memory I have of you know because the next night you passed away and I was turning 15, I was crushed. The thing that got me through it was that I got to hear your voice over the phone one last time, and even though I couldn't hear you I knew you were telling me it would be okay, and that you loved me, the only thing you didn't know is that after that I was crying and I cried myself to sleep. The only other memory I have of you is when I was really little, I don't know what age I was really but I remember meeting you at the park and playing with you, I know I cherished every minute of that. Know since you passed away in October the only memory that surfaces is of you on the hospital bed asleep hooked up to oxygen. It's been almost 5 years and I am going to be 20 now, and I have a two people who make me happy and calm about your passing. Even though you were young, knowing that you are in a nice quiet spot and Omee and Opa are still taking care of you and doting on you every week, I know I don't need to worry. The happiest part was being with Omee, Bob, Opa, and Omee's sisters up in Kerrville and hearing some more stories about you, but the true happiest part was that you are here in Texas for good and know you are a tree that is so strong and beautiful. I love my parents as my parents, but to me you will always be my third parent, and nothing can change that.

© 2015 Mandy Amanda


Author's Note

Mandy Amanda
Just a few memories I have. I don't have a lot of memories of him so this is all I have to remember him by.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on October 10, 2015
Last Updated on October 10, 2015




Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5